Sauce Gardner will "easily" take on Stephon Diggs, others... Diggs might feel differently :)

Commish

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

What’s he supposed to say ?  “I’ll get toasted”?  This is nothing.  All these guys say stuff like this 

the correct answer for this player would have been,   no answer.  its really that easy.   he's already failed his first test.   mbe he smartens up.

confidence is fine.   hubris isnt.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

IDK, the context of this when you actually watch the interview isn’t all that braggadocious. When asked about the trio of wide receivers in the AFC East he says he feels he could stack up against the best… easily. The “easily” part seems to me his way of saying it’s a no brainer that he has the talent to compete. 

He doesn’t say he would have an easy time covering them. Unless there’s more to it that isn’t in the clip, it’s literally somebody sticking a mic in his face and asking 2 brief questions which he answered similarly briefly. Seems like clickbait. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

the correct answer for this player would have been,   no answer.  its really that easy.   he's already failed his first test.   mbe he smartens up.

confidence is fine.   hubris isnt.

come on

• Like (+1) 2

Jets had a great draft unfortunately. One of the funniest comments I read on the Jets board was someone said that "Joe Douglas is the best GM in the league and its not even close". Other Jets fans to their credit told him he isn't even the best in the division behind Beane and Bill. One guy also said "can we do better than 4-13 before we put him in the HOF".

A lot of his big plays they showed in highlights were horrifyingly under thrown passes.  He does look to have some nice recovery on crossing routes, and I'm sure he'll be solid.  

At the same time, Diggs has had success against literally every player in the NFL that they put into island man coverage.  The route running in the NFL is ridiculous these days - Adams, Kupp, even beyond the super plus athletes and speed. 

3 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

What do you want him to say?  ... "I hope Diggs uses a bottle of lube and is gentle on me"?...  

"I look forward to the competition"

"Should be a battle"

"he's a great player"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I want to hear what Sauce says after the 2 beatdowns the Bills are going to put on them. They had a great draft but they were 4-13 last year and the worst team in the division. They might win 6-8 games but it won't be enough to challenge the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

What’s he supposed to say ?  “I’ll get toasted”?  This is nothing.  All these guys say stuff like this 

"Those guys are among the best and I look forward to playing against them.  They'll be a great test"

The smart ones don't write a check with their mouths they may not be able to cash with their bodies at first.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Jets had a great draft unfortunately. One of the funniest comments I read on the Jets board was someone said that "Joe Douglas is the best GM in the league and its not even close". Other Jets fans to their credit told him he isn't even the best in the division behind Beane and Bill. One guy also said "can we do better than 4-13 before we put him in the HOF".

His 2020 draft was terrible. 2021 doesn't look amazing either, though Vera-Tucker is excellent. Moore is interesting. 

They love their Hyperbole. It will be interesting to see how it plays out when Wilson's rookie contract is up. I mean that is really what it is all about. I think he is terrible, but if he pans out they will be in good shape in a few years. The crazy thing is, when they have to pay him in year 5-6, they will have to pay maybe Becton, Vera Tucker and will have to decide if they want to pick up fifth year options on Gardner, G. Wilson, and Johnson. Again first world problems down the line, and Douglas may be fired by then, but sometimes having too many first round picks could backfire in the long run. Douglas did a nice job, but not sure he really is seeing the big picture in roster construction, and that is why Beane is the man. 

51 minutes ago, Commish said:

pre-draft he said something like "I am the best player in the draft". And now this. 

Pride comes before the fall. He needs to earn the right to be cocky and over-confident. 

This is not a good start for the young man. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Greg S said:

To be fair Belichick isn’t looking like all that great of a GM these days. 

55 minutes ago, Commish said:

Meh - he is a kid making an overly confident statement at this stage of his NFL career.  On one hand love the confidence the kid displays.  On the other, I look forward to him getting burned as he learns.

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

To be fair Belichick isn’t looking like all that great of a GM these days. 

True but he will always get the benefit of the doubt based on the past two decades. But he is also finding out that life in the NFL without Brady isn't so easy.

36 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Not to mention his first two draft picks (Becton and Mims) are well on their way to be out of the NFL in less than 3 years.

The rest of his 1st draft class has been awful https://jetswire.usatoday.com/lists/new-york-jets-2020-nfl-draft-class-looks-disastrous-joe-douglas/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Something like this: "This division has some great wide receivers and I'll have work my butt off to prepare for them, but I believe I am up to the challenge."

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

LOL at that last

The Jets had a solid first round and came away with 3 highly regarded players who should help them a lot.

OTOH, the announcers on ABC were just "washing" them to a ridiculous degree, they drafted the best CB in the draft and they drafted the best WR and then they drafted the best LB/DE in the draft.

Every year, players who are drafted later on outperform initially and/or have better careers than players who are drafted higher, so I think the chances the Jets hit it out of the park x3 are fairly small.  They had a good draft, but let's not go nuts. 

The pundits were all slamming the Bills a couple years ago for trading up for Josh Allen and then for Tre Edmunds.   We know how Allen vs Pundits worked out and while in hindsight, we might all rather have Darius Leonard, fwiw PFR has Edmunds at equal AAV to Roquan Smith (who went eighth) and better than Rashan Evans (who went 22); Edmunds hasn't  been what the fans hoped, and maybe not quite what the Bills hoped, but he's been a starter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.