It’s the end of the year and no new stadium deal has been reached. Cause for concern?

Logic

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

City of Austin has sent a proposal to buffalo funding an entirely new domed stadium.  Also included is tax incentives to offset the cost of relocation fee. Move should be announced shortly. 

You shut your damn mouth!!

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

City of Austin has sent a proposal to buffalo funding an entirely new domed stadium.  Also included is tax incentives to offset the cost of relocation fee. Move should be announced shortly. 

Lmao people should be banned for posting dribble like this 

Never going to happen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The Buffalo Bills of Austin, Bausch and Lomb, Betty Crocker, Dell-EMC, and Kitchen-Aid has a nice ring to it, does it not?

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Lol people should be banned for making threads like this 

I understand you're probably being tongue-in-cheek so that's probably the more acceptable response

It's hard to judge somebody's genuineness over the internet 

After a couple minutes I realized you were probably being tongue-in-cheek

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

In light of PSE Executive Vice President Ron Raccuia’s quote “if we reach January and there’s not a deal in place, you should be really worried” and the fact that, well, tomorrow is January…should we be concerned?

Austin here we come!

Just FYI TimGraham made you look foolish posting this.

Edited by TBBills

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Lol people should be banned for making threads like this 

A thread on a Bills message board discussing the deal or lack of deal to build a new stadium for the Bills is….somehow inappropriate?

I didn’t insinuate anything, I simply pointed out a couple of facts — everyone agreed a deal should be reached by the end of the year, a deal was not reached — and then posed a question. 

If the topic makes you uncomfortable, that’s your problem, not mine.

Just now, TBBills said:

Austin here we come!

Just FYI TimGraham made you look foolish posting this.

Another overreaction to a simple question.

The “Austin, here we come” responses seem to me like overly defensive dismissals of a topic that makes people feel insecure or uncomfortable.

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

In light of PSE Executive Vice President Ron Raccuia’s quote “if we reach January and there’s not a deal in place, you should be really worried” and the fact that, well, tomorrow is January…should we be concerned?

Me thinks Timmy panics and runs around crazy just to pay a parking meter when the parking is free on weekends and holidays.  Naysayer by proxy

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

A thread on a Bills message board discussing the deal or lack of deal to build a new stadium for the Bills is….somehow inappropriate?

I didn’t insinuate anything, I simply pointed out a couple of facts — everyone agreed a deal should be reached by the end of the year, a deal was not reached — and then posed a question. 

The “Austin, here we come” responses seem to me like overly defensive dismissals of a topic that makes people feel insecure or uncomfortable.

Here's the thing 

Clowns(not you) have been talking bills relocation for 25 plus years.. it wasn't feasible then

And it's not now

The league learned the mistake of ripping a team from a Blue collar city like Cleveland.. a small City with passionate fans

Journalists and the like will always speculate.. but there are multiple teams that would relocate before the bills  

We are an AFL original. And our fans are recognized as some of the most passionate in the game 

All of that would be destroyed if the bills were moved.. and I don't think that's something the NFL, Terry pegula or Roger wants

We also give the NFL some of its Best ratings in United States

Something the league also probably doesn't want to lose.. because if we leave those ratings are gone

Edited by Buffalo716

The Governor has said she wants the deal in place prior to the conclusion of the upcoming state budget negotiations.  Both sides have recently indicated that good progress is being made.  End of year was never a real deadline, just a goal.  Nothing to see here, just Timmy being Timmy, trying to drum up controversy.  

• Like (+1) 5

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

No I’m just literally not concerned in the least little bit about the deal getting done. 

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair it's the organizations involved own fault for putting out a date like that.

Maybe so but, at the same time, nobody is worried about this. Tim Graham is intentionally being a jackass.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No, Hochul has already said a few weeks ago that she will make sure it gets done and that it is a priority.

Yep. They already agreed that they're going with what the Pegulas were asking for.

Tim Graham forgot about that announcement?

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Is there an agreement to also name the road One Bills Drive so this website's name can remain revelant?

If not I do not believe it.

The over confidence of some Bills fans on this thread.. that the Bills would never leave, is a stench. Kind of like the stench that the Pacific Fleet had that the ***** would never attack Pearl Harbor. Or the Rams would never leave St Louis. Or the Raiders would never leave Oakland. Or the Chargers would never leave San Diego.

There's huge  bucks involved in the choices here. Don't think for a moment that Pegs would not move toward the top returning offer if Erie County and NYS try to play hardball. If EC and NYS screw this up, they deserve the dire consequences, but we don't.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3

38 minutes ago, boater said:

The over confidence of some Bills fans on this thread.. that the Bills would never leave, is a stench. Kind of like the stench that the Pacific Fleet had that the ***** would never attack Pearl Harbor. Or the Rams would never leave St Louis. Or the Raiders would never leave Oakland. Or the Chargers would never leave San Diego.

There's huge  bucks involved in the choices here. Don't think for a moment that Pegs would not move toward the top returning offer if Erie County and NYS try to play hardball. If EC and NYS screw this up, they deserve the dire consequences, but we don't.

Bills aren’t going anywhere, a deal will be made

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair it's the organizations involved own fault for putting out a date like that.

A date is designed to force government to acquiesce in their demands.  In high-stakes negotiations like this there's gonna be plenty of these tactics.  

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

The Governor has said she wants the deal in place prior to the conclusion of the upcoming state budget negotiations.  Both sides have recently indicated that good progress is being made.  End of year was never a real deadline, just a goal.  Nothing to see here, just Timmy being Timmy, trying to drum up controversy.  

The governor is busy with other things right now, the results of which are, well, ehhh.

None of the players, team ownership, government officials, no one has earned any trust.  They're all acting in their own self-interest given what's riding on this.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.