Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Our franchise player had one of his worst games on record and we won by 14 and clinched a playoff berth a week early. 

Man, how many of us would have killed to be able to say that during the drought? 

Couple tipped passes and a route given up on by the WR. He rushed for several yards, first downs and otherwise controlled the second half with Singletary. He did his job. 

Edited by BaaadThingsMan
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Took care of step 1, getting in. Now we get a reset. Jag loss, Pit loss..they don’t matter now. LFG!

I'd rather have the #1 seed and a bye week in the playoffs but I hear you regardless.  Time to win 4 tough games in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

This win, a victory over the Jets sets up a home play off game against NE.   If the Browns beat Cincinnati next week this all changes.   I will savor this win and worry later.

Just now using the ESPN playoff machine and it looks like if the Bills win, Browns win, and Raiders win (assuming the Pats beat the dolphins) we would likely be the 3 seed hosting the Raiders (which I think I would take right now).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If we beat the Jets next week with Titans win and Chiefs loss, Do we get the #2 seed?

Unlikely but yes. We are either playing the Colts, Raiders, or the Pats.  Most likely scenarios point to the Pats.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Singletary player of the game for me. Will need this type of play going forward. Man he is showing some toughness lately. 

Josh can get this crap game out of his system. The best thing for us is his self awareness.. I doubt we see this again.  Changed pretty quickly after that 1st int. He seemed to be ok up to that point.

Were we the only team to play in nasty weather again? Every game I tuned into just looked like a nice day! 

It seems like maybe we got a bit too comfortable when we are letting Diggs throw passes.

Defense it was the best at times, the worst at times.. 

I was a bit worried at half.. like in Jax I thought ok closer than I want but we ultimately got this.. but Some doubt did kick in..

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Singletary had a great game.  100 plus yards.  Smash mouth football.   Bills punter 8 quarters with out a punt. 

Yeah was great to finally see. I have said many times for a while now to a few of those that say our running game sucks that Devin needs more opportunities than he's been getting. Can't do much when the RB gets less than 10 running calls almost every game.

• Agree 1

Thankful we got out of that with a win and got the playoff spot. Part of me would rather play away from home for the playoffs, we have some real stinkers at home

Oh and the Dolphins got humiliated after their fans were convinced Tua was going to lead them to the SB. I'm sure they're all calling for his release now on Fin Heaven

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am very glad that they won and credit to the Falcons who played like the playoffs were at stake (they were).  Still, not the performance that a serious championship contender should put out there.  I want to Billeave, but I see a pretty good team that really is about even with 6 or 7 AFC teams.  There will be no easy outs in this year’s playoffs and the only way this team runs that gauntlet is if Josh Allen plays lights out.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Just now using the ESPN playoff machine and it looks like if the Bills win, Browns win, and Raiders win (assuming the Pats beat the dolphins) we would likely be the 3 seed hosting the Raiders (which I think I would take right now).

Would definitely take that but I suspect we will be playing the Pats.  I don't think the Browns are going to beat Cinci.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Would definitely take that but I suspect we will be playing the Pats.  I don't think the Browns are going to beat Cinci.

Yeah same.  But who knows, the Dolphins might throw a wrench into things against NE...they will likely have a lot of the games with playoff implications at the same time so the Dolphins HAVE to win (and get a ton of help) to get in so they shouldn't be just mailing it in.  Next week will be a very interesting Sunday!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

Should I have phrased that better? After the safety, the free kick. 

Although I guess technically that might not be classified as a punt, its the only time Haack has kicked the ball in two weeks. 

Good point!  Forgot about that, though I don't know if that's officially classified as a punt either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.