Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

11 minutes ago, Kelly's Heroes said:

Best News I have heard in some time!  Dorsey can leave too and Take Fraizer with them! Dorsey did a great Job with Josh but his development is complete....  Dabol, is not tough enough to withstand the NY media..... He will fail.....and I won't be sad he did. It is exciting to see where the new direction can take us....Maybe some balance and not so many designed QB runs that put our franchise QB at risk. We got one good back in Devin....just need a play caller to give him some carries....Best bang for the buck on the roster in my opinion. 

Fraizer, well I will say it like this.....YAWN!!!! Boring.....and a coward when the game is on the line.... 2 DEEP ZONE produced 2 major losses both this and last year in the final seconds. 

What's so difficult about dealing with the NY media? Why would he have a problem with them?

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Buh Bye Brian...not lyin, I'm not cryin...

What a tough place to be a head coach! 

Head coaches have fared much better there than in Buffalo. 4 Super Bowls in my lifetime.

32 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

boy, bills fans are sure getting spoiled.  I am thinking of years of AVP, Hackett, Gailey, Killdrive, Fairchild, etc. 

our short yardage go to was pop Warner….Josh student body right ….Chiefs…short yardage….clever plays….This ain’t Alabama….17 gotta last us 10-15 years

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Head coaches have fared much better there than in Buffalo. 4 Super Bowls in my lifetime.

Buffalo went to 4 super bowls. Granted the Giants won 4 and lost one under Jim Fassel. 

Bill Parcells won 2x of those with Bill Belichick as his DC. Tom Coughlin 2x had a decent tenure with the Jags (8 seasons) as their HC before getting hired as the Giants HC

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Buffalo went to 4 super bowls. Granted the Giants won 4 and lost one under Jim Fassel. 

Bill Parcells won 2x of those with Bill Belichick as his DC. Tom Coughlin 2x had a decent tenure with the Jags (8 seasons) as their HC before getting hired as the Giants HC

Yeah, they fared better in NY than in Buffalo, as I stated.

• Simon changed the title to Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants
26 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Seems like a short sighted move on dorseys part if he leaves the bills for the Giants

Good chance you'll get head coach looks being the bills offensive coordinator within a year or 2

Giants is more up in the air

He must have a reason for endeavoring to be the next Curtis Modkins...........perhaps McD wasn't sold.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trubisky is a FA and some feel he's going to get offers to start

Trubisky came to Buffalo because he did not want to go to a dung heap which is ironic for that is buffalo are known for dropping large ones.

I think he will be choosy on team he goes to.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Yeah, they fared better in NY than in Buffalo, as I stated.

Yes, and while Parcells was first time HC with a legend for his DC. He also had George Young as GM. Coughlin had 8 years exp as HC.

Daboll is a rookie HC with a rookie GM, both taking over a franchise that hasn't had a winning season for 5 years. 3-13, 5-11, 4-12, 6-10, 4-13. Bottom of the division for awhile now.

Currently 31st ranked offense in 2021. Defense 20th or so. 

Tell me about how the last two NY Giants head coaches did, Joe Judge, Pat Shurmur...

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Best regards for him.  He did a helluva job developing Josh.  Hope he does well but the Giants atmosphere will make it difficult.

The Giants atmosphere that has 4 SB titles and has been a relatively successful team over ghe last 40 years?

If Dorsey leaves with Daboll, I'm gonna be worried. Stability matters. Especially for young men. What if guys don't click with the next OC. What if Daboll was laid back and the next guy comes in like a drill sergeant. 

I'd rather keep what these players are familiar with. 

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

He has his work cut out for him. They are a train wreck 

As an organization yes..but Golladay, Toney, Shephard, Slayton, Engram, Rudolph, Barkley...he's got some weapons.

And two top 10 picks. They are also in a terrible division.

QB is obviously a major question mark, but there are worse situations to go too.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

His last three NFL OC gigs were honestly fairly putrid situations.  He's done an amazing job with Josh and this offense.  But I agree that the QB basically makes or breaks you as an OC.  I think Jones is good enough to make it work assuming he's paired with a competent coaching staff, which he didn't have under Joe Judge.  We will see, I guess.

