Wentz to Covid list

Big Blitz

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

This is BAD for us. Colts lose but then beat Jax next week they are still in and playing us in round 1 instead of us playing Patriots. You really think Raiders beat Chargers last game to get in? What's more likely?

Am I the only one that's WANTS Indy in Round 1?

It's really hard to punch a team in the mouth twice in a season. I am pretty sure we get Indy that defense will play out of it's mind. And beating the team that curb stomped you not long before is a HUGE confidence booster going forward at just the right time. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Colts still have Taylor running the ball. All the gotta do is manage the game at QB and they’ll be just fine. 

This is true up to a point. If the Colts fall behind and have to play catch-up they will need to pass the ball. I see that is potentially problematic. So now there is more pressure on their defense

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wentz isn't a franchise QB but he is an NFL seasoned QB.  He has 25 TDs and 6 INTs so far this season.  With a rookie who hasn't thrown a pass yet

teams will 100% key on the running game IMO.

Are teams not keying on the running game now?

Are teams dropping 8 in coverage against the Colts because they are afraid of Wentz?

Why did you pivot from your earlier take about Mitch??

Edited by FireChans
  • Eyeroll 1

I see some fear of the Colts in this thread, and I just wanted to say that I am fully NOT on that train.

It's not that I think they're bad or that I lack respect for them. Obviously they whooped our butts this season. 

HOWEVER...

I do not think they'd whoop our butts again. I think this Bills roster would be supremely motivated to go out and avenge that awful showing. I also think our team is playing a COMPLETELY different level of football than they were at that time.

I'd rank my preferred playoff opponents thusly (from easiest to most difficult):

1. Raiders
2. Dolphins

3. Ravens
4. Chargers
5. Colts
6. Patriots (Belichick in the playoffs is never something I actively WANT to see)
7. Bengals
8. Titans

9. Chiefs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

Bring on the Colts. We ain't losing to them twice.

Agree with this.  

Much easier more comfortable with this then BB a 3rd time in a month.   

Colts were just as good last year - maybe better this year because Taylor is elite but he was elite by the end of the season in 2020. 

Oddly I'm not as worried about the Colts as New England.   

But honestly.  I just don't give af who we play as long as it isn't the weather.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's really hard to punch a team in the mouth twice in a season. I am pretty sure we get Indy that defense will play out of it's mind. And beating the team that curb stomped you not long before is a HUGE confidence booster going forward at just the right time. 

Indy is the worst matchup in the AFC for the Bills IMO. I dont think its automatically a loss and if we have to play them then we have to play them.  I dont like it in the first round because even if we do beat them they are very physical and our players are probably going to get pretty beat up. 

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

You aren’t the only one.  I want them to play the Titans again too.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I see some fear of the Colts in this thread, and I just wanted to say that I am fully NOT on that train.

It's not that I think they're bad or that I lack respect for them. Obviously they whooped our butts this season. 

HOWEVER...

I do not think they'd whoop our butts again. I think this Bills roster would be supremely motivated to go out and avenge that awful showing. I also think our team is playing a COMPLETELY different level of football than they were at that time.

I'd rank my preferred playoff opponents thusly (from easiest to most difficult):

1. Raiders
2. Dolphins

3. Ravens
4. Chargers
5. Colts
6. Patriots (Belichick in the playoffs is never something I actively WANT to see)
7. Bengals
8. Titans

9. Chiefs

I agree with you. Although still a team I hope to avoid if possible in playoffs, I'm not as shaken as many others seem to be. Reason for me is if Bills do play them again, large majority of the time the 2nd game is much different than the 1st. I just don't think Bills let that happen if given another opportunity.

I personally am hoping to avoid the Titans a little more than Colts with Henry back and Brown too by then

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Indy is the worst matchup in the AFC for the Bills IMO. I dont think its automatically a loss and if we have to play them then we have to play them.  I dont like it in the first round because even if we do beat them they are very physical and our players are probably going to get pretty beat up. 

Fair point about the physical nature, however a lot of teams are pretty physical in the playoffs. Add in teams like the Pats and Chiefs that play dirty on top of it. The Titans are pretty physical as well. Other than the Chargers and Bengals there aren't many finesse type teams in top of the AFC.

6 minutes ago, purple haze said:

You aren’t the only one.  I want them to play the Titans again too.

I like your thought.

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just played around with the playoff machine and honestly it's useless to even try and predict anything. I thought I knew who to root for this weekend but the seeding is going to be dependent on so many different matchups. There's even a couple realistic scenarios I found where we are the 2 seed.

Agreed that trying to figure out who to root for is very tricky.   I just did the same, assuming the Bills win out.   Most scenarios, have Bills vs NE or Indy.   There were a couple that have us against Ravens or Raiders.     The 2 seed seems unlikely since that would need 2 losses from KC, or 2 losses from Titans plus at least 1 loss from Indy.   And even with the 2 seed, there's still a chance we play NE or Indy. 

Bills will need to finish out to assure at least 1 home game, get fortunate with good health, and beat some tough teams. 

50 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He’s unvaccinated, so assuming he tested positive he’s out for at least 10 days.

Ouch (for Indy anyway...lol).

edit - I guess the rules might be changing to 5 days, so we’ll see. He could be back sooner.

