Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

6 minutes ago, par73 said:

Too bad a game of this importance is being played under these conditions. I can't imagine sitting in the stadium for 3+ hours to watch this farce.

Don't forget 3+ hours in traffic in blizzard like conditions. 

$1.4 on a stadium in a freakin snowbelt 🤦‍♂️

But hey it's Buffalo. We have to live like cavemen. It's our identity!

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Likely more of a problem for us.

Why? So our offense will be completely neutralized?

I just can't get last years Pats game out of my head. Yea they play in cold weather too, but the Bills were bad. They couldn't stop the run even when they knew it was a running play. I know this is a different year and the past doesn't determine the future BUT I can't get all puffed up like this is going to be an automatic win because the Bills were "built for this". It's going to be a tough game no matter what the weather. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

How much time should I allow myself to Tavel from Rochester to Buffalo? I plan on finding parking at 6 and being in line when the gates open at 6:15

Based on some of the posters, you probably should have left about 5 hours ago.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

They wouldn't be allowed to use them if the home team doesn't use theirs 

I honestly don't think you need heaters for this weather.  It's going to be in the low 30's, maybe high 20's.  For anyone who has spent a large amount of their life in a place like Buffalo, that's nothing.  I remember me and my idiot friends playing basketball outdoors in shorts and t-shirts when the temps hit the 30's in the winter.  The cold doesn't really get into your bones and burn your skin until you're in the very low 20's and teens, imo.  I honestly think the Fins would be in much bigger trouble if it was just a clear, frigidly cold night like last year's playoff game, than the relatively balmy and snowy conditions they'll be faced with.

10 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

How much time should I allow myself to Tavel from Rochester to Buffalo? I plan on finding parking at 6 and being in line when the gates open at 6:15

I’d leave by 2:30 just to be extra safe.  You’ll probably be parked closer to 5 but you never know, especially if it’s snowing moderately hard in the afternoon.

44 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I just can't get last years Pats game out of my head. Yea they play in cold weather too, but the Bills were bad. They couldn't stop the run even when they knew it was a running play. I know this is a different year and the past doesn't determine the future BUT I can't get all puffed up like this is going to be an automatic win because the Bills were "built for this". It's going to be a tough game no matter what the weather. 

They couldn't stop ONE run play. The rest of the time they held NE to an incredibly paltry number of yards, like 10 first downs or less, and I think NE only crossed midfield once? Something like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

A 15-minute tailgate? Who does that?

What Incredulous GIF by REYKON

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Haha (+1) 4

46 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

make sure you top off gas in Pembroke  to be ready for ride back to ROC….think snow traffic jam…it would suck to run out of gas on thruway at 1am!!!

1 hour ago, arcane said:

They couldn't stop ONE run play. The rest of the time they held NE to an incredibly paltry number of yards, like 10 first downs or less, and I think NE only crossed midfield once? Something like that.

So to be careful with how I say things, I'll say. The patriots ran pretty well enough against the Bills and they won the game. Feel free to look up specifics as I don't know them off hand. They won in a bad weather game and the Bills didn't. That makes it seem to me that we can't get cocky and assume dominance. I'd love that though. Go bills

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

So to be careful with how I say things, I'll say. The patriots ran pretty well enough against the Bills and they won the game. Feel free to look up specifics as I don't know them off hand. They won in a bad weather game and the Bills didn't. That makes it seem to me that we can't get cocky and assume dominance. I'd love that though. Go bills

Except the Patriots are used to those elements. Bill makes them practice in garbage weather all the time. Even still, the Wild Card game you could tell they just wanted to go home 

1 hour ago, arcane said:
2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

If I'm not mistaken, that game also had sustained winds of 25-30 mph and gusts up to 60 mph...

It looks like we're looking at winds of 8-16 mph with gusts up to 25 mph for Saturday night. That's a little closer to the Bills/Patriots wild card game... but the potential snow accumulation on the field is the wild card here. 

Edited by MPL
  • Agree 1

The snow plays a factor for both teams. It's 100% equal. Just because the Bills are located in Buffalo means nothing. It's the same for both teams tomorrow. In fact, if anyone between the two teams knows how to play in cold/snow/wind better than anyone else it's T Hill. He is a cat in the snow.

But I do think Sean has them mentally prepared. The phins will be ready... don't discount that. This game is huge and we need the W. Puts us in a sweet spot for the division. 

