Bills Covid List: Players and coaches

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Saints, Texans  Chargers have long lists.  

Interesting. So why isn't the NFL postponing those games? They're just making stuff up as they go? Was there any official rule that came out regarding the three games that were postponed last week? Like "x" number of players on the list would trigger a postponement? But postponing was dumb anyways because hardly any players made it back from the list with the extra two days.

• Agree 1

Just read on Yahoo Sports that the league's chief medical officer determined asymptomatic people are not spreading the virus through the teams/league.  Good, maybe we can get back to normal football before half our team suddenly goes on the list right in time for the playoffs.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Just read on Yahoo Sports that the league's chief medical officer determined asymptomatic people are not spreading the virus through the teams/league.  Good, maybe we can get back to normal football before half our team suddenly goes on the list right in time for the playoffs.

I hope that is true, but part of me is skeptical that the league's guy made a determination that will benefit the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I hope that is true, but part of me is skeptical that the league's guy made a determination that will benefit the league.

The whole worldwide medical community is waiting for the NFL to determine this. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

no variant has killed even 1% of its hosts.  99% survival of hosts will never result in the virus burning out because it killed its hosts. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

Wow that’s massive! Why is a Lamar out? Covid or injury? 

Injury. Ankle. 

He's had a really odd season this year. Barely practicing due to "illness" or "personal" reasons. Seeing a lot more players across the league get those designations then I can ever remember. Starting to think some players have some lingering COVID after effects and that's the way teams are masking that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Injury. Ankle. 

He's had a really odd season this year. Barely practicing due to "illness" or "personal" reasons. Seeing a lot more players across the league get those designations then I can ever remember. Starting to think some players have some lingering COVID after effects and that's the way teams are masking that.

Lamar has has Covid 2x so it isn't far fetched that he may have some lingerjng issues. But he definitely has an ankle injury.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, finn said:

This might end up being an asterisk season. 

If I can’t get an exemption for the lost players I’ve got in my fantasy football playoff, then no asterisk. Whoever wins it, wins it. That’s the team that put together the best season in the 2021/22 football season. An  * belongs next to the patriots with deflate gate and spy gate.

edit: not that fantasy dictates the league, it was just the comparison that came to mind as I have Ekeler, Gabe and Cook on my team.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

Prayers for RB Rhamondre Stevenson of the Patriots as he must really be at death’s very doorstep to make it on the Patriots Covid List … as that is reserved normally for 3rd stringers, guys on IR, and the Ball Boy only. All other Patriots are required to have clean tests per the Belechick ;) Covid Protocol.

My understanding is we can't activate him now...even if he tests out tomorrow.  

Had to be by 4pm today. 

Maybe I'm wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Huh?  This doesn't make sense to me.

Cheifs activated kelce even though he's still in covid protocol 

53 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

My understanding is we can't activate him now...even if he tests out tomorrow.  

Had to be by 4pm today. 

Maybe I'm wrong. 

Cheifs activated kelce even though he's still in covid protocol 

Um, I don’t think they can do that.  

Yes, we can activate a player tomorrow am but it’s harder for an Away game ‘cuz he can’t travel with the team until cleared

I think the confusion lies between activation from IR/elevation from the practice squad and activation from Covid list

On 12/24/2021 at 12:32 PM, WotAGuy said:

My doctor told me I could test positive for up to three months after having Covid. I wonder how many of these vaxed guys with Covid are actually testing negative twice in a row afterwards.  

Is there the same 10-day waiting period if they continue to test positive?

Yes, that’s the point of the 10-day isolation period, to allow a fair confidence that a guy who is still testing positive isn’t infectious (shedding dead virus)

On 12/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I asked this in another thread and apparently there’s some threshold number that comes back with your test and if you are under that amount the nfl considers the test negative 

Great luck with what random vaccinated players the nfl decides to test lol I think everyone is getting this one…if one guy on the team has it most of the team probably does.  They really should come out and say ‘we’re only focusing on symptomatic cases’ or postpone this season honestly this whole singling out random people system doesn’t make any sense 

Dr Allen Sills says they aren’t seeing spread within the facility in the teams that have gone to “enhanced protocols”.  I linked and posted excerpts from a transcript of a media session, but that’s basically what’s behind the NFL’s policy pivot.  They don’t think they can keep it out of the facility, but they think they can keep it from spreading.

I’m dubious, but they’re the folks with the data.

Of course if the guys get together outside the facility and hang out normally, all bets are off. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Untreated bubonic plague is estimated to kill 30%-90% of those it infects. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague

It didn't become less deadly.  It was still happily killing people in 1900's San Francisco.  We controlled it because of public health measures - quarantine of infected people,  rat and flea control, and eventually antibiotics and supportive treatment.

The relationship between virulence and zoonosis is a bit more complicated than the above implies, and an intermediate host/gene mutations are often involved.  The "black death" plague is believed to have become more deadily because of a single gene mutation. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms8487

or if you like lighter reading

https://www.medicaldaily.com/bubonic-plague-wasnt-always-so-deadly-mutation-made-disease-so-lethal-358716

Not gonna go into putative Sars-Cov-2 origins here Nopenope No

The question is: how much of Dion did we get back?  What shape is he in?

I HOPE he's a "massive addition"!!!!! the last time he had Covid he reportedly lost 15 lbs!

It was a blurry cropped in photo. But Dawk looked svelt. Hope he didn't have symptoms, and spent his time off doing serious cardio. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.