Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

Do some of you guys even watch what the defensive strategy is before you start blabbering nonsense?

I’ll give you a hint - the whole concept of todays game plan was to keep everything in front of the DBs and to the outside. Nothing in the middle, nothing deep.

The out’s that Pickett was hitting against Elam were deliberate, they were there the whole game. Yeah, he definitely could have been a little tighter but he wasn’t smoked the whole game, that was the D. What happened when he was able to man up on a guy through his zone down the field? He picked it off.

I’m not saying he had a great game, but the hot takes that “Elam was torched” show a lack of understanding of what was being given to the offense and kudos to Picket for not trying to force it an taking what we gave him. Unfortunately for him, sometimes you have to push it in order to win the game and he couldn’t

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

My takeaways: 

I was surprised that a Mike Tomlin team played like that, even with injuries.  We clearly beat them in the trenches.  

Allen was amazing again as was Diggs and Davis.  The Team Defense is really impressive, especially looking at the quality of the depth.  Frazier and McD have this side of the ball dialed in.  

Some of the players that came up big were Hamlin and Dodson.   Hamlin just seems to be getting more effective and confident.  Dodson was solid as usual and made himself known out there.  Shakir played very well as a receiver and as a returner.   

Cook made a big play for a TD, he has to continue to gain trust and that means work hard in practice and be ready to go.  

Elam is a solid rookie, today he had his first rough one.  They targeted him a lot and he seemed to be playing off the receiver too much.  He had a tough match up with a big receiver.  When he came up with the INT that had to be good for his head.  He said afterward he has work to do.  I am not worried about him bouncing back. 

On to the Chiefs. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Didn’t he pick up Josh Allen, dirty dancing style, after he tweaked his hammy? I’m guessing he’s ok. 

Yeah what was with that? He comes out after tweeking his hammy and then he's lifting JA in the air.  We cannot afford any more players down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Do some of you guys even watch what the defensive strategy is before you start blabbering nonsense?

I’ll give you a hint - the whole concept of todays game plan was to keep everything in front of the DBs and to the outside. Nothing in the middle, nothing deep.

The out’s that Pickett was hitting against Elam were deliberate, they were there the whole game. Yeah, he definitely could have been a little tighter but he wasn’t smoked the whole game, that was the D. What happened when he was able to man up on a guy through his zone down the field? He picked it off.

I’m not saying he had a great game, but the hot takes that “Elam was torched” show a lack of understanding of what was being given to the offense and kudos to Picket for not trying to force it an taking what we gave him. Unfortunately for him, sometimes you have to push it in order to win the game and he couldn’t

Ok I feel like that was more than just a hint…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Exactly what I was trying to explain to @Einstein but he is too genius apparently...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Exactly what I was trying to explain to @Einstein but he is too genius apparently...

Another thing that can't be overstated: the Bills felt that they were never losing this game, so they empowered new(er) players to make plays.  And they did.  This game, and I'm certain of it, was an audition for the KC game (and beyond).  Put more looks on tape, and my how that changes another team's game planning.

Edited by TheCockSportif

So this is what I learned about the bills this year. Put them in a game with neutral weather and they will score 30+ points and the defense will dominate. Put them in a whacky weather game and it will be a close battle and come down to the wire. How’s the weather in KC looking? 

Edited by Bills!Win!

It’s simply Unicorn creepy for all of us, isn’t it?

The Bills have laid a total licking on both Visiting teams atHome- so far.

So bad, that the 2nd string is in for the entire Q4!

After all the madness of the first 17 years of the millennium, we are now witnessing an out of control juggernaut!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Except I never said that… His ankles seemingly always are hurt and he’s demonstrated inconsistency throughout his career. His potential was never in doubt…. He needs to do it game in and game out and has yet to prove he can. Hopefully today is the start of remaining healthy and big numbers with consistency. 👍🏻

You are "calling out" a player like Davis to "prove to you" to show it "game in and game out"?

Seriously, did you just say that?

Scott, as a fellow Bills fan, please walk toward the light.  These are the "good ole days" and lets all see where it takes us.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really amazing game considering Bills literally left 3 TD's on the field with the int in end zone, fumble into the end zone and a missed throw by Allen to Diggs in the corner.  Bills might have had another TD too if not a penalty on Singletary 1st down run that they ended up missing a FG.  Not many teams can blow that many chances and still score 38 points.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

for what it’s worth.. it’s easy to say that after the fact.  I thought Pittsburgh was slightly better than what they showed.  Apparently not 

No, it was easy to say that before the fact.  The Steelers were a well deserved 14 point underdog. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You know this, but bears reminding about Picketts fake slide last year.  Hamlin knew not to let up and his hit landed on the shoulder pad, albeit a split second late. 

These are snap decisions players make, neither was "Bush league", just hustle to the end of the play.  Again, you know Damar and Kenny played together at Pitt, Damar isn't that type of guy/player either.  Also never seen Shaq try to cheap shot/injure a player. 

Picketts reaction is also fine, if he feels that way.  Big deal about nothing though, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wonderful. Truly wonderful. Just really really wonderful.

So many things to love.

The first TD gave me serious wood. The second TD to Davis gave me palpitations. 

Rookie WR (who I just love, I mean how can you not?) gets his first TD.

Rookie RB gets his first TD.

Rookie corner gets first interception.

They were supposed to win easily and they did. I love these games when you can relax the whole second half and just enjoy it

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.