White, Edmunds and Rousseau - OUT

DasNootz

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I think why people are confused is he has been practicing for several weeks now and not on the injury report. So your second sentence doesn't resonate.

In the past guys would sit out all of training camp and show up and play in a week. 

If he is practicing he can play. 

That only leaves two possibilities.  He doesn't want to play or the team has a predefined timeline and they are holding him out. 

My guess it is the team but stranger things have happened when guys get their second signing bonus. White doesn't seem like a guy that would not give effort but I suspect the Bills thought the same thing about Dareus and Washington did about Haynesworth. 

I don't like the fact that the Bills haven't cleared this up... it screams mental issues over the latter, because if they were merely holding him out for conditioning or the right time to return, they would have said so. It's as if they are hiding the truth, and I am BY FAR not a conspiracy guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

They have CBs but they are pedestrian at best. Where is Rhodes? With Elam dinged, we had Cam Lewis on Justin Jefferson with the game on the line. We’re counting on rookies and depth player covering big time receivers. This magnifies any Josh hiccups in the last couple weeks. By the way, these backup CBs and safeties have stunk against the run and here comes Chubb and Hunt. I’m sorry, Hamlin has been OK.

I wouldn't call Jackson pedestrian.  He has played well. And the rookies have more than held their own. 

That said there is no excuse for Cam Lewis being on the field for 4th and 18. 

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I don't like the fact that the Bills haven't cleared this up... it screams mental issues over the latter, because if they were merely holding him out for conditioning or the right time to return, they would have said so. It's as if they are hiding the truth, and I am BY FAR not a conspiracy guy.

My guess is somewhere along the way he was told or he told them he is not coming back for a full year. There is no medical reason to have such an arbitrary time line so they just don't say anything.

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Mental issues? Good grief, what is with you people.

I guess mental issues are possible, but no reason to think it's White who has them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I wouldn't call Jackson pedestrian.  He has played well. And the rookies have more than held their own. 

That said there is no excuse for Cam Lewis being on the field for 4th and 18. 

My guess is somewhere along the way he was told or he told them he is not coming back for a full year. There is no medical reason to have such an arbitrary time line so they just don't say anything.

I sure hope so because the was Tre was talking earlier this year, he sounded like he really enjoyed the family time instead of the grind of the NFL. I just don't like the massive cloud around this situation and after Anquan Boldin and Vontae Davis we don't need another surprise... some honesty would be nice instead of the Belichick-like avoidance.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Mental issues? That may very well pertain to half he league😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Mental issues? Good grief, what is with you people.

I guess mental issues are possible, but no reason to think it's White who has them.

No reason?

Tom Brady made a terrible mistake relating the NFL to the military, but he was right about the toll it takes on you year after year grinding and grinding and being away from your family for months at a time with all of the drills and the inspections and deployments and preps for them. I spent 20 years of my life doing that military grind and it took a huge toll on me mentally... there came a point where I was mentally thinking more about what it would be like not doing this anymore and being home and having a normal role. I bear the scars of that service as I am now disabled, and sometimes I question if it was really worth it.

That's the place where I come from on this... it is VERY tough to be committed to doing your job at a high level when you are questioning your involvement and how it affects your family, mental and physical health. It's from a position of understanding.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I sure hope so because the was Tre was talking earlier this year, he sounded like he really enjoyed the family time instead of the grind of the NFL. I just don't like the massive cloud around this situation and after Anquan Boldin and Vontae Davis we don't need another surprise... some honesty would be nice instead of the Belichick-like avoidance.

White talked like that throughout the Covid stuff as well. He’s here practicing. One thing about getting an ACL is he’s in Buffalo all offseason rehabbing. 

People need to stop creating fake drama. He’s still in normal recovery time for an ACL. The Bills wouldn’t be eating a roster spot if he wasn’t close to playing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

White talked like that throughout the Covid stuff as well. He’s here practicing. One thing about getting an ACL is he’s in Buffalo all offseason rehabbing. 

People need to stop creating fake drama. He’s still in normal recovery time for an ACL. The Bills wouldn’t be eating a roster spot if he wasn’t close to playing.

I'm not creating fake drama, I am just questioning the purpose of having a player active for three weeks only to not play and give no reason as to why.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm not creating fake drama, I am just questioning the purpose of having a player active for three weeks only to not play and give no reason as to why.

So he can practice! He can’t practice on PUP or IR.

You mentioned Vontae Davis.  That’s fake drama.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Good Lord. I hate to say it, but we might as well put White on IR. Only thing I can think is we are saving him for our December push to the playoffs. 

I think this game will show truly how much edmunds means to our defense

I think the 2nd half of the Vikings game showed it. Thankfully, Edmunds is much more important to the pass game so Cleveland shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

McD on Tre White sitting out

All but confirms what I suspected was the issue all along. Tre doesn’t want to hit the field until he feels closer to the player he once was. Bills have been patient to this point, but as McD says “at some point you’ve got to go.” He’s been medically cleared, has practiced for weeks, there’s nothing wrong physically, it’s on Tre to step up and play.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

there’s no shame in having mental hangups like this (and admitting it) - sucks from a purely football perspective, but what can you do.

But for Chrissake, if he’s not going to step onto the field and contribute soon, get him off the roster.

Agreed.  And honestly, pressure from the fanbase might do some good here.  

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.