We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm usually pretty conservative but this smells like a game where Buffalo should go off.

Fins did great by beating Buffalo once already (even though badly outgained) and really played a good game in Orchard Park to the wire.   Now they have Buffalo's full attention for their running game and speed.  As much as the New England game was important and for the 2 seed..The Bills were already in the tournament,,,and had a terrible week.  They still won but really did not play anywhere close to a complete game.  

Now the stakes are for real...and this where Allen and Co. left off after 13 seconds in KC.  You get playoff Josh at home...hopefully playoff defense as well.  I'm normally nervous as hell but this game is not getting to me at all.  The 3rd matchup should not be close like the first two. 

I agree.  Ever since the bye week, it feels like this team has been coasting and (mostly) getting by on just having better raw talent than the other guys.  They learned last year that they can flip the switch when they need to, and I think we're going to see that switch get flipped next weekend.  Our injury-riddled and heat-stroked roster completely outplayed the Dolphins back in week 3 despite losing a close one.  With the tables turned and the stakes much higher, I expect a pounding.

Another cause for calm is that if the upset occurs and we lose to a Tua-less Miami team, there won't be any need to worry about "what if" since we were never getting past the Bengals and Chiefs in that case.  

If Tua plays it'll remind me of the game in 1990 when Steve Grogan played against us with a neck injury that some were saying was bad enough for him to retire (which he ultimately did, after playing just one more game).  I remember Bruce got to him once and basically gently lifted him up and set him on the ground.  He didn't want to be responsible for a career-ending injury or worse.

Kid gloves or not, we won that game going away.

17 minutes ago, BRH said:

I mean, I would have preferred the Steelers but you know people would be coming in here saying "but TJ Watt didn't play and it was Pickett's first start; they're so much more dangerous now and our OL sucks blah blah blah."

Well that would have been true. Watt would have destroyed Brown even on a good ankle. They have a couple decent WRs. 

I will take Miami without Tua over Pittsburgh with Watt. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tua suffered THREE concussions this season. I know it’s the playoffs but I’m sure doctors don’t want him playing. I can’t remember the last time someone suffered three major head injuries in a season. I mean his were bad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

i can't imagine any doctor wanting their name attached to him because he is radioactive.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have like zero doubt Tua is going to play.

i have zero doubt Tua will know he is playing or remember his play.

13 minutes ago, BRH said:

Lots of "tape that ***** up, it's the playoffs" posts from keyboard warriors.

He was becoming a bigger part of their short passing game of late (eight catches vs. NE last week).  Hard to see the Bills respecting that if he plays.

This is gold.

The reason he's taking longer is that he didn't even GO into protocol for his first concussion.  They called it a "back injury" and ran his ass right back out there.  Now he - and they - are paying the price.

yeah, it's fool me once shame on you, fool my twice shame on me. it's fool me thrice now and no Dr wants to be that guy who let him get back out there too early when there could be a huge microscope on him. i don't think the doctors care what sportsballman thinks - they only are willing to do what they deem medically acceptable.

still, i bet he plays.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Tua suffered THREE concussions this season. I know it’s the playoffs but I’m sure doctors don’t want him playing. I can’t remember the last time someone suffered three major head injuries in a season. I mean his were bad. 

The other day I was reading an old SI article about Roger Staubach's retirement.  He suffered five (5) concussions in his final season.  Five.  And he didn't miss a single game.

Over his career dating back to high school, he estimated he'd had at least 20 concussions.  I'm surprised he's able to feed himself these days.  Obviously everyone is different, but wow.

Things have changed, of course, and that's good.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Miami has already proven they don't give a rats arse about Tua's health. If they can trot him out giving them their best shot they'll do it. They're probably convinced at this point he's not their long term solution at QB anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

The other day I was reading an old SI article about Roger Staubach's retirement.  He suffered five (5) concussions in his final season.  Five.  And he didn't miss a single game.

Over his career dating back to high school, he estimated he'd had at least 20 concussions.  I'm surprised he's able to feed himself these days.  Obviously everyone is different, but wow.

Things have changed, of course, and that's good.

Wow. I didn’t know that. 
Not sure how Roger’s doing today, but he was clearly fine for the first couple decades at least of his retirement, making tons of money in commercial real estate. 

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Wow. I didn’t know that. 
Not sure how Roger’s doing today, but he was clearly fine for the first couple decades at least of his retirement, making tons of money in commercial real estate. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2013/08/29/roger-staubach-concussion-nfl/2730207/

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/exclusive-dallas-cowboys-legend-roger-staubach-details-familys-mental-health-challenges

Pretty amazing.  Like I said, everyone's different, but this has to be a rare case.

Edited by BRH
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, gjv said:

I like that we are playing the Dolphins. Another opportunity to even the overall record with Miami. Currently, the record is in Miami's favor; 61–52–1. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times have these teams faced each other in the post season?

Dolphins board doesn't care if Tua ends up brain dead, they want him on the field no matter what. They said other QB's made it through all 5 steps in 1 day so Tua should definitely play. If they cared about their team they would listen to the doctors. They have a very small chance of beating us with Tua and even if they somehow did by some fluke play do you think they have a chance against Cinci and then KC? Dolphins fans are the worst

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Big C said:

If the Phins front office has any desire to keep Tua long term they should bench him for the season and look to next year.

