White, Edmunds and Rousseau - OUT

DasNootz

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We didn’t have Cam Lewis on Jefferson. He was the safety. We had it zone covered perfectly, Lewis messed up.

We don’t have 4 solid depth safeties. 

The injuries have added up and made it more difficult. It’s not 1 or 2 it’s 5-6 starters being out at a time. If you can’t understand that then there’s nothing to discuss.

Tre White would definitely help, but up until the Vikings game we haven’t needed him. And honestly it was 27-10 with a minute left in the 3rd.  

We’re getting to a point where it’s just too many injuries to overcome.  Get Poyer back, lose Edmunds and Rousseau. It’s frustrating.

So since we started the season with 2 rookies at corner and Hyde out for the year, you would think that we would go all in for some veteran leadership especially with Poyer missing time. This GM acquired Rhodes, who must have been injured because they can’t get him on the field and Hines, who we can’t integrate into our offense. Every team has injuries, but that’s where a good GM can make a difference. This is supposedly our window. Why do you think Josh is uncharacteristically throwing picks in the red zone? It’s because 27to 10 becomes 27 all and he’s trying to do too much.

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Good Lord. I hate to say it, but we might as well put White on IR. Only thing I can think is we are saving him for our December push to the playoffs. 

I think this game will show truly how much edmunds means to our defense

second half without Edmunds vs Vikes showed how much he was missed too. f'me.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I wouldn't call Jackson pedestrian.  He has played well. And the rookies have more than held their own. 

That said there is no excuse for Cam Lewis being on the field for 4th and 18. 

My guess is somewhere along the way he was told or he told them he is not coming back for a full year. There is no medical reason to have such an arbitrary time line so they just don't say anything.

Jackson has been OK, and Johnson is great but it seems that when it’s crunch time, they grab and hold or give up receptions in the secondary. Maybe the strategy has to change as far trying to get pressure with 4 guys. This week we need run support from these young guys. Other than Hamlin and Taron, I’m not confident.

2 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

I’m actually at the base clinic getting treatment for the Tuberculosis that I got while evacuating Afghanistan refugees.  Despite the fact of not being able to breathe/lung issues and fatigue over there last 6 months while doing the treatment, I still have to do a PT test and perform my job as the head mechanic at my unit. But I guess since I’m not being paid $17M a year, I don’t get that special treatment of waiting until my treatment is over and I’m ready to mentally perform my duties before I have to put my lungs through the stress of exercising and conducting my manual labor job.

I'm terribly sorry that you're not feeling well and hope you get better soon.

But truthfully if you can't perform your duties you will get military disability for the rest of your life and won't have to work another day.

So you would have more in common with White than you think. 

Thank you for your service !

21 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

So since we started the season with 2 rookies at corner and Hyde out for the year, you would think that we would go all in for some veteran leadership especially with Poyer missing time. This GM acquired Rhodes, who must have been injured because they can’t get him on the field and Hines, who we can’t integrate into our offense. Every team has injuries, but that’s where a good GM can make a difference. This is supposedly our window. Why do you think Josh is uncharacteristically throwing picks in the red zone? It’s because 27to 10 becomes 27 all and he’s trying to do too much.

Allen is throwing ints with leads. 

They only signed Rhodes as emergency because they lost Benford and Jackson to injury in the same game. CB has not hurt us this year as much as safety has.

Safety depth is tough. Hamlin has been good. After that it’s been bad. Hard to imagine any team having 4 quality safeties. But with that said they were very high on Johnson. So that was definitely a miss by the Bills.

Hines was acquired but not necessarily needed. I’m sure he’ll become more involved but I don’t think he’s the type you change your offense for. Singletary will dominate the few RB touches. Cook will get some. Hines will get some.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen is throwing ints with leads. 

They only signed Rhodes as emergency because they lost Benford and Jackson to injury in the same game. CB has not hurt us this year as much as safety has.

Safety depth is tough. Hamlin has been good. After that it’s been bad. Hard to imagine any team having 4 quality safeties. But with that said they were very high on Johnson. So that was definitely a miss by the Bills.

Rhodes was acquired but not necessarily needed. I’m sure he’ll become more involved but I don’t think he’s the type you change your offense for. Singletary will dominate the few RB touches. Cook will get some. Hines will get some.

Putting the reason why Allen has been forcing throws aside, do you have confidence that this secondary can stop a team with a solid receiving corps? LA, Cinn(with Chase) or Miami are looming between now and playoffs.

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Putting the reason why Allen has been forcing throws aside, do you have confidence that this secondary can stop a team with a solid receiving corps? LA, Cinn(with Chase) or Miami are looming between now and playoffs.

Miami wasn’t that good vs us. They only had 212 total yards! If we’re only missing Hyde come Miami game I’m very confident.

You don’t think we beat Minnesota with Poyer and Edmunds?

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Tremaine just needs to rest that groin and get healthy for the final stretch of games.

Not sure we should expect to see Klein get meaningful amount of snaps against Cleveland, but he's great insurance for a short turnaround against Detroit.  And with New England upcoming, he will be helpful.

Dodson is certainly capable and did fine against Vikings.  He's got athleticism, not Tremaine level, but if I had to pick 1-2 games to see Dodson get snaps it's against Cleveland and Detroit.

Dodson was a complete liability vs the Vikes, not sure what game you were watching.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Maybe we can line the Bills home field with pillows on the regular season finale and get him 5-10 snaps. 

Joking, and it is what it is, but at this point it's getting kind of ridiculous.  Road games never seem ideal.  Weather is turning in Buffalo and much of the country... not many 65 and sunny games left on the schedule.

