Micah Hydes Interception

Awwufelloff

That play alone changed my mind on whether we should keep him or let him go next year to save some cap money.

And to be clear, I never wanted to see him go... I just thought he was one of the more logical cap casualties.

But Hyde and Poyer are the lifeblood of Buffalo’s D. Find a way to keep both as long as they're playing at a high level.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Does anyone have a video of that? Watching that play live at the stadium everyone went quiet and couldn't believe he just did that...It deserves its own thread. Has to be one of the best INTS in playoff history.

Go to NFL.com   There are plenty of links to that play and about 25 other amazing plays by the Bills.  What a game.

Should I feel sorry for the Pats to get their butts kicked like that?    HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like (+1) 3

The TV announcers mentioned that Hyde made second team All-Pro but I never heard them say anything about Jordan Poyer making first team All-Pro.  

I think both players might have had just a skosh more incentive to show the NFL community what a travesty it was that neither made it to the Pro Bowl.

• Agree 1

The key thing about that interception was that it denied the Pats the chance to think they could win.  The Bills had taken the opening kickoff and driven the field, scoring their first TD.  The Pats did not move the ball as easily as the Bills had, but they did move it, and that TD the Pats didn't score suddenly drained all the juice out of their offense -- they all started feeling really cold and not very interested.  And their defense played like zombies the whole game.  As time went on the Pats on the field kept looking fondly at the sidelines and the parkas.  

The cold was a real problem for the Pats but the Bills seemed completely unfazed.  It turned out the open air stadium DOES give the Bills an advantage.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Special K said:

The pick was unbelievable, but what about the punt return?

What a great game for Hyde!

He’s done that move a few times where he lets the punt hit the ground and then grabs it.  A little risky but worked out great on that play.  Unfortunately he tripped over one of his own players.

3 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Watch the end of the video 3 or 4 times.

In the last second or so it sounds like you can clearly hear a single guy in the crowd shouting "SUCK IT" at the Patriots....could just be my imagination too.  

😂

The actual mechanical aspect of the catch itself was really incredible.

NOT EASY!

And the speed of it.  Like a swooping Eagle diving in and grabbing its prey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

I mentioned earlier that I would pay to have seen Tre White’s reaction to this in real time. 

Tre should set up Pay Per View for next playoff game.

Oh and he should recruit Thomas Doyle for his hockey academy - he used to play hockey and his goal was to play in NHL.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/education/higher-education/miami-u-news/tommy-doyles-unusual-path-to-becoming-one-of-miamis-standout-players

Real hard to be a duo NFL-NHL player since seasons overlap but maybe the Pegulas could let him play as a substitute in later part of NHL season (after Superbowl of course!)

In Mac Jones head, I"m sure he was thinking---"I got this throw, done it many times at 'Bama".    

Nope---just shows the difference in 'college-open' and 'NFL-open'.    

Micah even admitted that he got a late break on the play, so him arriving to take that pic and stay inbounds was sick.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.