Here’s a guy that wanted a team to give him a chance, but wouldn’t take a chance for the team. 🤔👍🏼

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Someone bubble wrap Josh please.

I’m def down to kick in to buy him a space suit from Blue Origin - I feel like they should sell them on Amazon…

Edited by Heitz

52 minutes ago, Klaus said:

NFL / NFLPA moving to the new CDC guidelines of just 5 days quarantine. Or so were the reports that came out yesterday, so it he could be back sooner depending on when that gets adopted. 

This is only true if you are asymptomatic though.  And it still requires you to wear a face mask for 5 days after until 10 days are complete.  

So I don’t think this rule is going to help any players come back sooner because they would still not be able to be around other players or people without a face mask.  

But that’s at least how I understood the new guidelines.  

I feel like we just laid an egg against the Colts.  For whatever reason, we just weren't ready to play that game and it showed.  We lost the turnover battle 4-0.  I don't see that happening again.  The Colts are good, but they aren't some juggernaut.  I think that game is a toss-up if we meet them in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I like your thought.

Have to beat good teams to ultimately get the trophy.  Why not beat the ones who got over on you?  I want messages sent and dominance established by the Bills.  They’re top dogs.  Colts, Titans, Chiefs are my preferred matchups.   Leave no doubts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Maybe this is a hot take but I think the Colts are probably the team I’d pick to win in the AFC if everyone lost their starting QB.

Not saying this isn’t a blow, but I don’t expect them to look like the Ian Book Saints now.

I would disagree, you saw what happens to a team when the other isn’t afraid of a pass, it takes a miracle to score.  If they all lost their starters right now, it’s STILL KC, then Buffalo (thanks to MT being a decent BU), then I think it jumps to Miami, and Baltimore if they make it in.  You have to look at who would be in and how much they rely on QBs, KC has had success with a back up, Buffalo has MT who is a borderline starter, the Fins don’t rely on the QB and have arguably the best BU in football, and the kid in Baltimore looks pretty good so far, plus they are a run centric team.  Indy is going to complete inexperience, no good.  The Pats should not be forgot as they haven’t really forced the QB to do much all year anyway.

Edited by DCofNC

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

This is actually a worry of mine.

Bills finally make it back to the Super Bowl and the day before...Allen tests positive and Buffalo heads into the game with Trubisky at QB. 😬

Dude, don't ever speak of such sorrow, suicidal things.....Enough stress as it is lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

such warped thinking…but as long as Colts do not miss playoffs…having your Starting QB safe from any Covid in the playoffs must be a relief.

Should we get Josh at a Covid party right after the Falcons game and get this over with?

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Maybe this is a hot take but I think the Colts are probably the team I’d pick to win in the AFC if everyone lost their starting QB.

Not saying this isn’t a blow, but I don’t expect them to look like the Ian Book Saints now.

The Ian book saints are missing a lot more than a qb to be fair 😂

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Talk of running Taylor 40 times this weekend seems like flying very close to the sun.  Sooner or later the Colts are going to get burned.  Law of averages. 

Yup, they would be hating it if running him that much and he happens to go down similar to Tenn losing Henry. However him getting a lot of carries is likely what they have to do for best chance to win.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He actually mentioned he would consider coming back though, I think it would only be for the Colts

Yeah that was while before the Saints though if I'm not mistaken? Did he say only for Colts? I thought it was a different team? 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

23 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Talk of running Taylor 40 times this weekend seems like flying very close to the sun.  Sooner or later the Colts are going to get burned.  Law of averages. 

Could see Hines getting extra work. Maybe even activate Marlon Mack and give him some carries to cover the extra run game work load. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I would disagree, you saw what happens to a team when the other isn’t afraid of a pass, it takes a miracle to score.  If they all lost their starters right now, it’s STILL KC, then Buffalo (thanks to MT being a decent BU), then I think it jumps to Miami, and Baltimore if they make it in.  You have to look at who would be in and how much they rely on QBs, KC has had success with a back up, Buffalo has MT who is a borderline starter, the Fins don’t rely on the QB and have arguably the best BU in football, and the kid in Baltimore looks pretty good so far, plus they are a run centric team.  Indy is going to complete inexperience, no good.  The Pats should not be forgot as they haven’t really forced the QB to do much all year anyway.

When has KC had success with a backup?

Mahomes has played >90% of the snaps in every game but one this year (where he played 75%, into the 4Q).  They lost that one 27-3

Mahomes played >80% of the snaps in every game but week 17 last year (where he was inactive).  They lost that one 38-21

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wonder where the Colts will find someone to throw for 100 yards these next two games 

I think the Colts passing game is like the Bills running game.  It has to show up just enough that the other team feels they need to defend it.

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Should we get Josh at a Covid party right after the Falcons game and get this over with?

No.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  Wonder if he's in game shape.  Count me as one who thinks the Colts would be far more dangerous with Rivers.

Certainly for this next game if he’s even just 75% ready.  Not sure he is better rest of season over Wentz though.  Start of the season sure, but I would think Wentz whose played all year would likely be better than Rivers at his age coming in a year after he last stepped on a field.  

Then again, maybe Rivers would be better, I mean it’s not that hard to be better than Wentz either lol. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.