I have a feeling that they wring him dry if they can 

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m wondering if there is a bigger role to play for Hines and Beasley come playoff time?  They have been used so little offensively that would they be looking to spring them on an opponent?

we need a slot receiver. McKenzie not working out. Not sure if it's his fault or Dorsey. He's definitely not being used like last year

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dolphins board doesn't care if Tua ends up brain dead, they want him on the field no matter what. They said other QB's made it through all 5 steps in 1 day so Tua should definitely play. If they cared about their team they would listen to the doctors. They have a very small chance of beating us with Tua and even if they somehow did by some fluke play do you think they have a chance against Cinci and then KC? Dolphins fans are the worst

The ulimate irony being if they had benched him after his first concussion - sorry, bad back - then in all liklihood they wouldn't have made the play offs. They would have lost to Bills (Bridgewater failed to complete two passes and was sacked during the short time he was on the field), and the Steelers would have jumped them into seventh.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

My gut tells me Tua and Mosert both play. I don't think McDaniels cares about anything but winning. Their doctors have already proved that winning is their top priority. If it's solely a Dolphins decision I think they play. Only saving grace is now the spotlight and heat is more on the Dolphins due to their past criminal behavior. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The ulimate irony being if they had benched him after his first concussion - sorry, bad back - then in all liklihood they wouldn't have made the play offs. They would have lost to Bills (Bridgewater failed to complete two passes and was sacked during the short time he was on the field), and the Steelers would have jumped them into seventh.

So in essence it was a great move for the Dolphins. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

My gut tells me Tua and Mosert both play. I don't think McDaniels cares about anything but winning. Their doctors have already proved that winning is their top priority. If it's solely a Dolphins decision I think they play. Only saving grace is now the spotlight and heat is more on the Dolphins due to their past criminal behavior. 

I agree. I think McDaniel schemes up a heavy ground attack using Mostert, Wilson Jr and Ahmed while Tua makes the safe throws/game managing. 

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

A big reason why the Bengals hit was so bad was the Tua still hadn't recovered. If they bench him and let him heal they don't go on a multi game skid and the Steelers hit doesn't take him out for as long. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CNYfan said:

Let us face the Miami football team at their best.  This Board went from dissing TT to the max, to being afraid of him.  

I hope TT and Mostert play.  I want to beat their best in the playoffs.    

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I agree. I think McDaniel schemes up a heavy ground attack using Mostert, Wilson Jr and Ahmed while Tua makes the safe throws/game managing. 

I think the bills will beat them either way.  Having said that - i think Tua will be forced to sit.  The league and NFLPA are probably pressuring Miami to force their hand.  I think they'll make formal changes to concussion policy in the off-season but for now, mcdaniel's press conferences seem to me like him/tua don't really have a say in this no matter what.   

Just now, die hard bills fan said:

What is Bridgewater's status?  

Screwed up finger on throwing hand.  He has small hands, and its a cold weather game... my guess is he's inactive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Ahmed and Wilson Jr aren’t bad but they’re not much to worry about as much as Mostert

They can do some damage too. I mean which Bills defense shows up for this game? 

I'm interested to see how the Bills Oline holds up to the Dolphins D. The Dolphins love to blitz and bring pressure. They have bern relatively successful getting Josh off his game. Of course, Josh and the Oline are much healthier now. Big match up to watch. Wilkins, Phillips, Chubbs, and Ingrahm are formidable. 

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Let us face the Miami football team at their best.  This Board went from dissing TT to the max, to being afraid of him.  

I hope TT and Mostert play.  I want to beat their best in the playoffs.    

I don't

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think that's their best chance to win. Pound the rock and make a couple of big offensive plays. I don't see them putting the ball in Tua's hand and saying go ahead kid win it for is. Tua is more of a supporting cast QB. Don't blow it and make a few great plays. Let Hill and Waddle get the YAC. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I didn't see Tua being in extreme doubt to play. Maybe I missed it?

But Mostert out is huge. He was gashing is because of the Cover 2 shell that we realistically will need to play again

Cover 2 shell is about the only way the Bills can manage to lose this one. The Dolphins offense is predicated on knowing those holes, and arranging to have the ball and receiver meet there with precise timing. Particularly with their being a division foe with a lot of reps against the Bills scheme, they know just where to attack and they will when the Bills run their good ol' basic scheme out there yet still again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I don't

I agree. I just want to win and them being out gives the Bills a much better chance to win. I'm not looking for any style points. Just win! Also, the Bills are without Von and Hyde. So I don't wanna hear anything about injuries. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Tua probably already doesn't know where he is. Fin fans won't be happy until he doesn't know that he should be somewhere.

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They can do some damage too. I mean which Bills defense shows up for this game? 

I'm interested to see how the Bills Oline holds up to the Dolphins D. The Dolphins love to blitz and bring pressure. They have bern relatively successful getting Josh off his game. Of course, Josh and the Oline are much healthier now. Big match up to watch. Wilkins, Phillips, Chubbs, and Ingrahm are formidable. 

I think ralonzo said it best. If Fraizer uses cover 2 shell then that’s the only way Buffalo screws this game up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.