Fans greeting returning team at the airport (as we do...)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I moved away from Buffalo because I could not find professional work post college and since I left I have wanted to move back but every job I found which was appropriate was unavailable for people who did not live in area. 

If I was living there I'd be out cheering for team when they were coming home from an away game knowing that the players feed on this.  They are gladiators who know their time is short and they appreciate all of the support they get from the fans.  I have met a lot of players and they miss that and is partly why they go to events for fans even if there are occasional sourpussies who show up to heckle it for not "getting it done".

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Do people forget the Bills beat the Chiefs last year and went on to lose the 2 of next 3, including one to Jacksonville?  Winning this game is great, but need to stay up for every game.

the fun police have spoken. Next thing Im waiting to hear is Bills fans need to calm down. 

THAT will work just as  well..........

😏

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As much as I think it’s a little bit much to do this during the regular season, it perfectly illustrates the amount that this team means to the people of Buffalo. If people love doing it, I’m sure the players love seeing it so keep it up.

I was prepared to show up and yell at McDermott and McKenzie if we lost.  😀

• Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think, a couple years back when the airport security/local police weren't prepared for it, it was a bit out of control.   Fans were right up against the cars, videoing in the windows, banging on the cars.  One of the players said his car was left dented.  Someone could have easily gotten hurt.

But it looked like there was more preparation and crowd control this time, with some space between the crowd and the cars, and the cars able to drive safely, so where is the harm?  The fans want to do it and enjoy it, the players seem to appreciate it, what's the problem?

I think some players said there were people on the roof of the airport too lol.  Which seems like it probably violates some federal laws.  I agree it seemed more controlled this time compared to 2017 (as it should be at this point as the 2017 drought breaker was just so unexpected then).

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Do people forget the Bills beat the Chiefs last year and went on to lose the 2 of next 3, including one to Jacksonville?  Winning this game is great, but need to stay up for every game.

Thats not really up to the fans is it? Thats up to the team. 

The most important game is the game this week. I think thats what the Bills are preaching.

I know youre nervous or whatever...but I think the Bills mind will be right the rest of the year.

Cringe worthy.

ok Daren.. you always the negative Nancy that just can't enjoy what is in front of you during that time? I mean what is your name Daren? Nancy? Karen? or Back2Buff?

why are you here?

• Like (+1) 1

Cringe worthy.

Listen we earned this wiggle room when we gave TO the key to the city on national television so let us have a little fun?

Cringe worthy.

Do people forget the Bills beat the Chiefs last year and went on to lose the 2 of next 3, including one to Jacksonville?  Winning this game is great but need to stay up for every game.

I don't necessarily agree with your "cringe worthy" assessment, but what you say is true.

Now that we have won this game the head-to-head tie breaker is in our back pocket, BUT if we let up for the next game or two it's all for naught. Last year the road to the Super Bowl SHOULD have come through Buffalo but a few boneheaded losses sent us back to KC.

I kind of look at yesterday's game like I look at the first game of the season, it isn't necessary to win, but it sets a great foundation for the future. Now it's up to the team to take advantage of the opportunities that the future holds.

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I salute those people but do they have jobs or other things going on?

Looks like a young crowd.  Good to see.  I am guessing many show up just to post on their social media accounts. 12:30 is not very late either.

Edited by Bills2022

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As much as I think it’s a little bit much to do this during the regular season, it perfectly illustrates the amount that this team means to the people of Buffalo. If people love doing it, I’m sure the players love seeing it so keep it up.

*some of the people of Buffalo*

I have many good friends who were born and bred in WNY, have lived there their whole lives, and absolutely were not greeting the Bills last night, and may very well not have known they played a football game yesterday.

Keep things in perspective.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Glad Von Miller got to experience this.

It’ll only help him to love Buffalo even more than he already does, and help his recruitment pitch. I can only imagine what he’s saying to OBJ…

I think Von Miller is going to be a good recruiter for Buffalo. He’s extremely well respected among his NFL peers. I mean, obviously Josh Allen’s play on the field will probably be the biggest factor, but still…

He's already doing all he can to land OBJ here, and all OBJ has to do is agree to take our money, show up for a handful of games, and win an outstanding shot at winning a second Super Bowl.

Why not if you are him?

I think it will happen.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

The players and people associated with the actual football team need to stay sharp, not the fans! 

These types of comments, which we see all the time here, are idiotic.

No offense.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills are an NFL team playing in a college town. I can only Imagine what that city will be like if things go the

right way in Feb. Might shut the entire city down for a week 

Then why doesn't the college town support the college team as well as the NFL team?

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

If you are questioning why a city doesnt have the same enthusiasm for a MAC team vs and NFL team, im not sure what to tell ya

The previous post said this was a college town. Its clearly not a college town or it would support the College football team. Its an NFL city through and through

1 hour ago, muppy said:

the fun police have spoken. Next thing Im waiting to hear is Bills fans need to calm down. 

THAT will work just as  well..........

😏

I've been told to "Pump the Brakes" on hear many times, like my enthusiasm as a fan has a negative effect on the teams focus week to week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Oh no Bills fans being happy and excited about their team.  How cringe!

• Like (+1) 1

What does my gut tell me? My gut said last night I would go if I wasn't old.

This was a huge win in the infancy of this rivalry. 10 years down the road and it might be a bit much. But hell, we don't have alot to do in Buffalo and it's fun so why not. When you might have the second coming of the Chicago Bulls you have to ride that chit.

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Thats not really up to the fans is it? Thats up to the team. 

The most important game is the game this week. I think thats what the Bills are preaching.

I know youre nervous or whatever...but I think the Bills mind will be right the rest of the year.

One of the Bills players after the game even called for it.  Forgot who it was but he said something like "see you guys at the airport!"

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Scott... I just don't get some of these people...

ah nvm.. I shut up before i get in trouble lol

People are conditioned these days to always look for some element of superiority in everything they see online lol. Look at any social media platform (actually can't recommend that) and you'll see tons of it. You could post a video of yourself making an egg and 100 people will come in frothing at the mouth to "correct" the way you did it. Reeks of insecurity and a need for approval to me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fetou said:

People are conditioned these days to always look for some element of superiority in everything they see online lol. Look at any social media platform (actually can't recommend that) and you'll see tons of it. You could post a video of yourself making an egg and 100 people will come in frothing at the mouth to "correct" the way you did it. Reeks of insecurity and a need for approval to me.

thank you for putting it way more delicately than I would have.

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Yeah yeah. They're a lock not to win next week at least.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Meh, I don’t get it after a week 6 game. Loved it when it was when the drought was broken and seeing the team off to go to the playoffs. It kinda loses its charm though when people do it all the time. 

I can't disagree with you as it is just a regular season win. The only thing I can think of is last night had a "changing of the guard" feel to it in the AFC. I know there are still 11 games to play but last night went a long way towards the #1 seed. Because of the head to head win they are 2 games up on KC. There is nobody else in the conference that will have a better record then the Bills IMHO.

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

I love this post by you.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:39 AM, Back2Buff said:

Dude looks tiny and slow.  Like I said during those training camp work outs, his feet speed is way too slow to be a good player in the NFL.

Gonna have to improve that quickly.

As soon as Stevenson is ready, Shakir can go to PS.

4 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Whos gonna meet Poyer when he drives in today?  That dude is awesome.

Jaqouan or Hamlin should’ve rode back with him no matter how much they were hurting.  It’s what I would do.

“I get him when we get home”

then again I’m Buffalo in the veins.  It’s what we do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.