NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Horrible Special Teams game.

Deferring to the 2nd half to open game

2 good KR by Bears

1 good PR by Bears 

63-yard punt by the Bears to the 2 yard line that Hines refused to catch at the 20 burning us for the 3rd time in 5 games killing the next drive

Missed XP by Bass

Missed chip FG by Bass 

Awful awful awful!

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Not a good half, but people act as if we are getting blown out. They’re down 4 points and get the ball starting the 2nd half. I am as upset as everyone else, but come on. Have a little faith. 

Playing like crap in all phases and coaching scared. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Yes!!!  Always a great thing to take two timeouts into the locker room at half time.  WTF was that?

Pissed. No idea the logic. Bears were gonna just be content punting.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So you decide to make a negative post bashing the negative people?

What positive items would you like us to talk about?

- Special teams has been bad

- QB has been bad

- Receivers have been bad

The "negative" people never seem to understand that they are dumping lots of toxic negativity all over this board when they complain about their fellow fans.

At least the original guys were commenting on the actual football game, which is what we are all here to do.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Not a good half, but people act as if we are getting blown out. They’re down 4 points and get the ball starting the 2nd half. I am as upset as everyone else, but come on. Have a little faith. 

I feel sort of like you for sure. Just so bummed out that they can't finish drives. 

• Agree 1

Kind of scratching my head as to why we didn’t use our last 2 timeouts? A long snap is FAR from a sure thing today. This coaching staff sometimes leaves me shaking my head. Not to mention getting away from the run when we are gashing Chicago.

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

I like the classic Frazier time-honored strategy of running out the base defense on the first drive and allowing a touchdown to figure out what adjustments they need to make.

And by like I mean, I'm sick to my pants of it.

None of us want to admit it, because it’s a scary thought, but this is on Allen.

Throwing an awful INT, missing open guys, throwing balls into the dirt, not throwing to Diggs when he has 1 on 1’s, etc.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He’s been bad today. No way around that.

Agreed. Hopefully we can further agree that calling him a mediocre QB that “doesn’t pass the eye test” is a bit of an overreaction, and that’s ignoring the weather.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kaenon said:

Horrible Special Teams game.

Deferring to the 2nd half to open game

2 good KR by Bears

1 good PR by Bears 

63-yard punt by the Bears to the 2 yard line that Hines refused to catch at the 20 burning us for the 3rd time in 5 games killing the next drive

Missed XP by Bass

Missed chip FG by Bass 

Awful awful awful!

Good thing we pay all these guys for special teams!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I’d like to see dump offs to Cook every other okay until the Bears are forced to adjust.

Josh holds the ball too damn long.  We don't want to hear it, but Kurt Warner is right.  Way too often Josh just drops back and stands there flat-footed, not even on platform to throw the ball.  His fundamentals have regressed over the course of the season.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Josh holds the ball too damn long.  We don't want to hear it, but Kurt Warner is right.  Way too often Josh just drops back and stands there flat-footed, not even on platform to throw the ball.  His fundamentals have regressed over the course of the season.

daboll transformed his passing game. he seems to be slipping back a little bit in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Overall the team underwhelmed but for the second week in the row our special teams as really let us down.

Gave up great field possession on every Bears drive, Bass (who is usually so good) has missed 4 points, and Hines and punt coverage letting another punt get downed on us within the 5….feels like that has happened a lot this year. We gotta get special teams specialized so we are not always at a disadvantage, that’s how inferior teams like the Bears and Dolphins stick around in these games.

I think if the Bills had come in with a conservative game plan on Offense they would be up 2 TDs right now...

I get the Bills have a great passing Offense and a great QB...But it seemed like they were trying to make a point that they can run their normal Offense in any weather in that 1st half. Meanwhile Cook goes for 3 carries and 1 reception for 55 yards...Almost 14 yards a touch...But lets drop back and pass more...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Back to Jordan Palmer this off-season!

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Would like to see more runs in the red zone till Chicago can prove they can stop them.

Sure but Allen had Cook and Knox both open for good gains on 1st down and missed them. 2nd down Davis couldn't get his 2nd foot down. 3rd down Davis got lazy and cost us a free 1st down at the goal line. It's not like the passing concepts aren't working. I'm usually in these threads saying to run the ball more but the Bears pass defense is awful.

• Like (+1) 1