Maybe a Miami playoff game.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Read a number of posts ripping McD for not playing him.  I'm about 95% certain McD is sitting him based on recommendations of doctors, trainer, and talking with White himself.

Read a quote last day or two was either in BN or Athletic, McD discussed White and was something along the lines of the player needs to know when he's ready.

Doctors and trainers would not have cleared him to play if he wasn't cleared to play.  

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Bills organization have said basically nothing about Tre White. The only thing we have to go on is the speculation of fans and media who know nothing about the situation.

Even if the Bills came out and said he is done for the season, fans would still be attacking him because they don't believe it should take that long for him to recover.

The only cure is for fans and the media to see him play again at a high level. Until that happens, fans and media will continue to spout nonsense.

He is practicing and working his way back. That's why.

The Bills organization activated him to the active roster taking up a roster spot and thus giving the impression he was close.

The Bills organization started him practicing, even removed the red contact jersey from him at practice

The Bills organization REMOVED him from the injury report completely.

The Bills organization said they weren’t “going into physical vs mental” when it comes to Trey

The Bills organization hasn’t made a now NON injured player by NFL standards available for comment

The Bills organization has the right to do all of that for sure.  Yet, they then open themselves up to all kinds of speculations and theories, which does nothing but hurt the image of both the player and team.  The Bills organization has the power to shut this down completely but chooses not to from some strange reason.  That’s all.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

The Bills organization activated him to the active roster taking up a roster spot and thus giving the impression he was close.

The Bills organization started him practicing, even removed the red contact jersey from him at practice

The Bills organization said they weren’t “going into physical vs mental” when it comes to Trey

The Bills organization hasn’t made a now NON injured player by NFL standards available for comment

The Bills organization has the right to do all of that for sure.  Yet, they then open themselves up to all kinds of speculations and theories, which does nothing but hurt the image of both the player and team.  The Bills organization has the power to shut this down completely but chooses not to from some strange reason.  That’s all.

Completely agree.  McDermott could shut this talk down immediately.  He almost seems to be feeding it.  

• Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm terribly sorry that you're not feeling well and hope you get better soon.

But truthfully if you can't perform your duties you will get military disability for the rest of your life and won't have to work another day.

So you would have more in common with White than you think. 

Thank you for your service !

No I won't.  I'm going through the treatment right now and have been going through the treatment since the summer.  I've been told I'll be lucky to get the VA rating.

28 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Tre did speak to the media. He made it clear he wasn't ready to return.

They have done nothing wrong. If you want your imagination to run wild, go ahead. But don't blame them.

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They have to get healthier. That includes White. That’s why only 1 team in NFL history has gone undefeated. It’s a marathon. Injuries and off games will happen.

You mean having our best starter players actually playing is more important to winning than getting some "swagger?"

Who knew! 

All our DT's are healthy.  Epenesa played well last week filling in for Rousseau.  Shaq is a better run defender than pass rusher.  Milano is playing.  Hopefully Poyer can go.  I think we have the personnel where we can at least contain Chubb enough to get by with the loss of Edmunds and Russeau.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

All our DT's are healthy.  Epenesa played well last week filling in for Rousseau.  Shaq is a better run defender than pass rusher.  Milano is playing.  Hopefully Poyer can go.  I think we have the personnel where we can at least contain Chubb enough to get by with the loss of Edmunds and Russeau.

Rosseau is a bigger loss then Edmunds for this game, Rosseau is a great run stopper, Edmunds likes to be carried for 7-10 yards when tackling big backs, Klein is a better run stopper then Edmunds but is a HUGE liability in the passing game.

11 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

It’s a mental thing right now, it’s in Trey’s head. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to play, he’s just not ready mentally to test it.

He will see some snaps against NE. I doubt he’ll play Thanksgiving if he’s not playing Sunday.

No one actually knows this (other than Tre and a few coaches, I suppose) but I DO agree with your assessment here.

I think this is what's going on; it's the most likely explanation at this point.

Sal C. even suggests that McDermott seemed different the last time he talked about it, like he was distancing himself from the situation a little bit, as if to shine light on Tre as the source of the problem. 

Sal was saying that McDermott is basically saying "I don't know what to make of it now, he's ready to play, he's healthy, but it's in his hands now, not mine."

So to speak.

8 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Rosseau is a bigger loss then Edmunds for this game, Rosseau is a great run stopper, Edmunds likes to be carried for 7-10 yards when tackling big backs, Klein is a better run stopper then Edmunds but is a HUGE liability in the passing game.

Cleveland will be pounding the rock all game, eating clock, and trying to keep our O off the field; it's how you beat the Bills...and they have the run game to do it.  I don't think they're going to throw a lot.

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tre did speak to the media. He made it clear he wasn't ready to return.

They have done nothing wrong. If you want your imagination to run wild, go ahead. But don't blame them.

Apparently you didn’t read my whole post before responding, because I specifically mentioned what you just said.  But whatever.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

The Bills are doing what's best for the organization and also to protect privacy.  The problem here is fans like yourself feel we're entitled to know everything that is going on and we are not.  It's like the Kim issue and a few years back there was a lineman, can't recall his name that was out with undisclosed issues.  For months Bills were ripped here for not explaining what was going on.  Eventually the player came forward and disclosed he has Crohn's disease.

It's really not any difference than the way most companies work, there's things going on that seem strange, but not if you knew the whole story, but there is no need for you to know.  Yes it does make rumors circulate more than if the true story was given, but oh well is typically managements position.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Miami wasn’t that good vs us. They only had 212 total yards! If we’re only missing Hyde come Miami game I’m very confident.

You don’t think we beat Minnesota with Poyer and Edmunds?

But they still beat us with a concussed, scratch that, Tua who had a spinal injury.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.