Allen is transforming into NEO from the Matrix...he is The One

Big Turk

Allen's performance in the playoffs was nothing short of transformational. It was a level of QB play that I don't think I have ever seen before in my life. 

It reminded me of Neo from the Matrix when Mopheus tells him at the beginning that once he believes he is The One, he is capable of things that nobody else is and that nobody has ever seen before.  He tells him "Don't think you are, know you are." 

Allen seems to have finally reached this level and has done so when the stakes are the highest, in the playoffs.  It is almost incomprehensible how a QB could post a cumulative rating of 149 in 2 playoff games, throw 8 TDs to 0 INTs, a total of 14 incompletions and still get bounced.

I think Allen channels this into next year and just starts destroying all the other "Agent Smiths" on other teams with purpose and ease...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think Allen channels this into next year and just starts destroying all the other "Mr. Anderson's" on other teams with purpose and ease...

Not to be pedantic, but HE is Mr. Anderson and he is destroying all the Agent Smiths.  Or maybe you are saying that he will destroy all the other QBs that are pretened Mr. Andersons.  That's fine.  As long as he doesn't destroy himself.

I do agree with the premise, however.  He could end up being the best QB of all time.  In 15 years we could be talking that way.  He cold be The One.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

Not to be pedantic, but HE is Mr. Anderson and he is destroying all the Agent Smiths.  Or maybe you are saying that he will destroy all the other QBs that are pretened Mr. Andersons.  That's fine.  As long as he doesn't destroy himself.

I do agree with the premise, however.  He could end up being the best QB of all time.  In 15 years we could be talking that way.  He cold be The One.

Haha sorry...I forgot Neo is Mr. Anderson to Agent Smith...it's been a while since I watched the movie, Allen's play in the playoffs just reminded me of that scene from the movie...

So we all have to remember though that having a new coordinator is going to take some time and there will be bumps in the road, especially early on.  I completely believe that Josh will put up 40+ touchdowns again, have over 4000 yards again and do everything that he has done the last 2 years (if not more) but it's not going to be all sunshine and rainbows every game.  It took Mr. Anderson a while to put everything together as well

• Like (+1) 2

Neo was the One in the Matrix series. One of my absolute fav film series period. Josh Allen has definite similar traits to Neo. Looks, charm, unreal physical abilities, Smarts, CONVICTION

so I get the analogy and I applaud it for the analogy.....wardrobe? Meh KEANU just sayin'.....

LOL Im messing with you. #17 and Britt have it ALL ........Im gonna leave it that

Thank goodness Josh Allen is level headed enough to not allow all this adoration to change him or go to his head. His family is great and That is a huge part of it. 

#17 in a black trench,  black sunglasses  in a "come hither" finger gesture...aww hell yeah LOL what a great image 🙂 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So we all have to remember though that having a new coordinator is going to take some time and there will be bumps in the road, especially early on.  I completely believe that Josh will put up 40+ touchdowns again, have over 4000 yards again and do everything that he has done the last 2 years (if not more) but it's not going to be all sunshine and rainbows every game.  It took Mr. Anderson a while to put everything together as well

Not necessarily, especially considering Dorsey was already there for several years and is simply stepping into a role versus changing things completely.  Sure he will have some new ideas and different ways of doing things at times, but he would be crazy to try and completely change the offense after seeing what Allen accomplished with Daboll the past 2 years.  

If they brought in a new OC from outside with new terminology and a completely different scheme then your point would be valid.  I don't think it is quite as valid in this situation. One of the reasons you promote from within is so that isn't as big of an issue.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Not necessarily, especially considering Dorsey was already there for several years and is simply stepping into a role versus changing things completely.  Sure he will have some new ideas and different ways of doing things at times, but he would be crazy to try and completely change the offense after seeing what Allen accomplished with Daboll the past 2 years.  

If they brought in a new OC from outside with new terminology and a completely different scheme then your point would be valid.  I don't think it is quite as valid in this situation. One of the reasons you promote from within is so that isn't as big of an issue.

