History was Made Tonight; Check This Out

Nextmanup

Impossible. Why, for the last 20 some odd years I’ve been hearing over and over and over again that the genius of Belichick’s keen defensive mind could never be dominated in such historic fashion as this. 

Belichick made history this evening. Kudos to you, genius!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

More TDs than 3rd down attempts 😂

Allen more TD passes than incompletions 😂

I heard that the cold would make it harder to catch the ball.

Chicken soup defeats the common cold.

Evidently chicken broth defeats the uncommon cold.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Impossible. Why, for the last 20 some odd years I’ve been hearing over and over and over again that the genius of Belichick’s keen defensive mind could never be dominated in such historic fashion as this. 

Belichick made history this evening. Kudos to you, genius!

Some must be chocking on his ball hairs.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

NEVER, in the history of the NFL, has a team played 60 minutes and NOT:

PUNTED or

ATTEMPT A FG or

TURN THE BALL OVER

That was us tonight!  Didn't do any of the 3! 

* This applies to regular season or the playoffs.  Never been done.   

We'll all remember this forever.

The only obvious “errors” were 2 missed PAT’s … what a game …

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

PUNTED or

ATTEMPT A FG or

TURN THE BALL OVER

Do it for 3 more games 

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This was something like the football version of a no-hitter, or maybe even a perfect game.

All the talking head pundits are going to have to revise their boilerplate and come up with some new ideas after this little piece of history..

Unfortunately the national media will be discussing what the Pats* did wrong, the mistakes they made, what they could have done differently, the weather, hostile environment, etc etc etc…. And the Buffalo Bills will be an afterthought. They will not discuss how dominant we were. They will not praise the perfect performance we just had. The entire discussion will be about Bill B and the Pats* 

We have to win the Super Bowl to get the recognition that we deserve, and even then they might still be making jokes or act as though it was a fluke…. 

The media was even getting into my head yesterday. I was confident about this game all week, by kickoff i was nervous listening to the negative narrative all day, and began questioning myself making me think that maybe i was delusional the my Buffalo Bills were as good as I thought they were

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, PRBills said:

Unfortunately the national media will be discussing what the Pats* did wrong, the mistakes they made, what they could have done differently, the weather, hostile environment, etc etc etc…. And the Buffalo Bills will be an afterthought. They will not discuss how dominant we were. They will not praise the perfect performance we just had. The entire discussion will be about Bill B and the Pats* 

We have to win the Super Bowl to get the recognition that we deserve, and even then they might still be making jokes or act as though it was a fluke…. 

The media was even getting into my head yesterday. I was confident about this game all week, by kickoff i was nervous listening to the negative narrative all day, and began questioning myself making me think that maybe i was delusional the my Buffalo Bills were as good as I thought they were

The Bills never beat a good team, the other team always BLOWS. Oh well, its all part of being a Bills fan. The talking heads will have a field day all week. Buffalo beat the worst team in playoff history. The Patriots were pretenders Blah, blah blah..😁

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

On the Bills’ 3rd possession of their December 26th game against New England they turned it over on downs.  

Other than kneel downs or the end of a first half expiration of time it is the only drive they didn’t score against the Patriots in 2 games.

Over the two games they scored 11 tds and 2 field goals, turned it over on downs once, ended the first half once, and knelt to end the game twice.  

As you know they never punted in either game and never saw a 4th down in last night’s game.

Over the two games Josh Allen threw for 622 yards for 8 TDs and ran the ball for 127 yards.

…but the hardest one to wrap my head around is that the Bills surrendered the ball over to the Patriots only once in 2 games over 17 drives.

…since December 26th, over 4 games, the Bills have punted twice.

EDIT:  the Bills are 12-1 against the AFC East the last two years and are the first team to win back to back seasons series against Bill Belichick since…holy mackerel, I have no idea when.

Apologize If redundant, but jeepers creepers the hits just keep coming…

On December 6th, during the “tornado bowl” between Buffalo and New England in Orchard Park, with 13:23 left in the third quarter the Bills punted for the very last time in 2021-22 against the Pats.  Almost 10 quarters.

The Bills 484 yards of offense against the Pats was the maximum amount of yards they could achieve during the game (other than kneel down) as they scored tds the entire field length of all their drives.

Bills were 6/7 on third down.  The only third down they didn’t convert was when Mitch kneeled at the end of the game.

