ESPN power rankings

Italian Bills

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Usually i avoid to look at the ESPN power rankings, maybe 3/4 times a season , but this time i just wanted to get a look there, thinking that nothing could have been changed since some weeks ago… and what i got ? 

KC 1ST

PHILLY 2ND

BILLS 3RD

May some of you explain me why those f….. Chiefs have to be so much loved by this clowns ? What’s the reason that they are the n. 1 ? 

I really don’t get it.. maybe i’m stupid or blind. 

If Bills go into Cincy(Which everyone is picking Cincy), and win….. I see Buffalo being #1 next week.

My 2¢

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Dallas' have proven to be frauds the last 3 weeks.

It's a crapshoot, but regardless the Bills are the best team in the NFL. 

We can argue about who's the best team in the NFL all we want, but the only thing that matters from here on it is which team goes undefeated in the post-season.  Winning it all makes all the other arguments a moot point.

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Usually i avoid to look at the ESPN power rankings, maybe 3/4 times a season , but this time i just wanted to get a look there, thinking that nothing could have been changed since some weeks ago… and what i got ? 

KC 1ST

PHILLY 2ND

BILLS 3RD

May some of you explain me why those f….. Chiefs have to be so much loved by this clowns ? What’s the reason that they are the n. 1 ? 

I really don’t get it.. maybe i’m stupid or blind. 

They are rated by whose QB does the best commercial on ESPN.

Couldn’t care less about the power rankings. A high ranking means absolutely nothing if we don’t go out there and beat good football teams.  For anyone that cares about us being number one, we need a statement win against Cincy on Monday… and if that doesn’t get us to one, keep winning!  Plain and simple. 

The Bill's defense was designed to work as a compliment to their offense. The theory was that the Bill's offense was/is high powered enough to get a decent lead on their opponents and those opponents would have to open up and pass to get back in the game. The strength of the Bill's defense was their secondary that would in turn give the front seven time to pressure the QB. We were weakened with the loss of Tre White last year and really depleted with the loss of Hyde for the season and Poyer off and on along with others this year.  Edmunds and Milano missed games. Von Miller is out. At the beginning of the year and right about now our defense is at their healthiest. If our offense can get decent leads we should be able to have our defense perform like it was intended to do. 

34 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If Bills go into Cincy(Which everyone is picking Cincy), and win….. I see Buffalo being #1 next week.

My 2¢

Except Las Vegas.

7 hours ago, Simon said:

I do not think that word means what you think it means. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

You never know, not that there’s anything wrong with that. But it is a power move. 

image.png.d6b16a06ec7e6c88bbd6dc85cac04386.png

"Hold my beer."

I still don't get why people get worked up about this? At this point, you have to just accept Mahomes is the best QB in the league. That will give them the edge in predictions/power rankings any time it's close.

Mahomes: 4,720 passing yards / 37 passing TD's / 11 INT's / 66.9 comp. % / 105.1 passer rating

Allen: 4,029 passing yards / 32 passing TD's / 13 INT's / 63.4 comp. % / 96.1 passer rating

Mahomes: 321 rushing yards / 4 TD's / 0 fumbles lost

Allen: 746 rushing yards / 7 TD's / 2 fumbles lost

So Mahomes is better in every single passing category, Allen is better in rushing. Even adding Allen's rushing stats, Mahomes has more total TD's & less turnovers. Hell, if you combine Allen's rushing & passing yards, he only barely edges out just Mahomes' passing total by 55 yards. 

And all of that is ok! We're not trying to win best overall QB, we're trying to win a SB! We also know when Allen plays at his best, he's as good as anyone in the league including Mahomes. He doesn't play that way as consistently as Mahomes, but he's capable of doing it when it counts. Burrow isn't better than Mahomes, yet the Bengals are 3-0 against them. Brady being the GOAT didn't lead to a SB win every year, nor did peak Peyton Manning guarantee him SB wins. 

8 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Instead i think that all the so called “experts “ will always take them over the Bills. 

You know what ? Obviously i want be the n.1 seed, play them in Buffalo and brutally blow them !

Well, blow em out anyway ! Yes the “experts” will always bow to Pat the rat. The Bills will show them in the end. It’ll just make it that much better when Allen hoists the Lombardi. 

5 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

My 2¢

Agree. If not, they’ll be around 7th. 

8 hours ago, Simon said:

My comment was a joke about how over here, Italian-Americans have a reputation for being a very fiery, excitable and expressive people.

I can identify with 100% of this post. :lol:

I wasn’t mad at all Simon, just wanted to let you know what type of sportsman i am. I think sport filled the 50% of my life … 😄🤦🏽‍♂️

6 hours ago, Adam727 said:

Josh Allen's elbow is injured and Micah Hyde and Von Miller are out for the year.  3rd seems fair under those circumstances.  

He was injured November 6th.

It’s now December 28th.

He’s played 7-games since that game. 

So the elbow is probably not 100%.

But is he really out there at 30% elbow strength, when he says he doesn’t feel it on game day?

That stuff about his arm feeling tight was back at Thanksgiving time. 

It's a safe lazy ranking. They will probably remain somewhat near the top into the playoffs so it's safe and dumb. I'm much more annoyed by the Eagles rankings and Hurts assumptions throughout the season.

