Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

Just now, london_bills said:

How on earth you can watch that game and try to give an allen is better than mahomes narrative is unreal. Allen is elite. Mahomes is elite, we couldn't touch him all night. 

I saw the QBs on the same level, and Hill is amazing yet Davis matched him, but Kelce > Knox and the Chiefs defense made a few key stops early in the game to keep them in it.

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Let's be clear who blew it...the coaches blew it

This game was over with 13 seconds left if they do their job

They very possibly cost us a championship tonight 

I will never forgive them for it

This is how I feel. If we had won tonight, I think we would have won it all. The only reason we didn't win is because the coaches sabotaged the game.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

13 seconds is as bad as wide right. McDermott lost it for us at the end. You have to squib the kick or kick it high and short. Inexcusable coaching.

He was so scared they were going to score a td in 13 seconds he just let them get in feild goal range. Guys playing 20 yards off I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve been mad after a few losses but this one takes the cake. I’ve been pulling for McDermott but he got Punked 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm seeing a lot of people in here saying we should draft high in defense this offseason. What has made you confident that this org. know what they're doing when they're picking defense?  We have a lot of good players, but we don't have a single star outside of Tre White that they've drafted, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

We have spent so much draft capital on our defense, and they don't even show up to the biggest game of the season.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lost said:

Objective next year.   Finish 17-0 so we can play this same f*cking game in our house for once

Well yeah - don't gack it against Jacksonlville.  

OR 

Make the 1 yard QB sneak at TENN and the Bills were setup to be the #1 seed - not that that was a good thing to be this weekend!  lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Can't blame Beane he has tried but we need someone who can win on the D line.   No one on the front 4 was beating anyone on the regular.  Oliver might be our best pass rusher and he's at DT. 

They need to get someone in FA who can sack the QB ***** the draft

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Don’t forget the refs hand gifted KC their first TD instead of a FG & go back and look at the calls they made against us for PI & illegal contact vs the calls against KC where the flags were justified & not made and then come tell me the league isn’t crooked. 
FU NFL 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

So many people blaming the defense. Their defense is JUST as bad and they’re moving on to the AFCC. It’s an offense fueled league and sometimes you win the coin toss. 

Also fair.  The only real differences between these two teams are speed and coaching, both advantages for KC.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

They need to get someone in FA who can sack the QB ***** the draft

who was effective in sacking mahomes this past season...Im asking because I dont know...dude is slippery as an eel and hard to take down/catch

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

So many people blaming the defense. Their defense is JUST as bad and they’re moving on to the AFCC. It’s an offense fueled league and sometimes you win the coin toss. 

The stupidity of NFL rules. Defenses were exhausted to get the ball first is a ridiculous advantage.

• Agree 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Squib kick could've caught and kneeled down. The problem was letting them Kelce run with no contact off line

Yea I’m not sure anyone has seen a squib kick lol up-man could’ve fielded it on the 30-35 and just kneeled.  It’s pretty rare they get all the way back to just on the goal line and have to be returned.  A nice pop up kick to like the 2-3 yard line that forced a return would’ve been the ticket but I don’t know how high percentage that is 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, wdebills26 said:

Josh Allen played great. It’s easy to blame the d, but remember for like almost 3 qtrs the offense was uneven to say the least, and left the d on the field a ton. I mean the kc offesne was on the field Almost the entire 3rd quarter, and came back to bite us in the end.

also, I think the kc skill players are just a tab bit better than ours and have bigger game breaking ability.

Great point! 2 3-and-outs and a bomb TD that took like 8 seconds. The D was too gassed cause we never possessed the ball for long periods. Made KC not have to work as hard.

Edited by Best Williams Available
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am seriously holding back tears.

The offense deserves better than this.

We really need to address our defense because we still don't have an answer and we owe it to the offense to fix our defense

CB2 and LB in rounds 1 and two of the draft please.

We really need to step up this defense because what we have isn't working 

The Chiefs are one of the best offenses in the league. The Bills defense pressured Mahomes relentlessly. He escaped rush and made plays. I'm not sure any defense could have stopped the Chiefs tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tough, tough loss. 

I hope Frazier gets a job I would love the 3rd round draft picks and frankly we need better coaching on defense.

Wouldn't bother me to see Daboll gone to.  Sure the Bills got 36 points and over 400 yards on offense but Daboll squandered THREE possessions with his bizarre decision to go heavy and run Singleterry taking the ball out of Allen's hands. 

And McD deserves criticism for not kicking the ball in the field of play to try to steal a few seconds at the end.

I do believe this season was like our 1989 season and the future is very bright for this team.  IMO we have the best QB in the NFL. Allen's rise in the playoffs was the last thing we needed to see from him. TWO game winning drives in the last couple of minutes is more then you can ask any QB to do. Allen is the real deal and he will lead this team to multiple Super Bowl wins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Also fair.  The only real differences between these two teams are speed and coaching, both advantages for KC.

I'm willing to bet most teams in the league don't leave pro bowl tight ends wide open to get in Fg range with 13 secs. This was a defensive play calling blunder just like the decision to kick it deep instead of eating some clock. 

• Agree 1

Chiefs:

-9 of 14 on 3rd/4th downs

-552 yards

-Mahomes ran 7 times for 69 yards

-Mahomes passed for 75% completion rate, No turnovers, 378 yards

-KC ran for 6.7 yards per carry

-You only held them in their own side of the 50 yeard line 1 time all game.

-when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter and OT, receivers were WIDE open, MULTIPLE times where no defender was within 5-10 yards of them.

-Most important of all if it....   13 seconds.

#1 defense?  This may be one of the worst Defensive performances in the History of the NFL (certainly playoffs) by any D-unit ranked in the top 10, let alone #1.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.