6 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

The snow plays a factor for both teams. It's 100% equal. Just because the Bills are located in Buffalo means nothing. It's the same for both teams tomorrow. In fact, if anyone between the two teams knows how to play in cold/snow/wind better than anyone else it's T Hill. He is a cat in the snow.

But I do think Sean has them mentally prepared. The phins will be ready... don't discount that. This game is huge and we need the W. Puts us in a sweet spot for the division. 

Ok Tua

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

The Bills are 9-1 at home in December and January games in the last three years and should have won the game they lost — the wind game vs. NE. So this isn’t correct.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

The patriots had one long run for a td.  Two fg drives and 7 punts.  14 points.   Sure they should have been better but let’s not make it sound like it was drudging.  You sound like the ne media on that game.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I wasn't really responding to your whole point, just the contention that the bills "couldnt stop the run even though they were expecting it"

By any objective measure the Bills D posted elite numbers in that game and their offensive strategy and execution are what lost the game 

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

I wasn't really responding to your whole point, just the contention that the bills "couldnt stop the run even though they were expecting it"

By any objective measure the Bills D posted elite numbers in that game and their offensive strategy and execution are what lost the game 

I see what your saying for sure. Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The patriots had one long run for a td.  Two fg drives and 7 punts.  14 points.   Sure they should have been better but let’s not make it sound like it was drudging.  You sound like the ne media on that game.  

Haha for sure not trying to sound like them. Lol. I did look it up because I remember being at that game and it was tough to watch. They ran over 200 yards. Basically this is my defense mechanism being a little

pessimistic. .  

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

My thoughts exactly. If the ability to pass is completely nullified, Hill is the one player who worries me most. In a sloppy ground only game, he’s the only guy on either side with the ability to take it to the house at any moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills are 9-1 at home in December and January games in the last three years and should have won the game they lost — the wind game vs. NE. So this isn’t correct.

Plus Miami is 1-8 in the last 9 games they played in temps <40

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Sick of these extreme weather games.  Just lowers the quality of the play. 

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, I love an extreme weather game. But I also love watching high school football and never had any interest in arena leagues.

Full disclosure: I'm not a season ticket holder and I totally get why that perspective could differ.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, arcane said:

TBH the Bills offensive strategy and execution overall, were not that bad either.  We had more 1st downs (16 to 11), about the same net yards (230 to 241).

The big turning point in the game was a QB-RB exchange which is charged to Josh Allen as a fumble, but in the announcer's analysis (and I saw their point) seemed to be more on Breida.  Two plays later, the Bills gave up a 64 yd run which led to a TD and a 2 pt conversion.

Secondary turning point was a missed 33 yd FG by Tyler Bass; if we had made that FG, then on the next drive we try a 36 yd FG instead of going for it on 4D.

Those 3 plays: 1 SNAFU by the offense, one SNAFU by the defense, one SNAFU by ST.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

10 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

These numbers speak for themselves. Whiny fans who act like this isn't good for the Bills can shove it up their ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• WEATHER DOT COM changed the title to Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅
1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Have to be careful with these stats. Miami is always road games below 40F. I wonder how they stat in games >85 degrees (always at home). There is a strong correlation between their home and away temps.

Fish are 0-5 when Labatts Blue is served at a stadium (bahahahah)

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

TBH the Bills offensive strategy and execution overall, were not that bad either.  We had more 1st downs (16 to 11), about the same net yards (230 to 241).

The big turning point in the game was a QB-RB exchange which is charged to Josh Allen as a fumble, but in the announcer's analysis (and I saw their point) seemed to be more on Breida.  Two plays later, the Bills gave up a 64 yd run which led to a TD and a 2 pt conversion.

Secondary turning point was a missed 33 yd FG by Tyler Bass; if we had made that FG, then on the next drive we try a 36 yd FG instead of going for it on 4D.

Those 3 plays: 1 SNAFU by the offense, one SNAFU by the defense, one SNAFU by ST.

Yes I remember the game clearly too.  The TD run sorry is inexcusable when you know all NE is doing is running the ball.  The conditions were atrocious and ruined the game. 

The FG was missed too due to Bass trying to compensate for the wind.  The fact Allen could actual throw in the wind again showed just how good he is (I remember the 2-3 passes Mac tried and they were pathetic).

Forecast looks a little better for tonight.    

18 hours ago, arcane said:

New England rushed for 222 yards on that day.   Even adjusting a bit for a long run,  its by no means paltry.  And when a team can rush for over 200 yards against you ,  your defense didn't have a very good day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.