1/9/22 Gameday Bills vs Jets 2nd Half Thread

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That was a brutal first half from McD. 

I think he's a good teacher of the game but with the decision-making on 4th downs and another week of brutal timeout usage...I have no idea how anyone can make the argument that he's a good in-game manager. 

If I had one knock against McDermott it would be his use of timeouts. He consistently uses them early and needlessly. Why waste a timeout on a 4th down punt attempt. Just take the delay of game. What's another 5 yards on a punt? 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That was a brutal first half from McD. 

I think he's a good teacher of the game but with the decision-making on 4th downs and another week of brutal timeout usage...I have no idea how anyone can make the argument that he's a good in-game manager. 

Exactly, his teams are successful and his defenses have been great. However, there’s no doubt he repeatedly makes the wrong decision in key situations. 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think something spooked him there and he lost confidence in the sneak.  That definitely was a wasted timeout looking back at it but a good amount of the time McD is getting criticized for doing the right thing in these gameday threads 

I would disagree about the criticism, I think he struggles a lot with those decisions. 

The timeout management though is a problem almost every single week, and it's been going on for years. It's cost us big at times too in close games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.