Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe Dorsey is under contract with us

We can't stop a promotion though. I don't think even if we offer the same promotion he is under any obligation to take ours over theirs. 

All that said I don't think Dorsey is going anywhere. He will be OC.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Daboll practically lights up and glows when he talks about Webb.  My guess would be Davis Webb coaching career starts now.

Webb as Giants QB coach. I could see that.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We can't stop a promotion though. I don't think even if we offer the same promotion he is under any obligation to take ours over theirs. 

All that said I don't think Dorsey is going anywhere. He will be OC.

Webb as Giants QB coach. I could see that.

I thought the only thing considered a promotion is getting a HC job. Going from position coach to coordinator is not a promotion.

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Lots of folks here will be happy to see Daboll gone. 

Took him damn 2 years to finally get Motor involved in the offense.

Took him damn near a full season and half to realize how good Gabe Davis was. 

Good luck to him but hopefully the new OC has a better eye for talent. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I would find it hard to believe that Daboll doesnt take a qb that's had a year learning his system and playbook to compete with the likes of fromm and Jones. Personaly trubisky is better than both.

Are you talking about Trubisky or Webb?  If Trubisky, his agent is going to be listening for offers to walk in as the starter.  If it's true that Mara etc have expressed strong support for Jones, then it's Jones job to lose, and Trubisky is going to be waiting to see if he's offered a starting job

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

He's doomed for failure. 

Maybe. I think working for Joe Schoen will help. That guy is an awesome evaluator. I also think the Giants having three 2 year coaches in a row will buy him some time and patience. 

But it will take them two years to have that roster ready to win IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McD’s decisions to go for it on 4h down and convert, did that help the offense “at all?”

How about 4th Down at 7-7 at Midfield? Or 4th and 1 first possession of the second half?  

Or should I go back to the Houston playoff game in 2019 and all the mistakes McD made, shutting down the offense the second half?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.