FYI for those tailgating tomorrow

Einstein

No tents, flags, or fires are allowed.

I imagine this would make tailgating in 11 degree weather even worse, so figured you should be aware.

And if you get too cold, the Bears will have a warning center available at Gate 31 Plaza. Important! Could save a toe!

2 minutes ago, special-teams said:

Trying to watch the game in Buffalo/Western NY is going to be tough.  Spectrum Cable has been down all day and now they say Saturday broadcasts are doubtful.  How to watch the damn game?

Get an antenna from Walmart?  Are you within broadcast range for channel 4?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, special-teams said:

Trying to watch the game in Buffalo/Western NY is going to be tough.  Spectrum Cable has been down all day and now they say Saturday broadcasts are doubtful.  How to watch the damn game?

Over the air?

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Get an antenna from Walmart?  Are you within broadcast range for channel 4?

If he is in Erie County there is a driving ban and a blizzard in the middle of dropping 4-5 feet of snow.

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, special-teams said:

• Like (+1) 1

Pro tip from the frigid Carolinas

UA heat gear thin 

UA base layer 4.0

Smart wool

Double lined thermals

Over sized single ply thermals

Water proof pants/Carhartt bib freshly waxed & oiled

On top, no hoody and top layer under coat a turtle neck. Wear a hooded coat with smart wool hat baklava and a knit hat over it.

Socks people ***** up and put too many on  which cuts off blood flow. Wood socks, cotton blend for 2nd layer in oversized muck boots.

Gloves with mittens over them. 

You won't get cold and that set up costs about $400-500

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, boyst said:

UA heat gear thin 

UA base layer 4.0

Smart wool

Double lined thermals

On top, no hoody and top layer under coat a turtle neck. Wear a hooded coat with smart wool hat baklava and a knit hat over it.

Socks people ***** up and put too many on  which cuts off blood flow. Wood socks, cotton blend for 2nd layer in oversized muck boots.

I made that sock mistake in the bills pats playoff game last year lol never again.  All the other layering stuff ain’t bad but footwear gets tricky because that concrete gets soooo cold 

7 hours ago, special-teams said:

seems these days w/o internet you're SOL.

you may find it on radio?

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Over the air?

If he is in Erie County there is a driving ban and a blizzard in the middle of dropping 4-5 feet of snow.

During the blizzard of 77, we dragged a sled 1/2 mile to the store to get a case of Genny Cream Ale pounders every day. This generation is soft. 

Now get off my lawn and stop throwing snowballs at my house. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, special-teams said:

Use the spectrum app on your phone, fire-stick, smartv or appletv 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, boyst said:

UA heat gear thin 

UA base layer 4.0

Smart wool

Double lined thermals

Yum

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

During the blizzard of 77, we dragged a sled 1/2 mile to the store to get a case of Genny Cream Ale pounders every day. This generation is soft. 

Genny Screamers.

Dad always had a keg of Genny Cream Ale  in the basement fridge.  Can't get it here in Texas, that I know of.

Edited by Amarillo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, special-teams said:

Does Spectrum have streaming with cable service?

Like others said, maybe try a free trial of a streaming service? Hopefully not much lag on cell.

I have DTV and currently working, stunned my dish isn’t snow covered. If not, OTA antenna is working.

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

I imagine this would make tailgating in 11 degree weather even worse, so figured you should be aware.

And if you get too cold, the Bears will have a warning center available at Gate 31 Plaza. Important! Could save a toe!

If this game was at home, I surely would be staying home in these temps. Obviously, with the snow and wind today wouldn’t be going anyways.

And no propane heaters? That sux.

Old school pro tip for those whose cable is out and can't get out to buy an over the air antenna: make your own antenna.  Take a piece of wire and insert one end into the tiny hole in the center of the area where your cable line (coaxial) screws into your TV.  This is typically on the back or side of the TV.  You will have to unscrew your cable line.  You can then move the other end of the wire around the room until you find the best reception.  This hack has worked reliably for years!

