Bills Covid List: Players and coaches

YoloinOhio

current state - will try to keep updated with date they went on list and vax status if known, as guys go on and come off 

Players —

unvaxxed

Cole Beasley 12/21 - will likely be back for Atlanta 

Gabe Davis 12/24 - will be out for Atlanta, likely back for Jets 

vaxxed 

Jon Feliciano 12/19

Not sure

cody Ford 12/24

Quintin Morris 12/22

AJ Epenesa 12/20

Mike Love 12/20

Tre White (season-ending IR) 12/24

Cam Lewis 12/27

Coaches (vax required)

ST coordinator Heath Farwell 12/24

DL coach Eric Washington 12/24

Reminder:

unvaxxed - on the list for 10 days

Vaxxed - vaccinated player who is asymptomatic after testing positive for the virus can return to team activities with two negative tests that may be taken concurrently as soon as the next day.

Note- anyone who had already been on the list this season, quarantined, and tested out (I.e. Trubisky, Dawkins, Star, Klein, etc) are out of the testing pool for 90 days following their first positive test 

https://www.cbs42.com/news/health/coronavirus/nfl-and-players-agree-to-new-covid-protocols-amid-flood-of-positive-tests/amp/

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

My doctor told me I could test positive for up to three months after having Covid. I wonder how many of these vaxed guys with Covid are actually testing negative twice in a row afterwards.  

Is there the same 10-day waiting period if they continue to test positive?

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

current state - will try to keep updated with date they went on list and vac status of known, as guys go on and come off 

Players —

unvaxxed

Cole Beasley 12/21 - will be out for NE and likely be back for Atlanta 

Gabe Davis 12/24 - will be out for NE and Atlanta 

vaxxed 

Jon Feliciano 12/19

Dion Dawkins 12/17

Not sure

cody Ford 12/24

Quintin Morris 12/22

AJ Epenesa 12/20

Mike Love 12/20

Coaches (vax required)

Reminder:

Vaxxed - vaccinated player who is asymptomatic after testing positive for the virus can return to team activities with two negative tests that may be taken concurrently as soon as the next day.

Are we sure Davis is still unvaxxed?

19 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

My doctor told me I could test positive for up to three months after having Covid. I wonder how many of these vaxed guys with Covid are actually testing negative twice in a row afterwards.  

I asked this in another thread and apparently there’s some threshold number that comes back with your test and if you are under that amount the nfl considers the test negative 

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is just the beginning with this, and it certainly won't be limited to the Bills.

The SB champion will be largely decided by great luck with COVID this year.

Without it, there's no way any team will win it all.

Great luck with what random vaccinated players the nfl decides to test lol I think everyone is getting this one…if one guy on the team has it most of the team probably does.  They really should come out and say ‘we’re only focusing on symptomatic cases’ or postpone this season honestly this whole singling out random people system doesn’t make any sense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Thanks for the info. Not certain, but didn’t they recently change the rule so vaxxed players who tested positive and were asymptomatic could return after just one negative test? Also I think vaxxed players who were sympathetic could be cleared following a negative test following 24 hours of being symptom free.

Edited by Bleedbuffaloblue
Added info.

21 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Thanks for the info. Not certain, but didn’t they recently change the rule so vaxxed players who tested positive and were asymptomatic could return after just one negative test? Also I think vaxxed players who were sympathetic could be cleared following a negative test following 24 hours of being symptom free.

Under the previous protocols, a vaccinated individual who tests positive for COVID-19 has to produce two negative tests 24 hours apart before being cleared to return. The new protocols relax that requirement and could enable teams such as the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams and Washington Football Team to get some players back for this weekend's games.

In creating the new return-to-play protocols, the NFL and NFLPA focused on a new metric that measures the viral load of a player, known as the "cycle threshold" (CT). In essence, the CT value can measure whether a player is still contagious, even if in some cases he would still test positive on a traditional test.

That testing can begin as soon as one day after the initial positive and could significantly shorten the amount of time a vaccinated player spends away from the team facility.

There are now three ways for a vaccinated player to return under the new protocols:

• Two PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests that are either negative or produce a CT value of 35 or greater.

• One PCR test that is either negative or produces a CT value of 35 or greater, and a negative Mesa test result taken with 24 hours of the PCR test. (Mesa tests usually return results in less than an hour.)

• Two negative Mesa tests.

According to NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills, previous NFL test analysis has shown that players with CT values at the level of 35 or higher do not transmit COVID-19 and thus would not be contagious.

Link won’t embed but this is ESPN.com

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Recall after the Aaron Rodgers saga him bringing up that once he was positive, he'll no longer be tested for the next three months.  He brought this up in the context of "See I told you the NFL rules are stupid"

3 minutes ago, chaccof said:

Tried to find the Patriots Covid list but no luck.  Anyone have that?  Or are they Covid free?

This is from Tuesday, so it may well not be up to date info. now:

The Patriots placed four players on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, wide receiver Kendrick Bourne, and linebackers Harvey Langi, Cameron McGrone, and Ronnie Perkins.

