Potential decision made for Championship Game location

Ra-cha-cha

Denver. 

1. Weather averages: high of 45, generally sunny. Chance of snow quite low.

2. "Close" to KC (9 hours drive, short flight)

3. Local fans hate the Chiefs so to the extent they get tickets, it's 100% Bills fanbase.

4. Lots of hotel rooms. Add in a ski trip too.

5. I can easily go and will pay whatever the ticket costs. This is the deciding factor, NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow, I’d be shocked if true. Too close to Buffalo, too far from KC. It will be tons of Bills fans depending on how tickets are distributed 

If the goal is equidistant, Indianapolis is the answer.  Almost right between KC and Buffalo.

let’s hope we really get to worry about the AFCG location.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:03 PM, FLFan said:

With Indy and Detroit out, Atlanta becomes the best location.  It’s neutral, an NFC city, indoors, easy to get to, time zone friendly and seems available.  New Orleans maybe?  They could play outdoors, potentially in AZ, but that seems like a more difficult road.  

Why is Indy out?

29 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

If the goal is equidistant, Indianapolis is the answer.  Almost right between KC and Buffalo.

Why is Indy out?

Indy turned it down. They have some other event in town that weekend  I won’t worry about the location at all: the Bills will be there and so will I. Just pointing out that location won’t favor KC so I’d be surprised if it was chosen. 

52 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Denver. 

1. Weather averages: high of 45, generally sunny. Chance of snow quite low.

2. "Close" to KC (9 hours drive, short flight)

3. Local fans hate the Chiefs so to the extent they get tickets, it's 100% Bills fanbase.

4. Lots of hotel rooms. Add in a ski trip too.

5. I can easily go and will pay whatever the ticket costs. This is the deciding factor, NFL.

I would hate this. Not an inexpensive flight from BUF or a convenient one. ATL would be much better than that. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wonder when potential location is announced

Sooner than later. Perhaps the next few days .. they won’t leave this unresolved for long now that the Chiefs have won. The KC win greatly increased the chances for a neutral site AFCC game. 

40 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

Why is Indy out?

Volleyball:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/06/report-indianapolis-turns-down-nfls-request-to-host-afc-championship-game-if-needed/

• Like (+1) 1

Best locations in order: 

1. chicago - roughly 8 hr drive from both KC and Buffalo. outdoor stadium. about as close as you can get to conditions you would expect in either buffalo or KC in late january. hotel situation is sufficient. 

2. nashville - roughly 8 hr drive from KC and 10-hr drive from Buffalo. both teams fan bases travel here semi often and fill the stadium. Weather unpredictable but more likely to be nice than crappy. 

3. miami - same flight time for both teams, both fans can get there with nonstop flight or easy connector. good stadium, adequate hotel situation, fun travel spot for visiting fans 

others worthy of consideration: 

4. las vegas. it's a shorter flight for KC, but both fan bases would have a blast traveling to this game and would make for one heck of a spectacle. 

5 (t). atlanta/minnesota - similar situation to miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think the league gives a ***** what venue/city would be the most “fun” for visiting fans.  They proved this by asking Indianapolis first. And they know the place will be packed regardless.

I still think they go for the most state-of-the-art available venue that’s as equidistant as possible from both cities and has a great hotel/direct flight situation.  To me, that’s Atlanta. 

Edited by BRH
  • Agree 1

Why not Chicago? It’s outdoors so you avoid the dome feel, ton of hotel rooms and convention space. Ton of flights, train and highways and not hard to get to. January 29 average high is 32 degrees with 0.4 inches of snow. 

Get out a map and look at where KC, Buffalo and Cinci all are. They are way closer to Chicago or Indy than someplace like Atlanta. That’s a nutty suggestion. 

Edited by Locomark

19 minutes ago, BRH said:

I don’t think the league gives a ***** what venue/city would be the most “fun” for visiting fans.  They proved this by asking Indianapolis first. And they know the place will be packed regardless.

I still think they go for the most state-of-the-art available venue that’s as equidistant as possible from both cities and has a great hotel/direct flight situation.  To me, that’s Atlanta. 

Atlanta seems to me as the best choice too.  

Big city, tons of hotels, and anyone can get a direct flight that wants one. 

Also, can’t hide my bias as I have a place about 15 minutes from Mercedes-Benz Stadium. 

Tons of Bills fans in/around Atlanta.  Outside the Falcons, has to be the most repped NFL team in the ATL Metro. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Atlanta seems to me as the best choice too.  

Big city, tons of hotels, and anyone can get a direct flight that wants one. 

Also, can’t hide my bias as I have a place about 15 minutes from Mercedes-Benz Stadium. 

Tons of Bills fans in/around Atlanta.  Outside the Falcons, has to be the most repped NFL team in the ATL Metro. 

Agree feel most likely locations are Nashville and ATL.

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I think Nashville or Vegas. Both would be destination locations for the thousands of traveling fans. I’ve never been big on the Atlanta stadium. It always looks really really dark inside on television. 

