Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think with Allen the stats are never going to tell the whole story.  This is like Farve back in the day and Jackson today. 

Consider the following: after throwing 3 INT's in 4 passes and seeing the Bills go from a red zone possession leading 14 - 5 to Atlanta leading 15 - 14 early in the 3rd quarter Allen had every reason to be rattled.  Instead, taking the ball at the 20 yard line Allen leads the Bills on an 80 yard TD drive using his legs and arms and then converts the 2 pt conversion to take a one TD lead.  On their next possession he leads the Bills on another long drive to go up by 2 TD's and effectively end the game. That's big boy football on a cold, snowy and blustery day.

Happy Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

• Thank you (+1) 1

What you saw today was the continuing evolution of Josh as the leader of this franchise. 3 turnovers and he never seemed rattled. He looked more annoyed than anything. Here’s a guy who you can tell doesn’t give 2 shts about what the stat line looks like, all he wants is Ws. There are a lot of guys who talk the talk but Allen backs it up with his play as evidenced by his numerous runs where he refused to go down (we can discuss whether that’s the best tactic but at this point in his career you can’t take that out of his game, it’s who he is). 

I don’t think you can overstate how play like that elevates every single player around him. That’s the type of play that gets all these guys talking and playing like they’d run through a wall for Josh Allen. No other QB in the league right now is playing with that type of determination. Yeah there are better passers, Lamar is a better runner, but there’s no better complete QB (even Mahomes) who fits better with his franchise than Allen in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I commented on this up thread...he didn't want to stick with McK when he fumbled though. Don't know if McK would have done better at KR or not today, but I was nervous each time Stevenson touched the ball. With the slippery conditions I suppose i would have been nervous with McK also though...

The difference is I believe McK can break one any time.  I dont believe that of Stevenson.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think McD is only the second coach in Bills history to have 5 full seasons at all isnt he?

I had to go check that out and you are almost right.  Knox and Levy, both Saban stints were 4 and 4 1/2.

Wow that is incredible!

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

It's about time Daboll got it.  I honestly thought we might just continue to sputter away trying to throw it from spread formations on a slippery field.  There is nothing wrong with slowing it down and running the football.  It's been a slow corner to round but maybe Daboll is secretly installing a run game into this offense for those times the passing game is struggling.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

So no one here consistently complains about the league being anti Buffalo?  The term rigged gets thrown around every time the Bills lose.  So again.. I guess the Bills game wasn’t “rigged” this week since the Bills won right?  
It’s a yes or no question.  Try to focus enough to generate an answer.  NOT rigged this week right?

Such a douchey little look at me, I don’t complain when the refs make poor calls🤡. If you can’t see that some teams consistently get the short end of the stick you’re too busy patting yourself on the back for being above the average fan who see’s teams get poor calls time and time again. Of course Buffalo fans think their team gets it worse then others, most fans only watch the Buffalo game. If you watch a couple games a week you see a pattern of poor officiating league wide. Look even closer and this year Tampa and New England seem to get favorable calls most games, not all but most. If you don’t understand emotional responses from Bills fans you are in the wrong place. Here we are locking up a play off birth and all day you are asking your stupid question. Here’s a question for you, are you a Bills fan or just a troll being an ass here?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

On Allen's first INT in the end zone watch Diggs slip and slide on his butt coming out of a cut.  It was a serious wipe out on the ice. Again I think the lack of size with our WR group is a disadvantage in a game with today's field conditions.

Yes, the DBs on defense were disrupting routes and playing aggressive. The WRs are used to being able to make sharp cuts to counter but they are limited on a slippery turf.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

So no one here consistently complains about the league being anti Buffalo?  The term rigged gets thrown around every time the Bills lose.  So again.. I guess the Bills game wasn’t “rigged” this week since the Bills won right?  
It’s a yes or no question.  Try to focus enough to generate an answer.  NOT rigged this week right?

So the Bills just clinched a playoff birth and you want to spend your day arguing about some straw man crap with no one.  Man your life must be pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Another awful officiating game from

Land Clark and crew. Not as bad as the Jax game, but a lot of errors today.

1) called an Offside on the Bills, when there was a clear hitch and false start on Atl. This continues the theme of this crew just not seeing false starts. 

2) Picking up there flag on a late hit slide on Josh Allen. That was inexplicable and no explanation was given.

3) On second and goal on the second TD drive, Dawson Knox gets just knocked over by his defender as he is running a route. No call. (The same thing happened on 4th down  and goal to Diggs, -and Beasley had to plead for the flag, which was thrown like 3 seconds after the play).

4) Numerous missed illegal downfield linemen calls. The Falcons ran a lot of delayed screens, and I re-watched them— you had lineman sometimes 7-8 yards downfield with the ball still in Ryan’s hand. Happened multiple times, and only called once.

5) pretty weak roughing call on Oliver, but I guess that happens every week. 

These are all from my Bills point of view, but I am sure there were lots of bad or missed calls the other way too. I have seen enough of this crew. Really a bottom feeder group of the NFL. Most college games Are called much better. 

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Another awful officiating game from

Land Clark and crew. Not as bad as the Jax game, but a lot of errors today.

1) called an Offside on the Bills, when there was a clear hitch and false start on Atl. This continues the theme of this crew just not seeing false starts. 

2) Picking up there flag on a late hit slide on Josh Allen. That was inexplicable and no explanation was given.

3) On second and goal on the second TD drive, Dawson Knox gets just knocked over by his defender as he is running a route. No call. (The same thing happened on 4th down  and goal to Diggs, -and Beasley had to plead for the flag, which was thrown like 3 seconds after the play).

4) Numerous missed illegal downfield linemen calls. The Falcons ran a lot of delayed screens, and I re-watched them— you had lineman sometimes 7-8 yards downfield with the ball still in Ryan’s hand. Happened multiple times, and only called once.

5) pretty weak roughing call on Oliver, but I guess that happens every week. 

These are all from my Bills point of view, but I am sure there were lots of bad or missed calls the other way too. I have seen enough of this crew. Really a bottom feeder group of the NFL. Most college games Are called much better. 

The one on Knox is a legal play.  You can hit the receiver if the QB is scrambling out of the pocket.  As long as the ball isn't in the air when it happens.  Richard Sherman actually schooled me on that when he shoved out receiver down in the end zone years ago and didn't get the flag.  Same situation.

The only reason I didn't like the call on Oliver is Allen didn't get the same call on the same exact hit.  Even though I feel both are weak.  

The hit on Allen on the slide is a call made every time. Picking up the flag there is BS.  I agree there.

The rest I cant really comment on as I didn't pay enough attention.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Scott7975 said:

The one on Knox is a legal play.  You can hit the receiver if the QB is scrambling out of the pocket.  As long as the ball isn't in the air when it happens.

The only reason I didn't like the call on Oliver is Allen didn't get the same call on the same exact hit.  Even though I feel both are weak.  

The hit on Allen on the slide is a call made every time. Picking up the flag there is BS.  I agree there.

The rest I cant really comment on as I didn't pay enough attention.

Oh, you’re right on the Knox call. I didn’t realize Allen was outside of the pocket on that one. My bad, Land—

haha.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.