Per Sal Capaccio the Bills current lease at high mark just extended

BuffaloBills1998

27 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Any renderings of the lease?

Boiler plate stuff…, 😂

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

allegedly there was a protracted debate about whether to laminate the lease to protect it from the elements, but ultimately they opted to save the cost and keep an open air document 

But they put tiny slits in the document to confuse the wind and ensure the document remains stable in the elements.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0547c2c8ae39ef0ebae35c0f4374b798.jpeg

I think this means the deal is officially completed. 

Good news, in this day and age , until you hear  the deal is final, always a cause for concern.. as someone who lived thru threats of the team leaving, the Lancaster Dome fiasco , thanks for the info!

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Good news, in this day and age , until you hear  the deal is final, always a cause for concern.. as someone who lived thru thrreats of the team leaving, the Lancaster Dome fiasco , thanks for the info!

But, they’ll probably have to execute a drawn out environmental study before the first shovel of dirt is thrown. 

For someone living in Atlanta, it’s astounding to me how slowly progress is made in NYS. The layers of bureaucracy is mind-boggling.
When there was talk of building a new stadium for the Falcons, they got the ball rolling and 3 years later they were playing in the Georgia Dome. 

20+ years later, did it again and built Mercedes Benz Stadium. 
The Bills and league have been talking new stadium since Doug Flutie and the stadium rehab of early 2000’s. 
As far as the new stadium goes…I’ll believe it when I see it. 
BTW- how’s that new Peace Bridge project coming along? 

• Like (+1) 2

I faxed my approval to the league office and received a prompt reply of "How did you get this number?". Ha! The staff is always kidding me like that, once they even had a fake restraining order served on me. They went all out, it looked totally real. 

Edited by Mickey

14 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

allegedly there was a protracted debate about whether to laminate the lease to protect it from the elements, but ultimately they opted to save the cost and keep an open air document 

Figures.... Weather be darned.

12 hours ago, SoMAn said:

But, they’ll probably have to execute a drawn out environmental study before the first shovel of dirt is thrown. 

For someone living in Atlanta, it’s astounding to me how slowly progress is made in NYS. The layers of bureaucracy is mind-boggling.
When there was talk of building a new stadium for the Falcons, they got the ball rolling and 3 years later they were playing in the Georgia Dome. 

20+ years later, did it again and built Mercedes Benz Stadium. 
The Bills and league have been talking new stadium since Doug Flutie and the stadium rehab of early 2000’s. 
As far as the new stadium goes…I’ll believe it when I see it. 
BTW- how’s that new Peace Bridge project coming along? 

Believe it when you see it?? I guess you better believe it since they just confirmed the deal is done by signing a lease extension on highmark and the 30 year lease for the new stadium. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Believe it when you see it?? I guess you better believe it since they just confirmed the deal is done by signing a lease extension on highmark and the 30 year lease for the new stadium. 

I was being facetious. I'm fairly sure it's happening. Just skeptical of what other agents or other issues that may delay the 2026 opening. Understand, I've been hearing 'new stadium' for over 20 years. Starting to feel like Linus every year, waiting for the Great Pumpkin who never arrives.

The fact that it will take nearly 4 years the build is what surprised me.  The empire state building was completed in 13 months over 90 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

I was being facetious. I'm fairly sure it's happening. Just skeptical of what other agents or other issues that may delay the 2026 opening. Understand, I've been hearing 'new stadium' for over 20 years. Starting to feel like Linus every year, waiting for the Great Pumpkin who never arrives.

The fact that it will take nearly 4 years the build is what surprised me.  The empire state building was completed in 13 months over 90 years ago.

I think the Bills would’ve been in their new stadium already if Cuomo didn’t put the new stadium on the back burner for so long. I think the Pegulas wanted the stadium earlier and Cuomo kept putting it off. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.