Allen and Mahomes should always be 1A and 1B. Hurts hasn't earned the discussion yet. I think it's the Eagles that you're going to see freefall in the coming weeks. The d-line and WR group are fantastic but there are so many unprovens on that team. Minshew isn't Hurts and even a healthy Hurts from a few weeks ago is no longer sustainable. Miles Sanders was shy of the end zone before this year. I bet they lose their first playoff game.

I think it's more weird that these people ranking think it's cute to just give the nod to Gardner Minshew and Brock Purdy over so many other teams. Would anybody bet on either of them in the playoffs? I don't even like Dak and I absolutely hate Kirk Cousins and think he's the definition of QB purgatory, but they would at least game manage Brock Purdy or Minshew into oblivion. The talking head herd loves weirdo NFC third option quarterbacks I swear. Remember Nick Mullens? Foles is the king of that group and he's been absolutely terrible ever since, as he proved again this week. Brock Purdy ain't winning the Super Bowl, sorry dorks. I don't think either Philly or San Fran will make the NFC Championship game.

Edited by Nelius
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Chargers above the Bengals? The same Chargers who lost to the Raiders and only beat the Cardinals by one point within the last month?

My error. The Bengals should be above the Chargers.

The Athletic (subscribe today, become an Athletic Supporter!) had some ludicrous explanation that KC should be #1 in power rankings because they'd be the #1 seed if the Bills don't win out.

Sounds like they've already got Monday Night chalked up for the Bengals.

Edited by Ralonzo

I mentioned this yesterday. The 2022 NFL has a distinct separation of powers. More so than in any year I can recall. There are three or four teams at the top of each conference and then a WIDE talent gap down to those still ‘in the hunt’. You can mix and match those top teams all day long but in the end that’s what the playoffs are for. I’ll be shocked if there’s a sleeper team that comes out of the wildcard this year. 

Ok, i think I ignited a good fire here. 

I never gave too much credit at power rankings, i just hate the fact that almost everybody put KC above every other teams no matter what. 

Now: we kicked their f….. asses few times lately, always in their f…. house, with Allen performing like a true master of football… 

With the same record, even all the injuries we had during the year, even with us beating their asses, why they are supposed to be ahead. 

Oh wait: now i know why almost every time those expert analysts are called clowns. 

17 hours ago, Mango said:

I don’t get the hate here? Why be so upset at being ranked 3rd in the power rankings?

Mahomes has been more consistent thjs season and has a better resume/track record than Allen when it comes to AFCCG’s and SB’s. 

Philly has more wins and less losses. 

I won’t die on a hill to make Buffalo no. 1 and I wouldn’t die on a hill to remove them from no. 1

Mahomes hasn’t played 8 games in terrible weather…he’d be a lot less consistent if that was the case 😁. I think op has a point about the chiefs honestly…they are just barely sneaking by bad teams that frequently are down to their backup qb.  No problem with the eagles being above the bills though. 

KC winning a superbowl years ago is definitely counterbalanced by mahomes melting down in the afc championship last year / being 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last few years with the only win being heavily influenced by a coin 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mahomes hasn’t played 8 games in terrible weather…he’d be a lot less consistent if that was the case 😁. I think op has a point about the chiefs honestly…they are just barely sneaking by bad teams that frequently are down to their backup qb.  No problem with the eagles being above the bills though. 

KC winning a superbowl years ago is definitely counterbalanced by mahomes melting down in the afc championship last year / being 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last few years with the only win being heavily influenced by a coin 

Neither has Josh Allen.... Unless you call any weather terrible weather. I would consider terrible weather to be the first Miami game or the Chicago game. But definitely not the second Miami game or anything with light rain. 

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Neither has Josh Allen.... Unless you call any weather terrible weather. I would consider terrible weather to be the first Miami game or the Chicago game. But definitely not the second Miami game or anything with light rain. 

Maybe the word terrible is an exaggeration but the point is the same.  Light rain is a lot harder to play in than no rain or wind which has been every chiefs game this year as far as I’ve seen lol 

when we beat the chiefs last year there was light rain and we heard all night from the announcers about how hard it is to play in those conditions 😂 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe the word terrible is an exaggeration but the point is the same.  Light rain is a lot harder to play in than no rain or wind which has been every chiefs game this year as far as I’ve seen lol 

when we beat the chiefs last year there was light rain and we heard all night from the announcers about how hard it is to play in those conditions 😂 

I am generally not in favor of trying to adjust a seasons worth of QB stats because of weather.  I think that is silly. Just about every QB has a couple bad weather games that they have to deal with. 

Mostly my issues with Allen as of late have not been weather related. It is stuff like leaving us in 3rd and long because he took low percentage shots when the all-22 shows much better options. The amount of times I have seen Allen look at an open check down only to try for a much lower percentage throw deep on 2nd and 10 has really been bothering me as the season progresses. 

Now that I got that off my back....

To your point about Mahomes and the weather, the amount of good weather games he has played this year is remarkable. Like Holy Schitts Creek. I assumed he would have gotten at least a couple. KC is a town that gets some weather.

http://www.nflweather.com/team/Chiefs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.