No!!! Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins!

Big Turk

13 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yawn. Chubb is an overrated player who only went high that year because it was a very weak defensive end class. He is only a slightly above average defensive end and I'm glad Miami spent another of their first round picks.

Not looking like that this year.

image.thumb.png.57e93f6fb09d5aeb4d87ac00d6f25caa.png

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

This is bad for us in the short run because it makes Miami a somewhat tougher out this year, either in December or in the playoffs.  Long term, this is good since it takes Miami out of the QB market for the time being.

I dunno why Bills fans keep hating on Tua. He can sling it and is still getting better with the new coach

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Why?  No QB worth drafting would drop to them if we redid that draft.

No a redo for everyone. Just that they passed on Josh for a dude that they just traded for a late first because they don't want to pay him. All because they had jut signed the mighty Case Keenum.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

There are two sets of costs here. Trading away a first rounder for a guy who has or needs a big contract kills you in the draft AND on the cap. At least it’s a premium position. They did the same with T. Hill and get away with it because Tua is on a cheap deal, but I’m not sure Tua is the answer. He is not as big or athletic as he thinks, and he’s fragile. 

Which is going to get interesting because Hills cap number goes from $6 million to $31 million next year. They have quite a few guys with cap numbers that go up dramatically in the next 2 years; Ogbah, Hill, Howard, etc. 

They had to do something 

Their Blitz rate was 28.4% to Buffalo's 14.7%.  Buffalo has more sacks 21 to 15, a higher pressure rate 22% to 14.8%, Hurry% 5.5 to 4.7, and knockdown % 10.2 to 5.9.

Their pass rush was trash without blitzing basically.  26 sacks in 49 games isn't elite pass rusher to me.  He's a good player but not a gamechanger.  

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

True but now lack firepower to move into top 1-3 to draft a QB.  I’m totally good with this move.  I was worried the Phins would package picks to move up.  

That post you quoted is fake news. Dolphins have 0 1st round picks next year

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Which is going to get interesting because Hills cap number goes from $6 million to $31 million next year. They have quite a few guys with cap numbers that go up dramatically in the next 2 years; Ogbah, Hill, Howard, etc. 

so do we

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

They have a pretty solid front 7. Going to get a lot of pressure on teams with Chubb, Ogbah, Phillips. Add in Wilkins, Davis, Ingram, Baker and with Howard and Holland in secondary. Solid D that got a lot better. 

Yes, easily elevates them to the 3rd best team in the AFC IMO

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Cap numbers are a mirage as teams just restructure themselves out of trouble, especially as the cap rises. Hill will do the same. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They had to do something 

Their Blitz rate was 28.4% to Buffalo's 14.7%.  Buffalo has more sacks 21 to 15, a higher pressure rate 22% to 14.8%, Hurry% 5.5 to 4.7, and knockdown % 10.2 to 5.9.

Their pass rush was trash without blitzing basically.  26 sacks in 49 games isn't elite pass rusher to me.  He's a good player but not a gamechanger.  

I agree he isn't elite. He is in the next category down though. His main issue has been staying healthy. 

As for the Phins defense... Josh Boyer wants to blitz and play man outside a lot anyway. Sure their pressure rate without the blitz has been poor. Jaelen Phillips was always a candidate to come back to earth a bit. He had 8.5 sacks as a rook but not a load of pressures. And it was a bit 2019 Mario Addison like... repeating that conversion rate was always unlikely. Will they blitz less with Chubb? Maybe. But I wouldn't imagine a lot less. They are stylistically a blitz team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.