Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Am I the only one who thought Josh played a great game? Two tipped ball picks are what they are. The overthrow pick was not good. But he was also throwing some darts, and converting a lot of 3rd and longs. 

Weirdly enough, even with a bad passer rating, he was throwing the ball well, IMO. 

The first tipped pick was a poor choice. The second one likely was as well. Looked to me like Josh thought he could zip it over a free rusher and didn’t get enough air under it. Would say if all the picks the second one was the least worrisome. Seemed like Cole got jammed and wasn’t ready for the throw. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

There's definitely two people here that constantly bring up the NFL being rigged, and not just when the Bills are losing or the refs make questionable calls.

I just 😂

I highly doubt the league is rigged. But that doesn't mean some refs in some games aren't corrupt. In fact it's pretty naïve to think that's the case, given a) how easy it is for a ref to tip a close game without getting caught; and b) how much money is involved. So it's not a matter of seeing suspect calls and concluding widespread corruption OR not seeing it and concluding no widespread corruption. There's a scenario in between that's more likely that either--and I would say probable. 

Regarding McKenzie and Stevenson, the big difference is that Stevenson is a rookie, and McKenzie isn't.

Don't forget, Stevenson didn't drop the football untouched - his mistake really, was not to call for a fair catch, as the defender was going to be on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This kid has terrible return instincts. He literally kept running right up the backs of Bills blockers. You tell me you can't move on either side of their shoulder? I'd rather give McKenzie one last chance to redeem himself.  Or we'll be looking for another return guy next year. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He still kinda had a superstar day on the ground though. 15 carries 81 yards 2 TD lol

Oh I totally agree. Josh is a warrior and did what he needed to do to help the team win win the passing game just wasn’t clicking. I love and respect that in our QB. I have no problem with him running like that, despite the injury risk, because we needed that W. In the playoffs though, he’s going to have to have a better passing game to win 4 playoff games, that’s all.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

There's definitely two people here that constantly bring up the NFL being rigged, and not just when the Bills are losing or the refs make questionable calls.

I just 😂

I know.  It’s like a sickness.  But it mostly comes up when the Bills are losing.  The entire NFL is against the Bills.. yet these people still watch every game like their lives depend on it.  It’s a hilarious paradox.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Don't forget, Stevenson didn't drop the football untouched - his mistake really, was not to call for a fair catch, as the defender was going to be on him.

His mistake was assuming his teammate was going to block the gunner instead of whiffing. 

The afterglow:

1. Can you believe a team got a safety, won the turnover battle to 4-1, held a QB to a 17 QBR and lost by 14 points?

2. QB1 had a weird game.  Awesome on 3rd down, not awesome on other throws.

3. How about Bass doinking one in?

4. I hate the roughing the passer call and the unevenness of its call on the field.

5. Glad Diggs is okay. Hope Bates is..  Don't want to be thin at the OLine when the playoffs are two weeks out.

6. Gabe Davis makes unbelievable catches on the sideline.

7. I almost think JA17's tough day was a blessing in disguise as it forced Daboll to adjust the game plan.  And then Motor motored.

8. Oliver is developing nicely.  If he could only avoid that late QB hit which he seems to make in big moments once per game.

9. 2 razzle dazzle plays in this game fizzled (Diggs pass and pass to Dawkins)

10. Knox was nearly invisible in this game.

11. Glad to see Moss gets some good runs in too.

12. The Matt Ryan taunting call was beyond stupid and lost them any chance of coming back in the game.  Inexcusable for someone of his stature.

13. Pitts is the real deal.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Am I the only one who thought Josh played a great game? Two tipped ball picks are what they are. The overthrow pick was not good. But he was also throwing some darts, and converting a lot of 3rd and longs. 

Weirdly enough, even with a bad passer rating, he was throwing the ball well, IMO. 

He was zipping it around nicely early on, Davis was really involved. I think we started to take things for granted, Daboll gets cute having Diggs acting like a Qb.  Its not a bad play to have in the bag but maybe something to use out of desperation or up by like 21. 

Also I think we should have had Josh under center more often early on. 

I thought the first Int was pretty bad. I think he was going to Diggs but coverage was pretty tight in the end zone and was pretty risky even without that tip. Points there were huge.  

The one to Beasley, probably wouldn’t be my first option trying to hit him on a seam pattern. The corner made a great place backing off Davis route. 

The third was kind of bad luck with the tip.

It was just a really weird game for me. The run game was awesome, and once Pitts got dinged up they really had no more weapons. 

So I may be changing my tune on a dome as well. I love the outdoor elements of Football but every game in Buffalo this season hasn’t been good. For whatever reason everywhere but

Buffalo , even the outdoor games had nice weather. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

He played better then the stats show. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

After a game where Josh wasn’t exceptional, it was nice to see another player step up (Motor). That’s what great teams do.

Idk man, looked as if Josh was quite exceptional to me.... You hate to see INT's, but 1st was tipped and that happens. Only thing with 1st INT is I would have rather seen him throw that ball away. 2nd looked like miscommunication with Bease.. I was amazed Falcons CB made that catch. Great play by him. 

Anyways, Josh was cookin it up quite well passing and running...imo he was exceptional imo (as he usually is majority of time)

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.