Aaron Schatz, Editor-in-Chief of Football Outsiders

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also…

Josh Allen had more TDs (5) than incompletions (4).  

Allen first player to ever have 300+ yards 5TDs and 60+ yards rushing in a playoff game. 

Bills had more TDs (7) than 3rd downs (6)

Bills had 100% 3rd down conversion rate. 

Bills had zero punts (for second consecutive game against the Pats)

Boys that’s utter dominance!!!!!! 

Is this what is meant by regressing to the mean?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Apologize If redundant, but jeepers creepers the hits just keep coming…

On December 6th, during the “tornado bowl” between Buffalo and New England in Orchard Park, with 13:23 left in the third quarter the Bills punted for the very last time in 2021-22 against the Pats.  Almost 10 quarters.

The Bills 484 yards of offense against the Pats was the maximum amount of yards they could achieve during the game (other than kneel down) as they scored tds the entire field length of all their drives.

Bills were 6/7 on third down.  The only third down they didn’t convert was when Mitch kneeled at the end of the game.

Aaron Schatz, Editor-in-Chief of Football Outsiders

I’m on the record if I ever have the opportunity to coach against Belichick, the last possession would be 4 straight bombs into the end zone, and afterwards in the presser I’d say something Belichickian, like, “we’re on to Cincinnati,” or, “we practice to play all 4 quarters until the whistle blows” 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PRBills said:

I think that is fair enough.  Let us win the SB.  Go Bills !

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

PUNTED or

ATTEMPT A FG or

TURN THE BALL OVER

YEAH

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I've been saying it all year long.  The only team that can beat the Bills is the Bills.

You're not wrong.

There are a lot of great young QB's in the NFL. Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert etc. But nobody is better than Allen when all of them are playing to their full potential. And one of the knocks on Allen that we are seeing fade is the knock that he is too inconsistent compared to the other top QB's.

10 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's one to tell the children about in years to come, provided they're still talking to me then

Their eyelids were frozen shut so it's good you'll be able to tell them about the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also…

Josh Allen had more TDs (5) than incompletions (4).  

Allen first player to ever have 300+ yards 5TDs and 60+ yards rushing in a playoff game. 

Bills had more TDs (7) than 3rd downs (6)

Bills had 100% 3rd down conversion rate. 

Bills had zero punts (for second consecutive game against the Pats)

Boys that’s utter dominance!!!!!! 

Amen, brother!

And to think, I heard right here that Allen and the Bills couldn't play well at home...:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Top 5?

F that. 

THE BEST QB IN THE GAME 

I feel like Josh Allen is the best overall player in the NFL.  He will not, and should not, take that mantle officially until he wins the Super Bowl.  

But I feel like he is already that guy, honestly do.  No one can do what he does, and no one in history has done it either.  And when Allen gets decent pass protection, he can’t be stopped.  

Allen won’t officially have his name in that discussion until he wins the SB, but IMHO I wouldn’t trade Allen straight up for any player in the NFL, not even Mahomes. 

I firmly believe we will be in the SB this year too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I feel like Josh Allen is the best overall player in the NFL.  He will not, and should not, take that mantle officially until he wins the Super Bowl.  

But I feel like he is already that guy, honestly do.  No one can do what he does, and no one in history has done it either.  And when Allen gets decent pass protection, he can’t be stopped.  

Allen won’t officially have his name in that discussion until he wins the SB, but IMHO I wouldn’t trade Allen straight up for any player in the NFL, not even Mahomes. 

I firmly believe we will be in the SB this year too.

Remember when we were at odds over the QB

what was his name?   😆  😂 😝 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I've been saying it all year long.  The only team that can beat the Bills is the Bills.

Don't forget Team COVID. Keep these guys in a bubble from here on out, I don't want to see anyone get on that list!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Bills had 4 receivers with a 20 or greater yard reception and two more with a 19 yard reception.  I’ll go out on a limb and say that 6 players on the same team have never had a a 20 yard plus reception in the same game. Very close to another most likely record.   

Call it Next-Gen Stats !!!!!

BILLS POSSESSIONS FROM LAST NIGHT, IN ORDER:

- 70-yard touchdown drive

- 80-yard touchdown drive

- 81-yard touchdown drive

- 89-yard touchdown drive

- 58-yard touchdown drive

- 77-yard touchdown drive

- 39-yard touchdown drive

- Backup quarterback kneel-downs

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.