NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean until Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady come back home to N. Cal? I'm hoping they continue on the Russell Wilson path this year, but there is no way SF mortgaged the future with plans to stick with Jimmy G. or Trey Lance. Some kind of move is coming.

GB cant trade Rodgers. He has like 100mil dollar cap hit if they do

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Chiefs made a statement kicking Niners teeth in today 44-23 at Niner's field.

49ers got great defense, but we're in a different stratosphere defensively. Also, it's Jimmy Garrapolo QBing against Magic Mahomes. Yeah, that's not much of an interesting match up.

Mahomey and Chiefs are not scoring 44 points in Buffalo. It's gonna be much lower. Like...10-14 points. If we can stay healthy, we're beating Chiefs again even if we play at Arrowhead and we're going to score more than the 24 points we got in the previous match up.

It was a huge statement, but the AFC is that much better than the NFC. I think a lot of AFC teams could clobber the “best” NFC teams. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I know Tua takes a lot of crap on this board, but he passes the "with or without you" test - the Dolphins' offense is clearly much, much better overall with him at QB.

No doubt. He’s a great fit for that offense, with those receivers. He gets the ball out quick, and is not relied upon to do anything extraordinary. He just needs to deliver strikes. He’s pretty good at that.  Tua makes the team better… but he’s not really the scary one. The WRs are. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I know Tua takes a lot of crap on this board, but he passes the "with or without you" test - the Dolphins' offense is clearly much, much better overall with him at QB.

I think McDaniel and Tua are a great fit as a QB/Coach combo. The coach knows exactly how to play to his QB’s strengths. Tua is in the perfect offense for his abilities. The hospital ball to Mostert and the last throw to Hill demonstrate he doesn’t have elite arm talent imo, but the scheme is great for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Isn't the Tea narrative that his ball placement and accuracy are what set him apart?

These throws he's made so far have not been placed well at all.  

He gets a lot of wide open looks. There’s a very small part of the field that he is accurate in.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t know if Tomlin has the patience for a young QB. He’s used to winning. I wouldn’t be shocked if Trubisky is heard from again this season. The Steelers are trash regardless, but I’m curious to see how Tomlin handles Pickett. 

I dont think Tomlin wanted to bench Trubisky. I heard that Trubisky got into a argument with Diontae Johnson about the WR wanting more targets. At that point Tomlin made the decision to bench Trubisky. I not sure how much that argument played into Trubisky getting benched if at all but I do know that Trubisky got benched after said argument.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Claypool isn't good. Too. inconsistent

He's just not dedicated to his craft. Doesn't put in the work. Anti-process.

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Isn't the Tea narrative that his ball placement and accuracy are what set him apart?

These throws he's made so far have not been placed well at all.  

I like the idea of the soft rush in the rematch, get in his throwing lanes and don't let him see, bat balls, force him to elevate the ball to get passes over Groot and the other trees like J Phillips and Daquon. Should be fun fun fun for the zone DBs.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

No doubt. He’s a great fit for that offense, with those receivers. He gets the ball out quick, and is not relied upon to do anything extraordinary. He just needs to deliver strikes. He’s pretty good at that.  Tua makes the team better… but he’s not really the scary one. The WRs are. 

Exactly, I just posted the same thing while you shared your thoughts. Nothing about Tua is great, you see it in some of these poor throws, but he knows how to execute this offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Someone pass a note along to Flores (through his lawyer?) that the Dolphins don't attack outside the numbers except with screens and quick hitters. Everything goes 5-15 yards over the middle.

True.  Pitts aint much better.  Run, Run, 3rd and short 20 yard disaster pass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.