Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Do the Bills have a realistic chance at the #2 seed or are they pretty much locked into the #3 or #4 seed? Assuming they beat the Jets and win the division.

I think Both are in Play with a loss from Kc (at Denver) and Cinci (At Cleveland) I want to say unlikely  but Who knows in this crazy season! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Do the Bills have a realistic chance at the #2 seed or are they pretty much locked into the #3 or #4 seed? Assuming they beat the Jets and win the division.

you need denver and the browns to win against the chiefs and the bengals.  both are home games for the under dogs but i could see the browns winning but denver is likely a loooooooooong shot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Man we got spoiled quick. Can you imagine a few years ago it being the next morning and the “we made the playoffs” thread is only at 17 pages?

When the Bills get scheduled to play the WC weekend game on Monday night then fans will have something new to complain about. Remember this year there will be a playoff game on Monday night. The work/school thing interfering with the tailgaiting and getting to the game. Coming home late Monday night and having to get up early on Tuesday for work/school. Plenty to complain about if that happens.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

When the Bills get scheduled to play the WC weekend game on Monday night then fans will have something new to complain about. Remember this year there will be a playoff game on Monday night. The work/school thing interfering with the tailgaiting and getting to the game. Coming home late Monday night and having to get up early on Tuesday for work/school. Plenty to complain about if that happens.

Would definitely use a sick day on Tuesday no question. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I can just see us being the Monday night game; I hope not as I'm supposed to be in the office the following day and I know I'll have a nightmare sleeping. I'm working from home on Monday so it'll be easier to handle it if I can't sleep!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can just see us being the Monday night game; I hope not as I'm supposed to be in the office the following day and I know I'll have a nightmare sleeping. I'm working from home on Monday so it'll be easier to handle it if I can't sleep!

Maybe if we get Rd 3 of Bills vs Pats it will be scheduled on a Sat/Sun. NE is a big market so that might help with the scheduling. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bills get the Monday game.

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t believe they’re going to have MNF for playoff games.  Some teams play Saturday, some team play Monday?  Then have to get ready for the following week, with teams possibly having 2 extra days rest?  That’s nuts

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

What will the schedule be for the play offs? Saturday late afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday early afternoon, Sunday late afternoon, Sunday night and Monday night?

I don't think there is a MNF game for week 18. The SNF game is Chargers vs Raiders and that really is a playoff game. The winner gets in and the loser goes home. You will probably get an official playoff schedule when that game is over.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I don't think there is a MNF game for week 18. The SNF game is Chargers vs Raiders and that really is a playoff game. The winner gets in and the loser goes home. You will probably get an official playoff schedule when that game is over.

He’s talking about playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

But I’m guessing the broadcasters know the timetable by now of when the games will be?

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What say you?

Yeah, no. Cool your jets, youngun. Noobs shouldn’t even be seen, let alone heard from. Read and learn what’s acceptable here.

Hey Chandler.. I’ve forgotten more about the Bills than you’ll ever know.  But yeah.. I’m a “youngun” and a “noob” according to you because I’m calling out the “rigged” contingent that is never shy about posting when the Bills lose.  Only like minded posters need apply Chandler?  What’s not acceptable here?  Tell me since I’m a “Noob” and you’re a Champ.

35 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Hey Chandler.. I’ve forgotten more about the Bills than you’ll ever know.  But yeah.. I’m a “youngun” and a “noob” according to you because I’m calling out the “rigged” contingent that is never shy about posting when the Bills lose.  Only like minded posters need apply Chandler?  What’s not acceptable here?  Tell me since I’m a “Noob” and you’re a Champ.

Ha! You’re off to a great start, Noob. No, you haven’t forgotten more about the Bills than I’ll ever know. Yet again, you make no sense. ‘1278’, is that Lamonica & Dunaway. Once again -and for the last time, cool your jets.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, finn said:

Not sure it works that way. The Bills beat Tennessee, maybe they lose to the Pats twice, or maybe they win every game, or maybe Allen gets hurt, or Russia invades the Ukraine. Kinda silly to assume that everything else would be the same if only. More interesting to consider that a) they not seem built to win close games; or b) they're much better than their record and regression to the mean = they're bound to win more close ones from here on. 

Agree. We can never know how it would have transpired. But using the hypothetical, if everything went the same way in subsequent matchups...... that's why I said "it's possible" it may have gone that way.  My point was that in a season in which there are only 17 regular season games, there's so much less room for error than say, hockey, basketball, or especially baseball.

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Agree. We can never know how it would have transpired. But using the hypothetical, if everything went the same way in subsequent matchups...... that's why I said "it's possible" it may have gone that way.  My point was that in a season in which there are only 17 regular season games, there's so much less room for error than say, hockey, basketball, or especially baseball.

Right. The "If only" thinking is a big part of the experience following sports. I don't have to invoke "wide right" or "illegal lateral" to make my point. The funny thing is, fans on the other side of the if-onlys seldom think this way. Titans fans don't consider the Titans could have just as easily lost that game against the Bills. To them, the Titans are the better team, maybe by a mile. To be fair, if Allen doesn't slip, I would have though the Bills deserved to win hands down. I still do, in fact, but it's a lot harder to think that way.

Anyway, I'm tired of the countless off seasons thinking about what could have been if only. I want the Bills to just fricking win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.