In the old days, a wire coat hanger would work, but that stopped being an option when antenna connections went from 2 small screws to a coaxial connection.  Some of the older folks on the board will know what I am talking about.

These tricks date back to my days as a kid when I used money I earned from my Courier-Express paper route to buy a 12" black and white TV to watch Bills and Sabres games.  Quite a difference from the 4K 75" OLED I will watch the game on today!  And it will be sunny and close to 70 where I am today, so no problems with reception. Best wishes to all of you in my two former long-term homes: Buffalo and Chicago.  Stay warm, stay safe, and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If you'd prepared like a bear you'd have eaten a ton of food to go into some sort of food coma to wait out the winter.

Solid point.  I think a healthy diet of berries and salmon would be appropriate for this tailgate for those seeking to prepare similar to a bear. 

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Does Spectrum have streaming with cable service?

Like others said, maybe try a free trial of a streaming service? Hopefully not much lag on cell.

I have DTV and currently working, stunned my dish isn’t snow covered. If not, OTA antenna is working.

If this game was at home, I surely would be staying home in these temps. Obviously, with the snow and wind today wouldn’t be going anyways.

And no propane heaters? That sux.

Get a free trial of YouTube TV and you should be good. 

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

Genny Screamers.

Dad always had a keg of Genny Cream Ale  in the basement fridge.  Can't get it here in Texas, that I know of.

Mother Earth Brewing in SoCal & Idaho sells around the country now. Look for their Cali Creamin'. It is really close to the old screamers, less the smell of the Cheerios plant 🙂🍻

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Solid point.  I think a healthy diet of berries and salmon would be appropriate for this tailgate for those seeking to prepare similar to a bear. 

Get a free trial of YouTube TV and you should be good. 

Be careful if YouTube, unless you have several email addresses. I hope there will be a new customer deal for ST when signing up.

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

well, that’s a relief

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I made that sock mistake in the bills pats playoff game last year lol never again.  All the other layering stuff ain’t bad but footwear gets tricky because that concrete gets soooo cold 

Muck boots and cardboard 

I do find it kind of amazing how so many people today don't seem to know what an antenna even is!  And that they actually work.

My main TV reception is an antenna mounted inside my screened in porch distributed 4 TV's and TIVO which is also distributed to minis in the same 4 rooms via ethernet.  Then have You Tube TV for special cable channels, ESPN, NFL, etc. to all TV's  Will be ready for next year for ST

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Love those Genny Cream Ale pounders. 
nowhere to get them in the DMV. 

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

Genny Screamers.

My Dad used to drink Genny Cream Ale as well. Then he got a job.

Edited by Steve O
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, special-teams said:

Is target open to by an antenna? I bought one a few years back

18 minutes ago, Steve O said:

My Dad used to drink Genny Cream Ale as well. Then he got a job.

Back in the day, me and some buddies drank a case of genny pounders one night and woke up the next morning with bruises, black eyes and holes in the drywall. To this day, we have no idea what the eff happened. My pants were still on and the belt buckled, so I think I’m fine. 

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Back in the day, me and some buddies drank a case of genny pounders one night and woke up the next morning with bruises, black eyes and holes in the drywall. To this day, we have no idea what the eff happened. My pants were still on and the belt buckled, so I think I’m fine. 

Best Post of 2022 right there. 

33 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Love those Genny Cream Ale pounders. 
nowhere to get them in the DMV. 

The best part was those old heavy cardboard (?) cases with the bifold tops.  You could also use them as a step stool. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, special-teams said:

Msg me anyone that needs a free stream. Idk if I'm allowed to share on here

10 hours ago, boyst said:

UA heat gear thin 

UA base layer 4.0

Smart wool

Double lined thermals

And most importantly…

5E1126FD-B929-4F91-9D26-89B3886C7164.jpeg

12 hours ago, special-teams said:

Paramount + 

It's only like $5 a month and you can watch any CBS game with the simple GPS location changing hack on your web browser. I've watched the majority of Bills games this way for the last two seasons.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.