Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Took him damn 2 years to finally get Motor involved in the offense.

Took him damn near a full season and half to realize how good Gabe Davis was. 

Good luck to him but hopefully the new OC has a better eye for talent. 

Not sure you are correct. Maybe it was a developmental process for both of them? Maybe he found a way to best utilize their strengths? It's always easy to criticize after the fact. For the most part, I thought Daboll was very good. 

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m one of them his short yardage offense was Josh Allen go get me a first down 

I would have rather seen Frazier go and Daboll stay. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally I'm OK with this.  Josh needed him before but Josh's evolution has made him a better fit with an offense that can actually run a screen game and get diggs in space rather than having him outside the numbers all the time.  

Josh will be better for this. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

He's not starting material. He's proved that over time. 

Trubisky?  He's done more and has better stats than a bunch of guys who are starting or lined up to start.

I'm not saying he's a top 10 or a top 15 QB based on last year's performance, but I think he can make a strong case to be better than 8-10 guys who started last season.

• Agree 3

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

If nothing else. I’m happy Josh had him for 4 years. Having a revolving door of an OC is tough for a young QB. 

Now let’s develop a running game instead of runs from the shotgun and stop running Josh so much 

Josh running so much isn’t a bad thing. He’s great at it. We just need him to not take unnecessary hits.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.