How Bout a Little Love for Leslie !!

T master

The Bills have had a good D for quite a while now and the connection between Leslie Frazier & McD is a very good one so good that last year they said our D was number 1 in the league . I felt it may have been by the numbers but had it's problems but still they were a good unit .

This year given who they have brought in to replace those that were more than a bit lack luster in their play i think this unit this year is much better than last I would have liked to see Jerry opposite Von just of the heck of it because Jerry did get consistent pressure last season but that could have stunted the younger guys growth .

This year especially if Phillips can get then stay healthy i think this defense can be number A1+ this year & it's all thanks to their leader Leslie Frazier he's the steady the stability that this unit & team needs he has so much hands on knowledge of defense that he just continues to keep them playing at such a high level each & every year that he has been here .

I truly hope that he can be a part of a very special season this year & he along with the other coaches & players can give them selves & the city of Buffalo their first NFL championship to help erase some of the bad luck from the Bills past .

Not only that but to prove to all just how good these coaches that have been assembled by McD & Beane are Championship Lomardi quality coaches & players after every thing our beloved team has been through i think this is the team that can get it done form the top all the way down .

I just think that Leslie Frazier seems to get lost in all the talk because of the ora or shadow that Josh & the Offense cast which is a big one but this is definitely a team sport & the Bills can not be a championship quality team with out the leadership on the defensive side of the ball & i just wanted to give a little love to the defensive coach !!

This unit has the potential if things continue to gel the way they have & these guys start to play to the top of their potential this could be a very special defense along with the rest of the parts that it takes to go all the way to the top of the NFL ladder !! 

GO BILLS !!!!! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Couldn’t stand Frazier after the 13second collapse, but he has been the top DC in the league this season. The addition of Miller and Milano playing the best in his career, has made coaching this group easier, but he has pushed all the right buttons. No blitzing, rookies and 2nd year guys in the defensive backfield, no problem. Other teams will adjust after watching us on film, but Frazier hopefully will keep us as a top 5 defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

My favorite part of Leslie Frazier is every time the camera zooms in on him he looks like your grandpa whos completely dismissive of your shenanigans at the family get together

Let me guess you are a new millennial Bills fan .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boater said:

Frazier concocted some witchy alchemy to keep Mahomes in line. Pure football genius that will be copied by other DCs facing the Chiefs this season.

He's a defensive wizard.

I've thought highly of Leslie Frazier. However, I won't forgive him for 13 seconds unless we win a Super Bowl. A defensive wizard would not have that happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's the quiet voice that adds immeasurable weight to McD's Anchor. It can not be overstated how important he's been to the development of our defense. It could not be more clearly evident in the way our DB's have consistently played since his time here. +1 Coach Frazier.

• Agree 1

It's almost impossible to remain this consistent year to year on defense in the NFL. There is a high correlation for offense in terms of remaining good year to year but not so much for defense...

What Frazier has done on a 5 year basis is astounding...#1 pass D over that time and #1 in terms of fewest passing TDs...I believe 2nd place is Minnesota and they have allowed something like 20 more than the Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

I've thought highly of Leslie Frazier. However, I won't forgive him for 13 seconds unless we win a Super Bowl. A defensive wizard would not have that happen.

I don’t even understand why coaches don’t instruct players to hold at the line of scrimmage in situations like those when you can trade 5 yards for 5 seconds off the clock.  Game can’t end on a defensive penalty but for the first and second play would have worked in KC.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

We will never know how much of this defense is Frazier and how much of it is McD.  Frazier calls the plays 99% of the time.  But we don't know how much McD inserts his influence during the week and during the game.  It's not like Eric Bienemy where Reid is still calling the plays, but there is still some doubt the true role Leslie plays.  I'm sure insiders know more than we do as fans when it comes time for HC interviews.  

I think he would be a good fit in Green Bay.  A veteran HC that can improve the defense would probably work well with Rodgers 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HunTim said:

It's a pity that he has been overlooked for a HC gig, he certainly deserves another shot.

