Potential decision made for Championship Game location

Ra-cha-cha

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I don’t like it, but with adding a 7th playoff team I think  the #1 seed became disproportionately valuable. I prefer the old setup with 1 and 2 seeds getting a bye, but neutral site championship games would neutralize the sting of missing out on a 1 seed a bit. It’s an interesting idea to say the least. 

It would also be an interesting way to bring some prestige to the Championship game if they ever go 8 teams per side and lose the bye week all together. Or better yet, go to 8 teams and just take a week off so everyone gets a chance to rest up before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I don’t like it, but with adding a 7th playoff team I think  the #1 seed became disproportionately valuable. I prefer the old setup with 1 and 2 seeds getting a bye, but neutral site championship games would neutralize the sting of missing out on a 1 seed a bit. It’s an interesting idea to say the least. 

It is an interesting idea, and I’m sure the NFL is considering it.  It’s a way to guarantee that the games are played in good weather, which matters when you’re a passing league and you’ve pushed your season deep into January.  But you’d have wait every year to announce the venues to make sure that teams like Miami and Arizona don’t get an undeserved home field advantage.

Edited by mannc

16 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I’m not sure I understand your logic here. Yes KC has the better record but they would’ve been the 2 seed if Buffalo beat Cincinnati, Cincinnati would have been the 2 if they beat Buffalo. That’s why instead of the Bills KC game being on a neutral site it makes more sense that the Bills/Cincinnati game is neutral and if the Bills won you can justify that they beat the Bengals thus giving them the one seed and KC would have to travel to us. KC gets the bye since at the end of the season they are 14-3 while we are 13-3. We would overtake the 1 seed if we were to beat Cincinnati (15-3 and KC being 15-3 with us having the H2H).

It’s too late to make any changes now but IMO this would have been most fair. 

Once the game was canceled, nothing would be fair. Nobody knows how that game would have ended up, but obviously the BenGals looked great & were driving for more points.

Unpopular opinion, KC is affected by the decision. Their winning % is the highest, they shouldn't have to play a neutral site game. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

Once the game was canceled, nothing would be fair. Nobody knows how that game would have ended up, but obviously the BenGals looked great & were driving for more points.

Unpopular opinion, KC is affected by the decision. Their winning % is the highest, they shouldn't have to play a neutral site game. 

Too bad...they played an easy ass schedule and lost to both the Bills and Bengals.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/5/2023 at 10:48 PM, NewEra said:

Hmm.  I thought they were different types of Turf, guess not.  did they change this year or are the turfs names just different, but are made equally?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/which-nfl-stadiums-have-artificial-turf-vs-real-grass?amp

every field is unique in its build depending on many factors. Location, weather, sports, other use, traffic, dome. no dome, etc etc.....

Slit film is the use of the strands that have holes(slits) in them. Different manufacturers all make slit film systems and call them by different names. But they are slit film if they have the slits regardless of who makes them or what that manufacture calls them for marketing and branding purposes.

https://themotzgroup.com/sport_blog/what-are-the-different-types-of-synthetic-turf-for-athletic-fields/ic Turf For Fields? (themotzgroup.com)

https://www.radsports.com/surface-types/

Edited by cba fan

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

every field is unique in its build depending on many factors. Location, weather, sports, other use, traffic, dome. no dome, etc etc.....

Slit film is the use of the strands that have holes(slits) in them. Different manufacturers all make slit film systems and call them by different names. But they are slit film if they have the slits regardless of who makes them or what that manufacture calls them for marketing and branding purposes.

https://themotzgroup.com/sport_blog/what-are-the-different-types-of-synthetic-turf-for-athletic-fields/

https://themotzgroup.com/sport_blog/what-are-the-different-types-of-synthetic-turf-for-athletic-fields/ic Turf For Fields? (themotzgroup.com)

Thanks.  I appreciate the info. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Too bad...they played an easy ass schedule and lost to both the Bills and Bengals.

That was exactly the reason that the neutral site scenarios were put in. Edit : the losses to BUF and CIN were the reason, I wasn’t including any reference to the schedule. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not their fault that the Broncos and Raiders both collapsed at the same time. KC is now like the Pats of old, basically starting every season with at least 4-6 wins in the bath thanks to their weak divisional schedule. 

3 hours ago, Luka said:

It would also be an interesting way to bring some prestige to the Championship game if they ever go 8 teams per side and lose the bye week all together. Or better yet, go to 8 teams and just take a week off so everyone gets a chance to rest up before the playoffs.

Exactly. For years people have said the Monday after the SB - America’s leading call-in sick day - should be a holiday. And now the Super Bowl is just one week before the long Presidents Day weekend. They’re on a collision course. Just do it already. Super Bowl/Presidents Day long weekend. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

Boo.jpg.8c2f18e78bcde77e921875ca14d6445e.jpg

9 hours ago, Luka said:

That's where my mind was at when I first read the idea. The "prestige" of the game would be elevated being treated as a mini-Super Bowl & culmination of the conference playoffs. With a week between the Conference Championship games & the Super Bowl, treating it as a big event held at a neutral site (like the Super Bowl), adds to a sense of achievement to the event that it doesn't currently have.

Even colleges with big rivalries & long histories will hold their matchups at a neutral site instead of alternating home fields. UT vs OU is the biggest one I've been around, and it certainly adds to the hype surrounding the game. However, I'm aware this will eventually skyrocket ticket prices ever further, pushing the average fans of these teams out of the events.

6 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

The least they could do is play a neutral site game. The opinion is unpopular because getting a free entry into the 2nd round of the playoffs & an extra week of rest is the most important thing - and they got it.

And the fact that they got that despite being behind in the standings before an unprecedented misfortune took out both their biggest rivals? The least they could do is play at a neutral site. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just in case it ends up in Charlotte, I just booked a hotel room for Sunday night.  Figured do it while prices are still low.

7 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Ha, I've got rooms booked in Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Buffalo for that whole weekend :)

Hoping to hear some news soon...

I booked mine in Nashville and Chicago....was thinking about Las Vegas but decided, nah.

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The little guy fan sitting in a seat at a stadium is just about the last thing on Earth the NFL thinks--or cares--about.

Why?  There's no money in it.  Not real money.

Paging @BADOLBILZ

Paging @BADOLBILZ

Please report to the potential decision made for championship game location in defense of the fans in the seats

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Charlotte, Nashville or Atlanta would favor the Bills lots of xwnyrs down here

I’m guessing a venue east of the mighty Mississippi 🤠

Off the top of my head Jacksonville or Tampa Bay would be reasonable due to Bills transplants down south but that would cut out a lot of WNY Bills fans and season ticket holders. 

40 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Where the hell is Atlanata?  Some where north of Toronto?  Ha 🤪 Ha

I want to know how they are going to decide on who gets the GOOD locker rooms?

That's quite a stadium they have in Atlanta. I would imagine everything there is good...

Just now, Seventeen said:

I'm a big fan of the Atlanta idea since I live here ...

Same - I have a place in Buckhead, about 15 minutes from MB.  I see Bills gear all the time in North Metro.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Indy wants to play volleyball instead

35 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

They said no. 

I'm only 5 hours from Atlanta in Charleston. 

Strange considering the revenue it could bring in locally. But, their loss. 

On 1/8/2023 at 10:24 AM, uticaclub said:

If it's KC/Cinny the game should be played in Buffalo. If it's KC/Buffalo, it should be played in Cincinnati. 

Agree but it has to be played then on alternate day (if we play Sunday it should be played on Saturday).

Top seed teams in playoffs earned home games for revenue.  Would be interesting how many Bills fans showed up and greeting KC/Bengals fans got.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.