It’s gonna be cold in the Windy City next week….

bills6969

2 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

the bills should not overlook the bears.  it has the classic look of a trap game and a letdown game.  

the bears are no. 1 in rushing mainly because justin fields is a very good third down open field runner.  they could keep the ball away from our offense.  

Frazier has his flaws but he's proven that he has Lamar completely figured out. Fields is Lamar with an even worse offense around him. 

Again Bears are a dream matchup.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

the bills should not overlook the bears.  it has the classic look of a trap game and a letdown game.  

the bears are no. 1 in rushing mainly because justin fields is a very good third down open field runner.  they could keep the ball away from our offense.  

They won't.  They know that if they win the game, they lock-up the AFCE.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

Bears are the dream matchup for us. They have zero pass rush. Cold doesn't bother Josh. He should shred them. 

Cold does not bother Josh... but... it does bother some of his receivers.

We should roll the Bears... should... 

Honestly, i would love to go up big then give Captain James Cook a healthy dose of touches. Need to get him primed for playoffs and Dingleberry out of the lineup. Need juice back there. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Chicago Is one of the biggest cities in the world

Buffalo cannot and will never compete with Chicago.. And a Super Bowl would never be played in Buffalo

dome or not

I agree that Buffalo probably could

never get a SB. But they could get more national sporting events and could generate more revenue from an indoor stadium than an outdoor one.

Again, no one is building open-air stadiums anymore. You can build something with a roof for about the same cost of what the bills plan on paying. And if they love the idea of cold games, just have a retractable roof.

I know this is beating a dead horse, but the new proposed stadium seems like such a bad investment. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Cold does not bother Josh... but... it does bother some of his receivers.

We should roll the Bears... should... 

Honestly, i would love to go up big then give Captain James Cook a healthy dose of touches. Need to get him primed for playoffs and Dingleberry out of the lineup. Need juice back there. 

Singletary was key on that last drive when Dorsey finally called some run plays.  I don’t see Cook carrying linemen 5 yards for tough runs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But... They will build a dome! Bears will eventually move out of Soldier and go to Arlington Heights, Illinois.... They will build a sports complex/District like SoFi in S.Cali... Get a SuperBowl in Chicago  

It's coming...Just down the road. 

Never thought I would see the day but the Bears are giving double middle fingers to the city of Chicago and quite honestly they deserve it.  Most die hard Bears fans have long since left the city anyway.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree that Buffalo probably could

never get a SB. But they could get more national sporting events and could generate more revenue from an indoor stadium than an outdoor one.

Again, no one is building open-air stadiums anymore. You can build something with a roof for about the same cost of what the bills plan on paying. And if they love the idea of cold games, just have a retractable roof.

I know this is beating a dead horse, but the new proposed stadium seems like such a bad investment. 

It’s your opinion… But their are absolutely going to be football only Stadiums built in the next 10 years

The stadium study that the bills did for close to half a decade… Came to the conclusion that there is no economic boom to a region from a new stadium

In fact all of their world class data punchers said it would bring the amount Of money that a new target would bring in western New York

Other cities can build multi sport complexes Because their cities have billions of dollars in them… Fortune 500 companies to buy all of the club seats

Buffalo doesn’t have one fortune 500 company… Terry Pegula does not have money to be made with a new stadium

Hence why Erie county owns the Ralph and will own the new stadium… Because over a 30 year lease they will make a couple bucks

Buffalo is a city of 250,000 people… They said from the get-go they don’t want a convention center… And it’s not because They live in the past… All the data says It wouldn’t add much to the economy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s your opinion… But their are absolutely going to be football only Stadiums built in the next 10 years

The stadium study that the bills did for close to half a decade… Came to the conclusion that there is no economic boom to a region from a new stadium

In fact all of their world class data punchers said it would bring the amount Of money that a new target would bring in western New York

Other cities can build multi sport complexes Because their cities have billions of dollars in them… Fortune 500 companies to buy all of the club seats

Buffalo doesn’t have one fortune 500 company… Terry Pegula does not have money to be made with a new stadium

Hence why Erie county owns the Ralph and will own the new stadium… Because over a 30 year lease they will make a couple bucks

Buffalo is a city of 250,000 people… They said from the get-go they don’t want a convention center… And it’s not because They live in the past… All the data says It wouldn’t add much to the economy

Not doubting you, but I haven’t seen anything that analyzes the value of the stadium with a roof versus no roof. The only thing I saw was value of stadium itself, and then cost estimates of a roof.  This is what I have read— again, maybe I missed it or there is something in another document:

https://esd.ny.gov/esd-media-center/reports/preliminary-buffalo-bills-stadium-analysis

And I do think more generally when you are thinking about corporate sponsors and boxes, you have to look regional for a team like the Bills— ie, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse. 

Finally, I think if cities like Indy, Detroit, and Minnesota are able to crunch the numbers on a roofed stadium to make it work, then Buffalo could too.  Again, if it is more of a decision based on, “we want cold weather to impact games,” then, okay, that’s fine. But I still can’t fathom how the ROI would be better with an open air stadium versus a closed one, even if you tack on another $300M on the cost. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Never thought I would see the day but the Bears are giving double middle fingers to the city of Chicago and quite honestly they deserve it.  Most die hard Bears fans have long since left the city anyway.  

Still has 2.7 million people, the 2020 Census had Chicago gaining +2% in population from 2010 to 2020...

...They must be coming back?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They don't get the wind like we do despite the nickname.  Also, I don't think they've had to move their home game twice in the last eight years to another location because of snow.

It's called the windy city because of blowhard politicians spewing hot air, not the wind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Chicago Is one of the biggest cities in the world

Buffalo cannot and will never compete with Chicago.. And a Super Bowl would never be played in Buffalo

dome or not

final 4 games and other tournaments could be 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

put a dome near niagara falls. would be a tourist attraction for conventions, final 4 fames and a potential SB as you could use Toronto hotel rooms. 

42 minutes ago, Casey D said:

It's called the windy city because of blowhard politicians spewing hot air, not the wind.

Interesting. Not that I doubted you at all but I went and googled why Chicago is called the Windy City. Of course you are quite right. And all these years I had that assumption that it was because it was really windy there all the time as in the weather. I learned something tonight.

Edited by Mojo44
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I had earmarked the Chicago game as my away game to travel to this year. Love the city. Then the schedule came out. Can’t do a Christmas Eve game. Wonder how many Bills fans will be in Chicago for this one considering the timing.

Only the local Bills fans I would imagine. 

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I had earmarked the Chicago game as my away game to travel to this year. Love the city. Then the schedule came out. Can’t do a Christmas Eve game. Wonder how many Bills fans will be in Chicago for this one considering the timing.

used to be very nice, my oldest daughter moved away, conditions have deteriorated in the past few years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.