Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Didn't Tim Graham catch a lot of flack for saying back in August that Covid was the #1 thing that could derail the Bills season?

Did COVID cause us to lose to the Pats the first time? Or the Jags?

Tim Graham deservedly caused flack because EVERY TEAM is getting derailed by COVID. Nice call.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm gonna respond to this, because I see a lot of people starting with our own Jon Feliciano on Twitter, sharing this belief and there's Need to Know.

1) Most of the monoclonal antibody therapies have greatly reduced effectiveness against Omicron. Monoclonal means "one clone" ie, a single antibody recognizing a specific amino acid binding site on the spike protein.  The same mutations that make the antibodies raised by vaccines against the original strain less effective at preventing infection, greatly reduce effectiveness for the mAb therapies. 1000x for Regeneron (Casirivimab and Imdevimab).  3000x for Lilly (Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab).  GSK Sotrovimab still works (only 2.7x lower) - for now.

Feliciano may have had Delta - we don't know - and hopefully this treatment has worked well for him. Additionally worth mentioning, in clinical trials the Regeneron treatment reduced hospitalizations/deaths by 70%. That is a really positive result, but it's not 100% effective either in the sense of "knocking it out in 2 days" automatically.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Feliciano may have had Delta - we don't know - and hopefully this treatment has worked well for him. Additionally worth mentioning, in clinical trials the Regeneron treatment reduced hospitalizations/deaths by 70%. That is a really positive result, but it's not 100% effective either in the sense of "knocking it out in 2 days" automatically.

That was actually my thought when I read his "went home, took a nap, now I feel GREAT" tweet "guess you must have Delta"  LOL

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep.

Also wondering if we might see Tanner Gentry or Isaiah Hodgins activated from the PS

Go 5.  Diggs, Sanders, Mckenzie, Kumerow, Stevenson.  Kumerow does the Davis stuff in the run game and play action.  Mckenzie to the slot.  Wildcard imo is Stevenson.  He can bring that John Brown speed the team hasnt shown all year.  Im not overly concerned still.  Buffalo is deep at wr.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

If Sanders plays AND can be effective, then we can get by at WR.  We essentially have only one TE that is even worth a damm.  

Now look at the OL without Dawkins, Feliciano, and Ford.  It’s not pretty. It’s gonna take great defense and ST, a dramatic improvement in penalties and negative plays, and winning the turnovers.  

We can win, it will be an epic effort though.  Something the 2021 Bills have not had yet.  

The Bills mantra is "next man up", that they have "full confidence" in the other players and will rely on them to fill the same roles.

I think that's BS and if the Bills rely on it, we're gonna lose.

It seems to me it's going to take Daboll and his assistants crafting a game plan that caters to the strengths and weaknesses of the OL and the WR we have remaining on the field (I hope we have them remaining on the field) to get us through.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Do what our parents did 40 years ago when they had us play with the kid on the block with chicken pox so we could get it out the way.  Have the whole team hang out with the symptomatic guys and we’ll have 90% back by the Atlanta game and 100% for Jets and playoffs.  

Shingles says "Hi!"

PS my parents didn't do that, and most of us can see a few differences between chicken pox and covid

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Think it's cool that elders and diabetics and immunosuppressed people might go without so athletes who don't wanna vaccinate can get them?   I don't.

👏

Fantastic comment, start to finish. I just want to highlight this one part.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'm much more worried about this offensive line than I am over any skill positions.

I disagree.

Other than Dawkins, the guys who are out on the O line haven't been strong performers this year or any other year. You are replacing a replacement-level player with ... you guessed it, by definition a replacement level player.

It really hurts to lose both Beasley and Davis. If Sanders is reasonably healthy and is a go, well, that means the drop-off for at least one of them isn't that great. I am not looking forward to Marquez Stevenson getting his first real game action in a critical late December matchup ...

FYI WGR said on air today Davis was unvaxxed. 

Regardless of your political or health views:

1) players who aren’t vaxxed have a higher risk of missing more playing time based on science and the rules set forth by their employer. They have willingly put their team in a probable position to lose more man games.
2) Their employer is trying to protect the player’s health and used objective data showing 90%+ of hospitalizations are non-vaxxed. 

3) Let’s use Beasley COVID genius logic for this weeks game plan and go with what works 10% of the time… A) let’s onside kick every kickoff. B) let’s run on every 3rd and 10 C) let’s go for it in every 4th and 15 regardless of field position. D) Let’s kick 60 yard field goals every chance we get.

I am being absurd to prove a point, to complain about vaccination and then not understand that you are have a higher potential to negatively impact your team is a joke. This week is the most important week of the season and how many of these guys may not have tested positive if they were vaxxed? 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Football players don't make their own choices on their medical care. They follow the advice of the team physician. If Dawson Knox had decided that instead of following the recommended treatment for his fractured hand, he was going to consult with an acupuncturist, you would have been cool with that? You think it's okay that Michael Thomas made his own medical choice against the recommendation of his team's physicians and missed a whole season because of it? We're not talking about Joe the plumber. These are professional athletes who get paid millions of dollars to put their body on the line and do everything in their power to be available for their team.

While I understand your argument,  yes I'm ok with them making personal decisions about their medical treatment. 

At the end of the day for better or worse they have to live with it for a lifetime.

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Locomark said:

1) players who aren’t vaxxed have a higher risk of missing more playing time based on science and the rules set forth by their employer. They have willingly put their team in a probable position to lose more man games.
2) Their employer is trying to protect the player’s health and used objective data showing 90%+ of hospitalizations are non-vaxxed. 