Daboll is not the same person he was when he joined the Bills.   When he joined the Bills he was screaming at Josh Allen a lot and finally figured out he would do a better job from the booth and things changed.  He became a close friend to Josh and a mentor.  He learned a lot from Coach McD and Fraizer as well.  

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Yes, and while Parcells was first time HC with a legend for his DC. He also had George Young as GM. Coughlin had 8 years exp as HC.

Daboll is a rookie HC with a rookie GM, both taking over a franchise that hasn't had a winning season for 5 years. 3-13, 5-11, 4-12, 6-10, 4-13. Bottom of the division for awhile now.

Tell me about how the last two NY Giants head coaches did, Joe Judge, Pat Shurmur...

Was Belichick a legend in the 80's? 

Can we discuss every head coach in Buffalo except for Saban, Knox, Levy and McDermott... over 61 seasons? 

Is your argument that it's easier to succeed in Buffalo than in NY?

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Giants atmosphere that has 4 SB titles and has been a relatively successful team over ghe last 40 years?

The Giants atmosphere where the owners have resisted changing with the times and micromanaged woth a fan base that will not give him any margin for error.  Parcells and Coughlin left a long time ago.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

As an organization yes..but Golladay, Toney, Shephard, Slayton, Engram, Rudolph, Barkley...he's got some weapons.

And two top 10 picks. They are also in a terrible division.

QB is obviously a major question mark, but there are worse situations to go too.

They need a rebuild, they are in terrible cap situation for a lousy team.

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

If Dorsey leaves with Daboll, I'm gonna be worried. Stability matters. Especially for young men. What if guys don't click with the next OC. What if Daboll was laid back and the next guy comes in like a drill sergeant. 

I'd rather keep what these players are familiar with. 

I get your point, but I really don't think McDermott and Beane are going to hire that guy.

McClappy is too positive to let that kind of bad juju in his locker room.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trubisky?  He's done more and has better stats than a bunch of guys who are starting or lined up to start.

I'm not saying he's a top 10 or a top 15 QB based on last year's performance, but I think he can make a strong case to be better than 8-10 guys who started last season.

True but that isn't saying much is it? 

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The last two Jiants coaches greatly to do with why they have not had a winning season for 5 years.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

The Giants atmosphere where the owners have resisted changing with the times and micromanaged woth a fan base that will not give him any margin for error.  Parcells and Coughlin left a long time ago.

They also went to a SB in between those times.

The Giants are one of the flagship franchises in the NFL. 

Just now, Limeaid said:

Daboll is not the same person he was when he joined the Bills.   When he joined the Bills he was screaming at Josh Allen a lot and finally figured out he would do a better job from the booth and things changed.  He became a close friend to Josh and a mentor.  He learned a lot from Coach McD and Fraizer as well.  

I agree with this, but there's an interesting point here.  I think Daboll was "led" to the conclusion he'd be better in the booth by McDermott.  Daboll has said something to the effect that you get too invested in the play that just ran and it's easier to put it aside and move on to the next from the booth.

So....is he ready to stand on the sidelines?  Are there any HC who work from the booth on gameday?

Disappointed.  

I wanted him to go to Miami so Frazier would leave and go to the Giants.  Now I don't think he is in the running for any other jobs.  I don't want Frazier back personally, and its not just because of the Chiefs game, I just think I am ready to see what a new DC does with the pieces we have here. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Have you watched them since they won the Super Bowl last? They have been the worst team in their conference for the last 5 years

Um, yeah. And you think tbey are going to be caught in this funk forever?

Newsflash: Team can improve after regime changes. Remember 5 years ago?

Pederson is not a good fit. He runs the West Coast offense which would be a huge change for Josh.

Incidentally that's the offense that Andy Reid and Mahommes run. 

You need someone fluent in the Erhardt-Perkins offense offense which is what Daboll and Josh run.

Daboll learned everything he knows about Erhardt-Perkins from his time at Alabama and being under Nick Saban.

That's what Alabama runs to this day so the only logical choice is Bill OBrien the current OC at Alabama. 

OBrien (former HC for the texans) could come here and run the same offense and run it better than Daboll without missing a beat.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.