I definitely could've been more clear in my statement - I'm more hoping that the pitchforks and inevitable fire Dorsey talk is relatively tame when a game early on doesn't go the way we all want/expect, that's all

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I hate it when people steal my s**t.  I suggested this metaphor on this very board weeks ago.

All good, @Big Turk -- but I'm not giving you credit for the idea.  ;)

Hahaha, great minds think alike!  I honestly did not see that post, but it's funny how it fits so perfectly that others have the same idea

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's John Wick.  babayaga

Actually, I'm thinking that Josh Allen is a cross between Joe Montana and Jack Reacher (not the Cruise one, the Amazon Prime series).  

- He's a student of the game.

- He is sold out and dedicated to constantly improve.

- He is smarter than many realize (highest Wonderlick of his QB class by far - an imperfect measure I realize).

- He has deceptive speed and can run away from LBs, which isn't supposed to happen.

- He can stiff arm and throw people down.

- He can jump over you if you go low on him.

- He can absolutely break a DBs ankles like he did in NE.

- He has a ridiculous arm.  Seemingly once a game he makes a throw that few QBs could make.

- He has incredible escape-ability within the pocket and almost never goes down to the first guy.

There have been QBs that had some of these attributes, but never all of them.  He really could end up as the greatest ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I've lost count of the # of "Bills window is closing" comments I've seen on twitter & the rest.

Please.  With Allen, the window is wide open and will be for a decade.  He is the one.

Yep, a reminder that Aaron Rodgers didn't make his first Pro Bowl until his age 26 season, nor win his first MVP until his age 28 season.  Our boy Josh is just getting started.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

F*ck that playa he throwing 500 yds 4 TDs week 1. Strap in were going to the SB!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I hate it when people steal my s**t.  I suggested this metaphor on this very board weeks ago.

All good, @Big Turk -- but I'm not giving you credit for the idea.  ;)

I made this analogy with my brother and father @Deadstrokewell over a year ago.   I told them that after the Broncos game and that how everything had slowed down and his processing skills while evading the rush reminded me of NEO in the Matrix.    

I do believe he is the one and I do believe that he will bring multiple Lombardi trophies to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's John Wick.  babayaga

“With a pencil ✏️ “ 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

He's amazing.. but as we saw all too well, football is still a team game..and you need some clutch D, some special teams and a splash of LUCK to make the Super Bowl.

This is where I'm at. We need the defense to also step up in big moments. KC was a nightmare I don't want to relive. I've seen enough over the last 40+ years. Josh can be a consistent top #5 QB in the league. Getting to best ever is going to be a process, but he has tools that very few people are gifted with.  We had way too many ups and downs as a team this year and we need to be able to take care of inferior opponents and secure home field. 

That Jacksonville game haunted me all year and I knew it would bite us in the ass. 2022 can not be a repeat of the same mistakes.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Allen's performance in the playoffs was nothing short of transformational. It was a level of QB play that I don't think I have ever seen before in my life. 

It reminded me of Neo from the Matrix when Mopheus tells him at the beginning that once he believes he is The One, he is capable of things that nobody else is and that nobody has ever seen before.  He tells him "Don't think you are, know you are." 

Allen seems to have finally reached this level and has done so when the stakes are the highest, in the playoffs.  It is almost incomprehensible how a QB could post a cumulative rating of 149 in 2 playoff games, throw 8 TDs to 0 INTs, a total of 14 incompletions and still get bounced.

I think Allen channels this into next year and just starts destroying all the other "Agent Smiths" on other teams with purpose and ease...

I feel pretty confident that Allen has his best season in 2022

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

What did the oracle say? 

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I feel pretty confident that Allen has his best season in 2022

For sure the best is yet to come with him...he is just getting started.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What did the oracle say? 

She told him to have a cookie and by the time he is done eating it he will feel right as rain.

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This SB just felt weird like this was supposed to be the Bills sb win 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.