What's The Likelihood That Gabe Davis Will Get A Contract Extension?

Kangaxx

26 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He's okay as a two. But he is definitely not a 1b like we all thought he might be.

he’s a good 3 that’ll be paid like a good 2

unfortunately, with Josh and VM- we don’t get the luxury of overpaying that spot. If paying a guy, he’s got to be the guy. 

we will take the good comp pick I think

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

He isn’t worth the investment.  I’d rather draft his replacement this year than pay him any where near what he will get on the open market.  And this is from someone who thought he was going to have a big year.  

But he has shown me he is a low end number 2 WR probably better suited as a 3rd WR.  His drops, lack of awareness at times, bad feet, and lack of consistently getting open has all just been too much this year to consider paying him like a #2 WR.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He isn’t worth the investment.  I’d rather draft his replacement this year than pay him any where near what he will get on the open market.  And this is from someone who thought he was going to have a big year.  

But he has shown me he is a low end number 2 WR probably better suited as a 3rd WR.  His drops, lack of awareness at times, bad feet, and lack of consistently getting open has all just been too much this year to consider paying him like a #2 WR.

It's interesting you mention bad feet as recall a number of times as rookie and last year, a number of catches he'd make along sidelines and always manage to stay in bounds.   He was often praised for that, but seems to have forgot all that

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

He's okay as a two. But he is definitely not a 1b like we all thought he might be.

1a/1b are for guys like Tua. When you pay your QB there is an expectation that you do a little more with a little less. 

Our group isn’t great but it’s not terrible either. 

20 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It's interesting you mention bad feet as recall a number of times as rookie and last year, a number of catches he'd make along sidelines and always manage to stay in bounds.   He was often praised for that, but seems to have forgot all that

Agreed, it’s almost like he has regressed this year in several areas.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gabe is bad at catching footballs.

Understatement of thebyear.  What’s his stat line today? 2 catches 4 drops? Including that TD and a few first downs.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Let's hope playoff Gabe shows up because we aren't going to the Super Bowl without that version of him.

Start John brown.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gabe is bad at catching footballs.

It's not that he's bad at it. It's that if a ball hits him in the hands you never know if he will catch it or drop it.

You simply can't play on that level and expect to have 7 figure job in the NFL.

Replacing him with a star #2 WR should be the top priority of the off-season, long with substantive revamping on the OL.

I would make those Jobs 1 and Jobs 1A.

Oh, and find a replacement for Edmunds in the draft; I don't want to pay him the huge money he will want.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

0 percent.  He's *****.  

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's not that he's bad at it. It's that if a ball hits him in the hands you never know if he will catch it or drop it.

You simply can't play on that level and expect to have 7 figure job in the NFL.

Replacing him with a star #2 WR should be the top priority of the off-season, long with substantive revamping on the OL.

I would make those Jobs 1 and Jobs 1A.

Oh, and find a replacement for Edmunds in the draft; I don't want to pay him the huge money he will want.

He's not a natural hands catcher...he wants to let ot get to the body and when he doesn't he drops it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.