Who are we going to play in the super bowl?

major

I hate these type of threads for jinx purposes, but if I had to guess today it's going to be someone the national media consensus don't necessarily expect because I think the NFC is wide open despite all the Eagles bandwagoning.

In a weird way I would almost want to play the Cowboys again to exorcise another demon and wouldn't be shocked if they come out of the NFC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, major said:

We are that good (in my opinion)

Doesn't mean we can't be upset. First the Bills still have 11 games to play. Barring something crazy the Bills will win the division. Then they have to get thru the AFC playoffs. Probably going to have to beat KC again and the Bills haven't done that in the playoffs against Mahomes. Both the Bengals and Ravens are good enough to pull off an upset. The Ravens had the Bills beat. They were up 20-3 at one point. Credit the Bills for coming back but the Ravens can compete with the Bills. The only game that matters is Green Bay at Buffalo. 

• Dislike 1

Honestly, I have to think this is the year we change it up. An AFC team, probably the AFC West.  I'm betting the Cheif. They're clearly the number #2 best team!  Could be the chargers though.

If it is an NFC team. Maybe the Eagles.  

Edited by boyst
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, boyst said:

Honestly, I have to think this is the year we change it up. An AFC team, probably the AFC West.  I'm betting the Cheif. They're clearly the number #2 best team!  Could be the chargers though.

The Super Bowl can not have 2 teams from the same conference play each other.  1 from AFC and one from NFC. The Chiefs and Bills are both AFC.  The Chargers and Bills are both AFC.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

The Super Bowl can not have 2 teams from the same conference play each other.  1 from AFC and one from NFC. The Chiefs and Bills are both AFC.  The Chargers and Bills are both AFC.

I have to believe it is a joke, or at least that's what I'm hoping. I can't imagine there is anyone who watches football who doesn't know this.

9 hours ago, boyst said:

We may have too many in-conference wins to make the playoffs if we keep going at this rate. Would be best to beat the Pack but then lose to the Jets if we really want a chance.

If Jets take the AFC East, I can agree it will be Bills/Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, major said:

We are that good (in my opinion)

15-1 juggernauts have lost in the conference championship. Heck, the year we lost our first Super Bowl, the 49ers were 14-2, two-time defending champs, and they lost to the Giants in the title game.

If we play the Chiefs in the AFC title game, I say we win it 7 times out of 10, if we play the Bengals I estimate we win 8 times out of 10. 20-30% is still a big possibility not to go to the Super Bowl--and that's assuming we are in the title game. 

2 hours ago, major said:

Since we’ve always played an nfc East team when going to the super bowl, I’ve got us playing the 🦅. However, Daboll has them Giants playing well. 

I’m throwing a flag on you.  15 yards and a board suspension for putting the cart before the horse. 😂

2 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

The second third best team in the NFL…

Fixed it for you...cuz you forgot about the Chiefs who are the 2nd best team.  So whoever makes it from the NFC will be the 3rd best team because Bills and Chiefs are 1 and 2 right now in the NFL.  Both teams would be favored over any NFC team in the SB right now if it was played today.   

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fixed it for you...cuz you forgot about the Chiefs who are the 2nd best team.  So whoever makes it from the NFC will be the 3rd best team because Bills and Chiefs are 1 and 2 right now in the NFL.  Both teams would be favored over any NFC team in the SB right now if it was played today.   

Fair enough, though if the Chiefs can’t beat us, unless they play and beat the NFC team, can’t really say they are the second best, only second best AFC team. I get what your saying though!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The answer is Philadelphia.  They are the class of the NFC.

Barring a disaster, they'll be waiting for us in the big dance.

And our rotation of the NFC East will also be complete.

Dallas with Dak would be competitive. I would also add the Niners to the mix. I am curious to see how the Giants do against them. I will actually be at MetLife for that game.

I think ultimately its going to be SF if they are healthy in the playoffs.  They have been crushed by injuries this year, especially on defense.  Some are out for the season, but most are back now plus as the seasons grows they will get CMC heavily involved.  He looked real good in the limited touches he had last week without even knowing the offense. 

Once they transition into CMC being up to speed and taking the majority of the snaps, he will be a big player for them.  But, both the D and CMC are going to need to be healthy in the playoffs, and given their injury history in SF the last couple years and the injury history of CMC, that is certainly a wild card right now.    

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Are you sure that’s how it goes? 

We survived the bye week. YAY! Let’s get past the Packers, hopefully, then start looking forward to the next game. One week at a time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.