That said, I am very happy that we have him, for as long as we can keep him.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think I can speak for many here when I say we want to see proof of funds. 

13 Seconds Will always be linked to Leslie!

1 minute ago, Stuartjohn said:

13 Seconds Will always be linked to Leslie!

Maybe for some. I have moved on. Yeah, it’s still out there, but life is too short for me to dwell on negative things from the past. Onward!!! 

• Agree 3

It’s a shame - but Leslie will Always be  linked to 13 Seconds-inexcusable in my eyes that What occurred happened! It was as Bad as Wide right!

No Owner would Ever hire  Leslie as a HC after that in my opinion.

‘But  if Buffalo ever Wins a Super Bowl that failure in a pressure situation may be overlooked.

Go Bills!!

• Eyeroll 1

He’s doing more with more this year and is showing that he did more with less in years past. 

The real story may be Beane’s one year all free-agency makeover of the d-line, with one splash signing and 4 second page value signings, all working perhaps even better than hoped for.

A one year all free-agency transformation of a position group with this level of success may be unprecedented. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

He’s doing more with more this year and is showing that he did more with less in years past. 

The real story may be Beane’s one year all free-agency makeover of the d-line, with one splash signing and 4 second page value signings, all working perhaps even better than hoped for.

A one year all free-agency transformation of a position group with this level of success may be unprecedented. 

the D line makeover was huge.  Leslie is great,  but Bean got him a Lot of great parts. 

2 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

I don’t even understand why coaches don’t instruct players to hold at the line of scrimmage in situations like those when you can trade 5 yards for 5 seconds off the clock.  Game can’t end on a defensive penalty but for the first and second play would have worked in KC.

Maybe because the coaches job I'd to teach his players how to work as a unit and stop the opponents.  Teaching them how to try to cheat the system by circumventing rules is not a good validation of that coaches teaching skills.   It also would seem to me any worthy players would see such instructions as a coach having little faith his players could stop the opponent without taking a penalty.  I can see a good coach maybe telling a guy like Miller not to sweat an Offside penalty if he thinks he can time the snap and get a quick jump into the backfield, but I don't see a highly capable coach resorting to that.  Don't think our players would be such a solid unit if we had that type of coaching mindset.

Edited by AuntieEm

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the D line makeover was huge.  Leslie is great,  but Bean got him a Lot of great parts. 

I'm sure Fraizer has a big input as to what traits they tell the scouts they are looking for in players for the type of defense they are trying to craft.  Same goes for OC's input on what he feels would help evolve our offense.  The Bills are fortunate we have solid starters on both offense defense and they all have the same goal to win as a team.   

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DollaBills said:

My favorite part of Leslie Frazier is every time the camera zooms in on him he looks like your grandpa whos completely dismissive of your shenanigans at the family get together

This exactly !

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am leaving him 30 bucks in my will

Thats quite a chunk coming from yoy . But ya cant take it with you :)

4 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Perhaps because it is illegal. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

• Thank you (+1) 1

It helps whenever you give them the horses to run His defense First and second round picks a fight and a high priced free agent who is one off the lead in sacks for the NFL

Fraser defenses don’t blitz or the least they try not to and that’s where our free agency money has gone into the D line

Then he was fortunate enough to have two of the top safeties in the league on the backend

But let’s definitely give credit where credit is due we are playing with young guys like Hamlin and rookie corners and that defense has been airtight

4 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Because you can’t do that since 2017:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

My wife is a huge horror film fan and calls him the Candy Man with great affection. She says he intimidates the opposing players with his emotionless squint. I hope he actually does. 

Frazier deserved a shot at another HC job. More specifically, he deserved the Chicago position. It is infuriating that 13 seconds cost him reuniting with the franchise he won a ring with. Add to the indignity that they hired an obvious flop. And unless we blow out everyone in the playoffs and Super Bowl, the fact that we gave up another 13 seconds last week will probably cost him another. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.