12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I gotta say this game was wayyyy closer than it needed to be. Thank God our offense was clutch all day. Defense didn’t really do much at all outside of the interception early on. 

the players are what won, and kept the game close. There were so many missed opportunities that would have been backbreakers for the Pats. 

1) Moss slip at the goal line and the Sanders drop

2) Kumerow drop

3) Daryl Williams being downfield on Knox TD

4) Levi dropped INT

If a single one of those plays are made we probably end up steam-rolling then because Mac would then have to throw constantly. 

as well as Josh played, McKenzie came up huge for us. He gets my MVP 

On the flip side, none of those plays worked snd they still dominated them in time of possession and yards. We all get nervous because it’s the Pats, but there was never really a doubt (at least in my mind) that the Bills were going to win, especially after that first half

27 minutes ago, stevewin said:

To me his CEILING is mediocre starter.  The hype this year has been absolutely absurd - just stupefying.  Earlier in the year some were trying to say he was in the same conversation as Allen (if not better???) - unbelievably ridiculous - just ludicrous.  Mac couldn't hold the jock of the guy who can't hold Josh's jock

Colorful and 100% accurate.

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

On the flip side, none of those plays worked snd they still dominated them in time of possession and yards. We all get nervous because it’s the Pats, but there was never really a doubt (at least in my mind) that the Bills were going to win, especially after that first half

They did dominate them in those areas. But all that matters are points on the scoreboard. Pats were in it til the end which shouldn’t have been the case 

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I gotta say this game was wayyyy closer than it needed to be. Thank God our offense was clutch all day. Defense didn’t really do much at all outside of the interception early on. 

the players are what won, and kept the game close. There were so many missed opportunities that would have been backbreakers for the Pats. 

1) Moss slip at the goal line and the Sanders drop

2) Kumerow drop

3) Daryl Williams being downfield on Knox TD

4) Levi dropped INT

If a single one of those plays are made we probably end up steam-rolling then because Mac would then have to throw constantly. 

as well as Josh played, McKenzie came up huge for us. He gets my MVP 

Pats were the # 1 scoring D coming into the game and bills had a beat up OL and missing 2 key WRs, plus their All pro CB1 . I think Davis catches that Kumerow TD pass. I think Tre gets that pick. Lots of reasons but no excuses, they found a way. 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Allen, McKenzie Singletary and for The most part the defense I thought played very well. Very concerned about how Edmonds has been playing. 

I wish he was nastier, he had only one big hit on a WR today. On one blitz the RB easily stopped him right on his tracks, he needs to keep those feet moving, use his size to his advantage. 

Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a very happy new year to the TBD family 

a little evil hoodie presser for you holiday delight. W

https://www.patriots.com/video/bill-belichick-12-26-we-just-didn-t-perform-well-enough-to-have-a-chance-to-win

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

My wife and I received a brand new large screen TV for Christmas from our kids. So I stayed off the board and watched the game on the new TV. Glorious! All around good day!

And bonus you weren't compelled to throw a remote through it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, hemma said:

Dawkins - Bates - Morse - Williams -  Brown

It’s definitely not broke, so don’t break it!

Even starting combo of Brown, Ike, Morse, Bates, and Williams played really well until Ike got hurt. Let Feliciano be the backup center when he comes back. Give Bates a chance going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I'm going to be a crybaby here. I just sat through halftime of kc pitt for them to talk about the Bills and- nothing. This is after sitting through the 1st half on NFLN with no Bills highlights. At least 2x on NFLN they said they were going to show early games.

It's all good.  Stay humble and hungry.

• Haha (+1) 1

I am both relieved and extremely happy.  

McD had them ready.  We started great and never looked back. We won in every phase of the game.  

With all the injuries and Covid related losses this could have been a bad game but there were no excuses. “Next Man Up” worked this week. 

McKenzie and Bates both really stepped up.  Getting Dawkins back was huge. Allen had another MVP type game. 

Need to focus on Atlanta.  They will be tough. 

A Christmas win feels so good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Let me tell you the best thing Josh Allen did all day that lead them to victory: 

- it wasn’t the laser TD to Diggs. 

- it wasn’t the 4th down juke and scramble

- it wasn’t the countless needles he pinned on the money to guys in stride

- it wasn’t overcoming drops by multiple players

- it wasn’t converting clutch 3rd and longs all day. 

The best thing that Allen did all day, was take the quick and easy throws to Singletary without hesitation. 

Allen made highlight play after highlight play. This dude is FUN. But it must be mentioned how patient and poised he remained early on, which lead to success from the start. And they never looked back 

Completely agree. I liked the scheme change to getting the running backs to the middle to catch checkdowns against the blitz instead of keeping them into block and liked Josh Allen taking those early and quick. 

The name of the game is efficiency. 

• Like (+1) 2

Kudos to Daboll who took full advantage of Belichick’s tendencies to take away your best players and make you live or die with lesser options. I think the all 22 will show Diggs and Knox were their focus and Daboll did a great job of scheming open McKittrick and having Motor available over the middle as an outlet. Belichick never countered as evidenced by not having to punt the entire game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.