37 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

If it's Cinci I hope it's not Nashville 

If it's KC I hope it is 

If we play Cinci neutral I hope it's Pittsburgh 

If I'm Pittsburg I say "no but we look playing buffalo or Cincinnati  as we plan" 

Edited by boyst

On 1/8/2023 at 10:24 AM, uticaclub said:

If it's KC/Cinny the game should be played in Buffalo. If it's KC/Buffalo, it should be played in Cincinnati. 

Other have said this, and I have to say it, I don't get this thinking. Why would we (or any of the teams) want to host this if you just got eliminated by one of them? The only reason I can see is to add to our misery. It would be an NFL version of water boarding to the fans of the host city. No, I just don't see logic of it.

On 1/8/2023 at 9:42 AM, TFBillsfan said:

I think Atlanta, more nuetral--in theory anyways. Easy for all fans to get to. Indoor venue. And is used to hosting big events 

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Other have said this, and I have to say it, I don't get this thinking. Why would we (or any of the teams) want to host this if you just got eliminated by one of them? The only reason I can see is to add to our misery. It would be an NFL version of water boarding to the fans of the host city. No, I just don't see logic of it.

I think Atlanta, more nuetral--in theory anyways. Easy for all fans to get to. Indoor venue. And is used to hosting big evens.

My thinking is revenue based. The amount of money spent in a community for a conference championship is massive, that money belongs in Erie County

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

If it's KC/Cinny the game should be played in Buffalo. If it's KC/Buffalo, it should be played in Cincinnati. 

There's no neutral site Cinci / KC game, Since Cinci couldn't have won the #1 seed. Only way was if KC lost to the Raiders. 

Now the only possible neutral site now is if it's Buf v KC. Buf has to beat NE for that to be possible. 

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Playoff games are meant to be played outside in the the elements.  I’d be ok with Nashville.

I get the thinking, but the following game will be in a dome. I’d love to see the offerings get tuned up without the elements in the way. It’s all wishful thinking until it isn’t though…

On 1/6/2023 at 1:04 AM, Limeaid said:

So ticket representative will be contacting you about PSLs soon?

They sent around a survey of what I’d pay for PSLs in different parts of a stadium about two months ago. And let’s not forget a kid died. God granted a miracle, and I could care less where the AFCCG is held. OP would have been ideal, but this ALL goes with being a Bills’ fan.

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Nashville and Rose Bowl are both being kicked around in rumors

For Bills fan Rose Bowl would be a poor choice. 
Not easy to get to,especially with only 1 wk notice. 
I think Atlanta would be a good choice. Downtown stadium, flight hub for united and delta. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

It would be the opposite of "wild".

Also........a full house of fans who all have to travel 3 hours or more to the game and then sit in potentially 0 degree windchill weather is not the recipe for a great experience.

And I can guarantee that the players--to a man--do not want to play an outdoor game in the Northeast or upper Midwest in January when a warm-weather or dome option exists.   

• Agree 1

On 1/7/2023 at 7:11 PM, beebe said:

Best locations in order: 

1. chicago - roughly 8 hr drive from both KC and Buffalo. outdoor stadium. about as close as you can get to conditions you would expect in either buffalo or KC in late january. hotel situation is sufficient. 

2. nashville - roughly 8 hr drive from KC and 10-hr drive from Buffalo. both teams fan bases travel here semi often and fill the stadium. Weather unpredictable but more likely to be nice than crappy. 

3. miami - same flight time for both teams, both fans can get there with nonstop flight or easy connector. good stadium, adequate hotel situation, fun travel spot for visiting fans 

others worthy of consideration: 

4. las vegas. it's a shorter flight for KC, but both fan bases would have a blast traveling to this game and would make for one heck of a spectacle. 

5 (t). atlanta/minnesota - similar situation to miami. 

Chicago is an awful alternative...no one in their right mind wants to see an AFC Championship game played in crappy weather conditions if it can be avoided, and in this case, it can easily be avoided.    

I will keep pounding the table for a college stadium that seats 100k plus people. Preferably in the mid west-ish so both fan bases can pour in. UM, OSU, Penn State. I could compromise on Knoxville. 50k tickets to each club!

I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL threw it to a newer stadium like Atlanta or Vegas just to help the argument for public funding. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

And I can guarantee that the players--to a man--do not want to play an outdoor game in the Northeast or upper Midwest in January when a warm-weather or dome option exists.   

A lot of Bills fans...........most of whom are watching the game from a couch.........love to see the Bills playing in sh!tty cold, wet or snowy weather.........they act like bad weather is going out of style or something.     Once the regular season goes to 18 games the paying customers will have a bunch of those games to attend and endure every year......even if the Bills go 0-18......because January is the coldest month of the year in Buffalo and Nov-Jan is the most likely time for horrific snow storms.    The regular season used to end in mid-December for a reason.  One AFCCG at a neutral site with nice weather would be OK.    

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Chicago is an awful alternative...no one in their right mind wants to see an AFC Championship game played in crappy weather conditions if it can be avoided, and in this case, it can easily be avoided.    

As that ref said in the Bills/Bears game..........all of the worst weather games he's had to work were in Chicago.    It's windy as hell by that lake.   That's why they are building a dome in the suburbs next.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.