Wentz to Covid list

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

He’s unvaccinated, so assuming he tested positive he’s out for at least 10 days.

Ouch (for Indy anyway...lol).

NFL / NFLPA moving to the new CDC guidelines of just 5 days quarantine. Or so were the reports that came out yesterday, so it he could be back sooner depending on when that gets adopted. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

NFL / NFLPA moving to the new CDC guidelines of just 5 days quarantine. Or so were the reports that came out yesterday, so it he could be back sooner depending on when that gets adopted. 

I think for vaccinated individuals only, but I could be wrong.  

But agree, will have to wait and see what NFL rule changes might be coming in advance of playoffs.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Maybe this is a hot take but I think the Colts are probably the team I’d pick to win in the AFC if everyone lost their starting QB.

Not saying this isn’t a blow, but I don’t expect them to look like the Ian Book Saints now.

They do have Jonathan Taylor.  The Q is how effective is he if the opponent can just key on him and not worry about passing at all

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Wasn’t aware of that. Thanks.

I wonder if that means there’s a chance Gabe Davis could be back for the Atlanta game (assuming he’s symptom-free in time). That would be a nice boost for the offense!

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

They did sign Brett Hundley to the PS.  I would think he has a chance to start.

Did not know that.  Probably has a chance yeah.  He will at least be called up and dressed.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Maybe this is a hot take but I think the Colts are probably the team I’d pick to win in the AFC if everyone lost their starting QB.

Not saying this isn’t a blow, but I don’t expect them to look like the Ian Book Saints now.

Their offense runs through Taylor.  Wentz is pretty avg but I would expect some impact still.  Maybe not Saints bad because of Taylor but some impact none the less if the backup cant throw some play action passes.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don't know about a "hot take" but it seems you are trolling.

You put Sam Ehlinger or Brett Hundley beating Trubisky?

If the Colts lose against the Raiders it is much more likely we play the Colts in the wildcard round which is the one scenario I'm really hoping to avoid. Hopefully they get their o-linemen back and find a way to win this one. Otherwise we'll be big Raiders fans against the Chargers next week. If the Raiders win out we are likely to face them.

Edited by HappyDays

For those who are hoping to avoid the colds in round one, is this actually bad? I would think we want them as the five seed since we are likely to be three.

Does it make Raiders vs Bills a decent possibility if they beat the Colts or still a long shot? What a gift that would be. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They do have Jonathan Taylor.  The Q is how effective is he if the opponent can just key on him and not worry about passing at all

I think opponents have been keying on him all year. If you are keying on the Colts passing game in any situation besides third and long you shouldn’t be a DC.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't know about a "hot take" but it seems you are trolling.

You put Sam Ehlinger or Brett Hundley beating Trubisky?

You can’t have it both ways. Our team MVP is very obviously Josh. Theirs is Taylor. Losing our MVP would be a bigger blow than losing Carson Wentz who is a passenger in that offense for the most part.

So yes. If it was Sam vs Mitch in the playoffs, I would be REALLY NERVOUS.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

For those who are hoping to avoid the colds in round one, is this actually bad? I would think we want them as the five seed since we are likely to be three.

Does it make Raiders vs Bills a decent possibility if they beat the Colts or still a long shot? What a gift that would be. 

I just played around with the playoff machine and honestly it's useless to even try and predict anything. I thought I knew who to root for this weekend but the seeding is going to be dependent on so many different matchups. There's even a couple realistic scenarios I found where we are the 2 seed.

• Agree 3

Wentz is the 2nd to last QB that I'd want starting, from the current AFC playoff teams.

But, he's still "average" to slightly above average with the way teams have to defend Indys run game.  Wentz is very good at getting them into the right play at the line.  The drop-off to Ehlinger will be significant.

I haven't looked at tiebreaker, but would expect Vegas gives them a great game and potentially a loss.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the Colts lose against the Raiders it is much more likely we play them in the wildcard round which is the one scenario I'm really hoping to avoid. Hopefully they get their o-linemen back and find a way to win this one. Otherwise we'll be big Raiders fans against the Chargers next week. If the Raiders win out we are likely to face them.

There are actually a lot of scenarios where we wouldnt play the Colts.  I dont want to play them either but there is still a lot of stuff up in the air in the AFC.  All the Bills can do is take care of their own business and let the chips fall where they may,

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just played around with the playoff machine and honestly it's useless to even try and predict anything. I thought I knew who to root for this weekend but the seeding is going to be dependent on so many different matchups. There's even a couple realistic scenarios I found where we are the 2 seed.

There is no way for us to get the 2 seed without the Titans losing to both the dolphins and Texans, correct? I don't see that as very realistic.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You can’t have it both ways. Our team MVP is very obviously Josh. Theirs is Taylor. Losing our MVP would be a bigger blow than losing Carson Wentz who is a passenger in that offense for the most part.

So yes. If it was Sam vs Mitch in the playoffs, I would be REALLY NERVOUS.

Wentz isn't a franchise QB but he is an NFL seasoned QB.  He has 25 TDs and 6 INTs so far this season.  With a rookie who hasn't thrown a pass yet

teams will 100% key on the running game IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

There is no way for us to get the 2 seed without the Titans losing to both the dolphins and Texans, correct? I don't see that as very realistic.

I think that is correct.  Titans win one game they would be 11-6.  Bills win both they are 11-6.  Titans have the tie breaker.  There are also scenarios where even if the Bills win out they end up the 4th seed not the 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Nevermind you're right, I forgot to pick the winner of the Titans/Texans game. The 2 seed is impossible unless the Titans lose out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.