Game announcers

Andysplaylist

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yep Dirty had that in the holster all night. I really liked the part where he told us the Bills suck because good teams score wen they get the ball after the half after orchestrating an incredible two minute halftime drive. Clown

Don't forget that it is QBing 101 to throw the ball away and get a FG rather than extend the play and risk the FG to get a TD. That's why Sanchez was so good. He knew QBing 101.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Don't forget that it is QBing 101 to throw the ball away and get a FG rather than extend the play and risk the FG to get a TD. That's why Sanchez was so good. He knew QBing 101.

Butt fumble had about as much NFL success as his 10 previous USC qbs. Whether it's Romo acting out contrived drama or Collinsworth fawning over State Farm, NFL broadcasting will never be the same when guys like AL Michael's & Jim Nantz retire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sanchez and the PBP man in the booth were just bad.  The Bills clearly got the NFLN B-team.  I did feel that Sanchez was trying to emulate Tony Romo and he sounded like a second rate version.  

The PBP guy he was paired with said Miami took the lead for the first time in the 3rd, and then had to say he was wrong haha

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Butt fumble had about as much NFL success as his 10 previous USC qbs. Whether it's Romo acting out contrived drama or Collinsworth fawning over State Farm, NFL broadcasting will never be the same when guys like AL Michael's & Jim Nantz retire.

This is true. But Nantz has sucked for quite some time in my opinion. 

Michaels, on TNF seems disinterested and agitated. He needs marquee matchups to keep him on his game. 

But yes, broadcasting and studio shows absolutely blow. 

Just now, inaugural balls said:

This is true. But Nantz has sucked for quite some time in my opinion. 

Michaels, on TNF seems disinterested and agitated. He needs marquee matchups to keep him on his game. 

But yes, broadcasting and studio shows absolutely blow. 

I agree about Michaels, and don’t blame him, but once you reach the point of disinterest and agitation, it’s time to retire. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

To be fair there, in his post-win presser McDermott commented on "throwing a TD with zero left on the clock - he's lucky he threw a TD or he and I would have had a conversation.  I might have let the air out of his tires", so our HC seemed to agree that the clock management was sub-optimal there.

He did keep cracking a smile after every stern and negative thing he said though :).  As Josh would say "the best conviction is completion"

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Sanchez and the PBP man in the booth were just bad.  The Bills clearly got the NFLN B-team.  I did feel that Sanchez was trying to emulate Tony Romo and he sounded like a second rate version.  

The PBP guy he was paired with said Miami took the lead for the first time in the 3rd, and then had to say he was wrong haha

I can't say I thought they were good, but it was the pre-game and post-game hosts (aka "goldilocks and the 3 bears") that made me fly for the mute buttton.  Good Lord Almighty, make it stop"  Goldilocks needed a whip and a chair to keep Smith and MJD in line and Michael Robinson was trying to channel Kyle Brandt for Full Bore Bills Homer and failing.

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

How about the “dumping someone in Lake Erie” comment. That was hilarious 

I missed that, when was that?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s the #1 way teens communicate. I don’t get it, but that’s facts 

Holy Carp! I didn't expect that to be true. As of 2019 Snapchat was still the most used social media platform. Statistics 👇. I think that TikTok has emerged as number one now...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/250172/social-network-usage-of-us-teens-and-young-adults/

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

What are we even talking about? I’m not understanding how the OP’s title goes along with the post. I think this a topic about Sanchez being a bad announcer? 

Im guessing that Sanchez made a "sliding into DM's" reference at some point of the game. I didn't hear it. 

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Holy Carp! I didn't expect that to be true. As of 2019 Snapchat was still the most used social media platform. Statistics 👇. I think that TikTok has emerged as number one now...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/250172/social-network-usage-of-us-teens-and-young-adults/

Tik tok is probably the most used SM app in general but for  teens to communicate with each other they mainly snap. Pictures (mostly what they communicate with), text, face time and calls all via Snapchat. It’s a really sneaky app too, imo 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tik tok is probably the most used SM app in general but for  teens to communicate with each other they mainly snap. Pictures (mostly what they communicate with), text, face time and calls all via Snapchat. It’s a really sneaky app too, imo 

Well color me excited for when my kids start using it...:sick:

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

to be fair, if incomplete itd have been an epic meltdown here. It was one of the spots he was right in pointing it out.

that said, I was amused that he acted like he and Josh are playing the same sport even. They are under different laws of physics 

I couldn't get the game so I listened to Murph and Eric, and as always, they were outstanding. I wish ( on regular local TV broadcasts), that they were the guys.

I also was unable to see with my own eyes, our defense revert back to Frazier mode so I didn't get as pissed as usual. Must have been fate not to be able to watch it.

Anywho a dub is a dub.

18 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Well color me excited for when my kids start using it...:sick:

And every bit of their info will belong to the CCP.

• Simon changed the title to Game announcers

I found Sanchez's comments quite revealing. You can just see his very conservative approach, how common that is and that is drilled into NFL QBs, and how I'm glad Josh doesn't do that. You could also tell he was in awe of some of Josh's throws, and he was right. That "flick of the wrist" throw on the run to Knox was something else.

He did catch how Edmunds warned about Waddle down the middle and somehow the safeties didn't get the memo.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

To be fair there, in his post-win presser McDermott commented on "throwing a TD with zero left on the clock - he's lucky he threw a TD or he and I would have had a conversation.  I might have let the air out of his tires", so our HC seemed to agree that the clock management was sub-optimal there.

He did keep cracking a smile after every stern and negative thing he said though :).  As Josh would say "the best conviction is completion"

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

to be fair, if incomplete itd have been an epic meltdown here. It was one of the spots he was right in pointing it out.

that said, I was amused that he acted like he and Josh are playing the same sport even. They are under different laws of physics 

Yeah, I get it was a risk and even Josh said he knew he took too long.

But it was the way Sanchez kept hammering it as QBing 101 when he should have just said Josh took a risk and it paid off.

Edited by What a Tuel

7 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

You can control that.  

To a degree. I think we have done a fairly good job so far limiting SM. However there will be a point where they will make their own decisions and mistakes. How else will they learn?

PS I think most of this is by giving children cellular abilities and phones  too young. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, nkreed said:

PS I think most of this is by giving children cellular abilities and phones  too young. 

Yep. And it's not that hard to prevent that. It's not like they can buy smartphones and computers before they start working!

Don't allow computers in their rooms, don't buy them phones and voila.

• Simon locked and unlocked this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.