Beane and Sean salaries

arcadia bob

• arcadia bob changed the title to Beane and Sean salaries

Well this may just be me but if Josh is making the kind of money he is then Beane at the very least should be making half of what he or Von is because he is the one that is putting this all together keeping the cap in check for now & having the fore sight along with his team which he assembled to see the talent to bring in .

Ā 

Sure the layers are the ones that make it happen on the field but with out Beanes genius in the front office McD's coaching which some here are to foolish to see that either we would be just another long line of losing Bills teams as they were in the past .

Ā 

So i would say i hope the Pegs do what they have to do to keep them both here for their entire careers because as we have seen in the Steelers & Pats organization stability is a really good thing ! One day i think someone will try to steal Beane by offering him a huge contract i just hope Terry matches it at least .

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, arcadia bob said:

Any ideas? Who do you think makes more? Just wondering.....

Ā 

McDermott is believed to be making $8M a year.Ā  GM's traditionally don't make NFL Coach money.Ā  I heard on a radio show as a general rule of thumb the GM is about half of what a coach makes.Ā  They also said all the click bait sites claiming to know what coaches and GM makes are hilariously wrong.Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, T master said:

Well this may just be me but if Josh is making the kind of money he is then Beane at the very least should be making half of what he or Von is because he is the one that is putting this all together keeping the cap in check for now & having the fore sight along with his team which he assembled to see the talent to bring in .

Ā 

Sure the layers are the ones that make it happen on the field but with out Beanes genius in the front office McD's coaching which some here are to foolish to see that either we would be just another long line of losing Bills teams as they were in the past .

Ā 

So i would say i hope the Pegs do what they have to do to keep them both here for their entire careers because as we have seen in the Steelers & Pats organization stability is a really good thing ! One day i think someone will try to steal Beane by offering him a huge contract i just hope Terry matches it at least .

Ā 

I'm sure they will keep him well paid. Also remember player only make money for 4-8 years unless they are extremely lucky. So a front office gig making 8 a year for 20+ years is still much better lol.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

Somewhere a few weeks ago had a list of top paid coaches. McD is 10th @ $8 million a year. I'd reckon Beane is probably also maybe 8-10 a year

Ā 

You can get a nice little place for that kind of money in WNY.Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s a nice down payment in LA.Ā 

Ā 

šŸ˜‹

39 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

Somewhere a few weeks ago had a list of top paid coaches. McD is 10th @ $8 million a year. I'd reckon Beane is probably also maybe 8-10 a year

Matt Rhule was paid $70M for 7 years...Unlike players, he gets to collect the remaining $40M from the panthers if he chooses to NOT work during that time.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Ā 

I'm sure they will keep him well paid. Also remember player only make money for 4-8 years unless they are extremely lucky. So a front office gig making 8 a year for 20+ years is still much better lol.

Ā 

Sure the average NFL career is only 2.6 yrs but then there are the exceptions Matt Ryan 14 yrs, Von Miller 12 yrs, Jerry Hughes 12 yrs, Arron Rogers 14yrs, Roethlisburger 18 yrs, Favre 19 yrs, Rice 1985 - 2014, TB -12 23 yrs, & there are many more that weren't making the kind of money they are today .

Ā 

If Josh plays out his time i see him playing 15 + yrs that would be 3 contracts if matched like this one at $258 mill for 5 yrs right (correct me if i'm wrong) time 3 or so that will for Ā sure dwarf anything Beane will make in comparison i'm thinking .

1 hour ago, T master said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Disagree on amoubt because salaries are guaranteed.Ā  Give them contracts with bonuses for playoffs, championships and Superbowls.Ā 

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And walk away with your brain and knees intact.

• Like (+1) 1

McD reportedly makes $8 million, Caserio was reported to be one of the top 3 highest paid GMs when the Texans gave him $6 million a year.Ā 

Ā 

Did not say who else was in that group of 3 but I would assume Belichick is as well...

Ā 

Also have read the average GM makes $2-3 million in the NFL.

Ā 

So I would assume Beane makes a little less than McD

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Ā 

McDermott is believed to be making $8M a year.Ā  GM's traditionally don't make NFL Coach money.Ā  I heard on a radio show as a general rule of thumb the GM is about half of what a coach makes.Ā  They also said all the click bait sites claiming to know what coaches and GM makes are hilariously wrong.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Bingo you are correctĀ 

Ā 

Appox 4.2 -4.7

Ā 

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

McD makes more but Beane gets a company car, a Chrysler Sebring ConvertibleĀ 

Michael Scott?

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Whatever it is, itā€™s a good dealĀ 

Assistant to the regional managerĀ 

Love it, well played!

Ā 

11 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

UnderpaidĀ 

Yup.

Ā 

I think the Pegulas are smart (and wealthy) enough to understand that money should never be the reason to lose either one of those guys.Ā  It's crystal clear that they know how to do their jobs at a high level, and those are extremely difficult jobs.Ā  Ā They may not always get the results we're seeing, because there's some luck involved, but there is no question that these guys are at the top the game.Ā  Very few others are able to do what they do.Ā 

There is no salary cap on coaches and staff and the Pegulas have demonstrated a willingness to pay for the best. For that I am thankful. People forget that Mike Shula and Joe Brady are on the offensive staff. There is no way that both of those guys are not earning more than what a QB coach and a "senior offensive assistant" usually make.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I know that. I'm mainly speaking in general terms

In the NFL, the closer to the field you are, the more money you make. Superstar players make way more than coaches. Coaches make more than GM's. It's because they have a more direct impact on wins and losses on a week to week basis, the jobs are more prestigious, and they are more in the public eye.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

In the NFL, the closer to the field you are, the more money you make. Superstar players make way more than coaches. Coaches make more than GM's. It's because they have a more direct impact on wins and losses on a week to week basis, the jobs are more prestigious, and they are more in the public eye.

Fair enoughĀ 

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

Matt Rhule was paid $70M for 7 years...Unlike players, he gets to collect the remaining $40M from the panthers if he chooses to NOT work during that time.

Man thatā€™s nice. I no Rex Ryan was still collecting those big checks and let everyone no lolĀ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.