Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Per Ryan it's been confirmed he's in Buffalo

In that article, Ryan just re-hashes the tweets linked in this thread.  He doesn’t cite any new or more definitive information.  Really lazy “journalism” IMO

Edited by Beck Water
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think he was only on the practice squad, and I’m not sure if that makes any difference 

Yes, it makes a significant difference.  All practice squad players are free agents who can sign with anyone.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

"Sources confirmed to NYUP and Syracuse.com that Beasley is currently in Buffalo."

Yeah, that’s as vague as can be after going to the trouble of quoting that guy’s tweet.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Beasley will get open underneath, catch the ball and fall over. This is what he has to offer at this point. I can’t really see how that is an upgrade on Shakir, but I guess the coaches see them practice every day and know better than I do.

At this point just the bolded would be appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

If Beasley is coming back to take the slot role then you might as well cut McKenzie. He’d forever be known as a gadget player and not someone the team can consistently rely on.

Or hold on to him as a gadget player.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

If he signs, it’ll just be yet another half-assed 11th hour attempt to try and provide Allen with someone decent who likely won’t make a noticeable mark. 

Even if he could, and I’m not sure he physically can, is he what Dorsey’s offensive scheme is missing?

Its uninspiring

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, it makes a significant difference.  All practice squad players are free agents who can sign with anyone.

Yeah, that’s as vague as can be after going to the trouble of quoting that guy’s tweet.

I mean them reporting it like that basically puts the weight of their reputation on him being here being true over the weight of some dude on twitter.

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just can’t fathom how we haven’t been able to get anything consistent out of the slot when we have not only McKenzie, but Shakir, Hines, and Knox able to play out of there. 

Beasley and Josh have more time on task than those three combined.

Unless he gained 200 pounds and can play on the right side of an offensive line, I don’t see any desire to bring him back.

Yes I liked his highlights, too. But he has gone downhill and was cut from a practice squad for christs sake. And he has specifically said he didn’t like Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't ever post this kind of thing but I have it on good authority that Beasley and McDermott talked last week. I never mentioned it here because I didn't know if it would mean anything, but in conjunction with the rumors that he flew into Buffalo last night now I think this is actually going to happen. Maybe he apologized for the way he acted on his way out, that's the only way I could see McDermott letting him back in.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

IF and BIG if he can still do it, Beas was always in the right spot to move the chains. Never had YAC yards but you can't argue that he was a great outlet when needed. We are missing that part of the game right now. Not saying he's going to be the answer, but really who is?  Buffalo is desperate. Im

it going to make fun of it. Worst that can happen is it doesn't work. Well it's apparently not working with whatever the bills are doing now either. Buffalo is always in 3rd and long. That means there's been issues getting those first and second down yards. Idk. Worth a try. (If In fact he's here to play and not just "sell a house or get wings". Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Beasley’s play fell off his last couple seasons in Buffalo due to age/injuries. But, if he’s got anything left in the tank, I’d love to see it. He was the most reliable outlet for Josh for a long time. As others have noted, if he’s rested and can provide anything close to what he used to do in terms of finding the soft spot in the zone on third down, he could be worth a shot.

If Josh thinks it could help, make it happen. 

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

In that article, Ryan just re-hashes the tweets linked in this thread.  He doesn’t cite any new or more definitive information.  Really lazy “journalism” IMO

he does say in the article that a source confirmed to NYUP that Bease is in Buffalo

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't ever post this kind of thing but I have it on good authority that Beasley and McDermott talked last week. I never mentioned it here because I didn't know if it would mean anything, but in conjunction with the rumors that he flew into Buffalo last night now I think this is actually going to happen. Maybe he apologized for the way he acted on his way out, that's the only way I could see McDermott letting him back in.

There is way too much smoke for something not to going on...the one person saying he heard Beasley was in Buffalo is from WIVB-TV 

49 minutes ago, 947 said:

Beasley had 4 catches in 2 games for the Bucs. His final reception was on 3rd down & he failed to convert, he got screamed at by Brady all the way back to the sideline, retired the next day.

He had 4 catches on 5 targets for 17 yards. Slot receiver is important, especially on 3rd downs. Also, timing with the QB is really critical and Beasley was on the Practice Squad there and only got bumped up for games. Not sure how much time he got to work with Marcia.

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My biggest concern is that he is washed. He looked pretty rough with TB. 

Beasley was washed LAST season.   His burst was gone.    

But with Lil' Dummy again snuffing out multiple drives with 3rd down drops.........they should be desperate for a guy who has great chemistry with Allen but also the hands to catch not only the routine pass but also the ones thrown off target and under duress like Beasley often did.  

I haven't seen the game replay yet but being their in person...........the reaction of the players when Dummy dropped that second 3rd down pass and they had to settle for the FG...........it was heated.    Rarely see Allen react that frustrated and Davis and Diggs were both flailing their arms because they were open and perhaps frustrated that they gave McKenzie the chance on a big down like that...........but McKenzie was clearly the right read because he was open and it was the shortest and highest % throw.  

Then McKenzie gets to the sideline and appears to be explaining why he dropped the ball.   Like there was some valid excuse for it. :doh:

Unfortunately,  the first thing that goes with WR is often the hand/eye coordination not the speed.    So color me unsurprised that Smoke got open deep yesterday but couldn't catch the ball (and was credited with a drop).    

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Beasley was washed LAST season.   His burst was gone.    

But with Lil' Dummy again snuffing out multiple drives with 3rd down drops.........they should be desperate for a guy who has great chemistry with Allen but also the hands to catch the not only the routine pass but the ones thrown off target and under duress like Beasley often did.  

I haven't seen the game replay yet but being their in person...........the reaction of the players when Dummy dropped that second 3rd down pass and they had to settle for the FG...........it was heated.    Rarely see Allen react that frustrated and Davis and Diggs were both flailing their arms because they were open...........but McKenzie was clearly the right read because he was open and it was the shortest and highest % throw.  

Then McKenzie gets to the sideline and appears to be explaining why he dropped the ball.   Like there was some valid excuse for it. :doh:

Unfortunately,  the first thing that goes with WR is often the hand/eye coordination not the speed.    So color me unsurprised that Smoke got open deep yesterday but couldn't catch the ball (and was credited with a drop).    

Thanks to textbook DPI by Gardner. Didn't look back at the ball and made contact prior to the ball getting there...someone posted how he seemed to be getting away with a lot of DPIs this year and sure enough...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.