3) Let’s use Beasley COVID genius logic for this weeks game plan and go with what works 10% of the time… A) let’s onside kick every kickoff. B) let’s run on every 3rd and 10 C) let’s go for it in every 4th and 15 regardless of field position. D) Let’s kick 60 yard field goals every chance we get.

I am being absurd to prove a point, to complain about vaccination and then not understand that you are have a higher potential to negatively impact your team is a joke. This week is the most important week of the season and how many of these guys may not have tested positive if they were vaxxed? 

I was just thinking how utterly predictable this all was from way back in August, down to the actual players involved based on their public statements on the vaccine. 

Sad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Other than Dawkins, the guys who are out on the O line haven't been strong performers this year or any other year. You are replacing a replacement-level player with ... you guessed it, by definition a replacement level player.

It really hurts to lose both Beasley and Davis. If Sanders is reasonably healthy and is a go, well, that means the drop-off for at least one of them isn't that great. I am not looking forward to Marquez Stevenson getting his first real game action in a critical late December matchup ...

I understand your point, but I think RT and RG are problems.  Williams was the backup at RT (bumped down the depth chart by Brown). 

Ford or Feliciano were the backups at RG (bumped down the depth chart by Williams).

Boettger was the backup to Feliciano at LG. 

So at this point, we're playing backups at 4 positions on OL.  Now I grant that the Starters haven't been all-stars, but they were starting because they won the job over the guys who are playing now

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

you make good points if players are saying they didn't realize being unvaxed could hurt the team.  But, this is only the most important week because this team did not show up fully for all 60 min of multiple other games this season. 

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

I think this comment stretches credibility just a bit.  Given the violent nature of football and the demographic (young health adults) the players make up, covid is probably the least dangerous thing they face in the pursuit of their careers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your point, but I think RT and RG are problems.  Williams was the backup at RT (bumped down the depth chart by Brown). 

Ford or Feliciano were the backups at RG (bumped down the depth chart by Williams).

Boettger was the backup to Feliciano at LG. 

So at this point, we're playing backups at 4 positions on OL.  Now I grant that the Starters haven't been all-stars, but they were starting because they won the job over the guys who are playing now

I’m worried, I really hope we get the ball out of josh hands fast. BB is going to take diggs away for sure now, it’s going to be tough 

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not much of a difference when vaxxed players are still missing 1-2 games.  

Cole likely only misses one game.  It’s more about timing. 

Timing is key, and so is being vaxxed. This isn't that difficult.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Given the NFL’s track record on concussions and TBI, a player would be correct to be skeptical at the notion the NFL is concerned with their long-term health and wellbeing.  Their short term on-field availability this season, and improving the chances overall of on-field availability for players and coaches, Sure.

Note that I’m not suggesting being vaccinated isn’t conducive to both long and short term well being - to the contrary.

I’m just pointing out that if I were a player, I would have cause to regard the notion that the NFL is trying to protect my health with a strong degree of suspicion. 

Probably not the place to get into general statistics about hospitalizations and such, and yeah I do think it’s a bit of an absurd analogy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, galept said:

Horribly disappointing. Davis has had all kinds of shots in his life, and blows to his head, but this vaccination is where he draws the line for some horribly illogical reason.

I don't know how he can look at his teammates, his coaches, and the fans, and be proud of his decision.

I'd love to line up these anti-vaxxers (and that is what they are) and have them list every drug they've ingested and injection they've had and have them explain their reasoning and expertise on each and every one.

But letting down their teammates over this makes perfect sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'd love to line up these anti-vaxxers (and that is what they are) and have them list every drug they've ingested and injection they've had and have them explain their reasoning and expertise on each and every one.

But letting down their teammates over this makes perfect sense. 

You would like that wouldn’t you? Heaven forbid someone be resistant to taking a drug that hasn’t even been out for more than a year.  His teammates are still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, I’m sure they’re not overly concerned.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

You would like that wouldn’t you? Heaven forbid someone be resistant to taking a drug that hasn’t even been out for more than a year.  His teammates are still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, I’m sure they’re not overly concerned.

Yes I would.  I have faith in the millions of doctors who support it and have gotten vaccinated (approximately 98%) over the mesa candidates Davis & Beasley. 

Of course, when us "sheep" are all walking zombies, you'll have the last laugh.....😜

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes I would.  I have faith in the millions of doctors who support it and have gotten vaccinated (approximately 98%) over the mesa candidates Davis & Beasley. 

Of course, when us "sheep" are all walking zombies, you'll have the last laugh.....😜

I’m fully vaccinated don’t bring that ***** my way, I just love how everybody owes you answers

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I’m fully vaccinated don’t bring that ***** my way, I just love how everybody owes you answers

You're right, they don't owe me answers, but frustrating that thye have put themselves in a situation that is costing the Bills, their teammates & yes way down the list, their fans.

Yes I think it is no big deal to get the vaccination and you are protecting more then just yourself.  It is the bigger picture I'm looking at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I think they're concerned as it relates to them not being able to play tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You're right, they don't owe me answers, but frustrating that thye have put themselves in a situation that is costing the Bills, their teammates & yes way down the list, their fans.

Yes I think it is no big deal to get the vaccination and you are protecting more then just yourself.  It is the bigger picture I'm looking at.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think they're concerned as it relates to them not being able to play tomorrow

I’m sorry woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, merry Christmas guys. This is a discussion for another day

• Agree 1