Never felt worse after a loss

Niagara Dude

When we scored with 13 secs I thought we had it,  even Allen's parents were celebrating and our coaching choked. I am so sick tonight,  I feel worse then losing title game because it was in our hands and we decided to get stupid.  Kick the ball along the ground first and then just hold receivers and give them 5 yard gains over the two big passing plays that put them in FG position.  You know KC will win the Super Bowl and our stupid loser defence is to blame,  could not make a play all night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

In a way, it was worse than any of the other losses.

Wide right was bad because it lost you the superbowl, but that kick was never a sure thing for Norwood's range.

Music City Miracle...bad, but it was a breakdown on one play.

What makes this worse?   "13 seconds" first of all, and that lone might be a bigger collapse than either of the other ones above. But it wasn't just the 13 seconds.  The D could have made a stop on the possession before and basically won the game....they could have made a stop in overtime. This was the biggest collapse of all of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, ny33 said:

I felt much worse when we couldn’t move the ball for most of the game. 

This loss hurts, no question. But, my God, do we have a quarterback. Allen was breathtaking. 

We will be back. 

Back where?  In the postseason?  Yeah I guess.

52 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

When we scored with 13 secs I thought we had it,  even Allen's parents were celebrating and our coaching choked. I am so sick tonight,  I feel worse then losing title game because it was in our hands and we decided to get stupid.  Kick the ball along the ground first and then just hold receivers and give them 5 yard gains over the two big passing plays that put them in FG position.  You know KC will win the Super Bowl and our stupid loser defence is to blame,  could not make a play all night.

I did...the Giants SB.

49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gotta wonder if McD will be their coach when Allen brings the SB home…. Dudes a scared puppy in big games.

He started aggressive and then went soft.  Problem with a defensive oriented head coach.  He believes his D can hold/win when they can not.  Coaches lost this for us tonight. Uhg!

• Like (+1) 1

This is a character builder for this team, no matter how much it sucks today.   A coin flips difference.  Were it tails were having a different evening.

They had it- next season, you don’t lose to Jax, Pitt and daily to close out Tenn.  

Next year you get a Josh Allen that was another level in this playoffs… last year he was good… 

Next Season you’re a compete squad that has been here and back…. And, you hired Vic Fangio as DC.

Remember- we have Josh for like 15 more seasons… enjoy this, chronic failure isn’t too far behind I that rear view mirror… 

relax.  It will be okay.  Next year is our year. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

yea I disagree.. 13 seconds left, you expect to win a game. Our kicker though he got lots of FG's the Wide Right year was not kicking well past 35 yards.

That didn't make that loss ANY better.  I don't blame Norwood.

But we were the better team by a mile in that SB.  No way that this loss comes close to that.  

1 minute ago, B-Large said:

This is a character builder for this team, no matter how much it sucks today.   A coin flips difference.  Were it tails were having a different evening.

They had it- next season, you don’t lose to Jax, Pitt and daily to close out Tenn.  

Next year you get a Josh Allen that was another level in this playoffs… last year he was good… 

Next Season you’re a compete squad that has been here and back…. And, you hired Vic Fangio as DC.

Remember- we have Josh for like 15 more seasons… enjoy this, chronic failure isn’t too far behind I that rear view mirror… 

relax.  It will be okay.  Next year is our year. 

Great post.  

One SB win and ALL of this washes away.  We'll get there.  Allen will not be denied.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I feel ya

I'm in shock.We were going NUTS! I started looking for tickets to next week and after the 1st play I put my phone down.  

I'm numb . By far the worse L I've experienced 

6 minutes ago, Success said:

That didn't make that loss ANY better.  I don't blame Norwood.

But we were the better team by a mile in that SB.  No way that this loss comes close to that.  

Great post.  

One SB win and ALL of this washes away.  We'll get there.  Allen will not be denied.

we’re only a season or two behind the Chiefs- people forget they were consistently winning with Alex Smith- that team, staff, has been together for a long time… 

Chances are Josh comes back “better” next season… get him a few more toys, I have a few in mind, and let the offense be his…. 

relish this time, win or lose… 2000-2017 were miserable, let us not forget! 

Allen is gonna get a Ship… a big old transatlantic ocean liner Ship!  Of that I’m not worried one bit.

Edited by B-Large
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

This rivals the Titans playoff game. Of course, we won that game even though the refs did not think so.

I went to the first and last Superbowls. I was catatonic after each. Those two were the worst ones for me.

Anybody else think about the Titans game when the Bills were kicking off after their last score?  I was glad they kicked it out of the end zone.  So, they give up 45 yards on 4 plays in 10 seconds?

BBFS flashed before me tonight, I knew they couldn't hold them for 13 seconds.

Dallas on the first Monday night game in Buffalo in forever.

That NE opener on Monday night on the 50th anniversary of the AFL.

Music City Miracle

Wide Right

Hail Murray

We've been through our fair share of this crap... notice the two under McD are last second defensive breakdowns.  He's gotta get the endgame nailed down.

33 minutes ago, B-Large said:

we’re only a season or two behind the Chiefs- people forget they were consistently winning with Alex Smith- that team, staff, has been together for a long time… 

Chances are Josh comes back “better” next season… get him a few more toys, I have a few in mind, and let the offense be his…. 

relish this time, win or lose… 2000-2017 were miserable, let us not forget! 

Allen is gonna get a Ship… a big old transatlantic ocean liner Ship!  Of that I’m not worried one bit.

We were a season or two behind the Chiefs last year too. All we’re getting is the same reasoning as last year after the same result - a defeat.

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

I didn’t celebrate with 13 seconds left, did you watch our defense?? They were a joke today.

That was when I was the most nervous.  Remember the USS Indianapolis speech in Jaws? And how after fending off sharks for three days, Quint was most frightened when he finally saw the rescue helicopter?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.