They join Patriots tight end Dalton Keene and guard Yasir Durant on a growing designation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/4-patriots-placed-covid-19-194133253.html

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

current state - will try to keep updated with date they went on list and vax status if known, as guys go on and come off 

Players —

unvaxxed

Cole Beasley 12/21 - will be out for NE and likely be back for Atlanta 

Gabe Davis 12/24 - will be out for NE and Atlanta 

vaxxed 

Jon Feliciano 12/19

Dion Dawkins 12/17

Not sure

cody Ford 12/24

Quintin Morris 12/22

AJ Epenesa 12/20

Mike Love 12/20

Tre White (season-ending IR) 12/24

Coaches (vax required)

Reminder:

About 90% that Dion doesn’t make it back by Sunday.  That would be 9 days which falls in line with most cases. Only 20% of players with COVID return sooner than 10 days

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I presume that means Buffalo's offensive line versus New England will be Spencer, Boettger, Morse, Bates and Williams.  Hart and Doyle are the reserves.  Ouch.  The good news (and it's not much) is that Spencer Brown will have had a week of practice at left tackle whereas last week he was thrust into the role after the team had already finished game preparations for the week.  Heaven forbid someone goes down during the game, or someone else turns up positive between now and Sunday afternoon.

15 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Maybe McD surprises everyone and Gabe test negative twice before the game and plays.

He's unvaccinated.  I really don't think the insider sources that revealed that info are wrong.  Gabe Davis will miss the Patriots game, and probably the following week because of the 10 day requirement for unvaccinated players

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Rhamondre Stevenson and Nelson Algholor both ruled out. Damien Harris QST with the hamstring still, even if he plays he will be far from 100%

This helps even out the loss of Davis and Beasley. Our O-line is trouble though. We can game plan to cover up some problems there. But we wont have a lot of long passes. Both teams will dink and dunk

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks for posting.  A lot more guys on the list the last 2 days.   At this rate today and tomorrow the list will grow.  Saints, Texans  Chargers have long lists.  

6 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Rhamondre Stevenson and Nelson Algholor both ruled out. Damien Harris QST with the hamstring still, even if he plays he will be far from 100%

Rhamondre Stevenson did a fair amount of damage to the Bills in the last game.  He's big and powerful with decent athleticism.  Buffalo's defense runs a little light with their predominant use of a nickel lineup.  That makes them vulnerable to big backs with power, especially when they have athleticism added to it.  As far as Agholor is concerned, he's a starting caliber receiver with the potential to hurt any opponent.  Being able to face a Patriot offense without Agholor mitigates the loss of Tre White.

I don't know that those losses will have the same level of impact on the Patriot offense that losing 40% of a mediocre offensive line and a receiver with high end potential like Gabe Davis.  Buffalo is up against it tomorrow, and Sean McDermott is going to have to do the coaching job of his life in order for the Bills to pull off a win.

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Phil's question is a good one. And he makes a good point.

It's just a little too early for that kind of talk.

Omicron was identified just a month ago. It is well established that it is far more transmissible than Delta. We have good reason to believe that it is less lethal in South Africa (but the South African population is not the U.S. population, and it may have had far greater exposure to earlier variants, conferring some immune advantage), and some reason to believe that in certain European countries. But a month is only a month .... before people jump all over me with "oh, yeah, it was 15 days, then 2 years, and now you want to wait just a few months more" ... yes, maybe a couple months more. It could have a different disease progression, impacting lungs/other organ systems after a longer time than previous variants, etc.

I hope the news stays encouraging. Before Omicron I was tending toward "max vaccination, eliminate all other restrictions" as the best approach. I'm still there, but maybe with pumping the brakes a bit until we see how this unfolds. No one would have thought a month of close observation would have been sufficient before approving one of the vaccines. To me the same logic applies to a "let omicron rip" approach now.

I think the answer is they don't know whether it's showing such mild symptoms because of it's ability to infect vaccinated/already infected people with some extra protection or if because it is simply less virulent. With a factor of 15, this variant is now the 2nd most infectious virus next to measles (factor 18)

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think the answer is they don't know whether it's showing such mild symptoms because of it's ability to infect vaccinated/already infected people with some extra protection or if because it is simply less virulent. With a factor of 15, this variant is now the 2nd most infectious virus next to measles (factor 18)

I think the Ro is being overestimated for {reasons}.  That statement has been made and publicized by media, but UK estimates differ.

Otherwise, exactly - there are significant differences between SA and UK and US demographics in terms of age, vaccination status, and prior infection, so we need a bit of time to sort this out. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reminder:

BRILLIANT !! 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

incredible numbers that doesn’t include all the coaches and staff that are also fully vaxxed. What’s going on? So strange, things aren’t adding up. 

Complaining about getting a mild case of Covid after being vaxxed is equivalent to buying a bulletproof vest, getting shot 5 times, surviving, then complaining that the bullets left bruises on your chest.

The vaccines were designed to keep people out of the hospital and the morgue, and that's exactly what they are doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.