Bills at Patriots: Predict the Score

Giuseppe Tognarelli

On 12/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick's record off of losses has been widely discussed, he's known to use bulletin board material, it's true that the Bills have sucked in swing games, the record in national windows has been abysmal, and our record in blue pants is abysmal... all legitimate stuff, as dumb as it may seem.

The bolded is purely superstition.  I think we're in white pants anyways.  We're 5-1 coming off losses this year.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick's record off of losses has been widely discussed, he's known to use bulletin board material, it's true that the Bills have sucked in swing games, the record in national windows has been abysmal, and our record in blue pants is abysmal... all legitimate stuff, as dumb as it may seem.

Yes but since Allen won in NE last year, he should have confidence right?  

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The bolded is purely superstition.  I think we're in white pants anyways.  We're 5-1 coming off losses this year.

I honestly don't think you can say it's superstition. This iteration of the Bills (2019 to present) is 1-6 (.143) in these games and 30-9 (.769) in all other games. When something stands out that significantly, you have to consider the possibility that there's something to it.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I honestly don't think you can say it's superstition. This iteration of the Bills (2019 to present) is 1-6 (.143) in these games and 30-9 (.769) in all other games. When something stands out that significantly, you have to consider the possibility that there's something to it.

Blue pants?  Superstition.  We smoked them in them last year.

We were 3-4 against the spread in those games you mentioned so obviously the quality of opponent was higher.  The Bucs covered because of OT.  That's not a trend.

If both teams were at even strength I would have given the Bills a slight edge to win this game. As it is with Beasley and likely Davis out plus the ramshackle O line the Pats should take this in a close one say 24-20. I can predict there will definitely be at least one head scratching penalty on the Bills that will either kill a drive by the O or keep a Pats drive alive for a score. Hoping they can take the following two games against the Jests and the Pigeons and slip into the playoffs at 10-7. Maybe if everyone gets back at the same time they can make a run.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PolishDave said:

You had me until degenerate drunk.   All my best friends are degenerate drunks!   Yet I hate Bob Craft and the Orientals that tickle his willie!

Wait.  Lying about the Orientals.

I'm an always recovering degenerate drunk.... lol thirteen long years.  Kraft is the guy who cracks a bottle of mana and thinks he can handle a whiskey or two.  I used the mana as a chaser for the whiskey and vodka or brandy back in my younger days lol.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

BUF 13

NE 24

I think there's a lot running against the Bills in this game, and unless there is any significant change on the Covid front, I would consider a win to be one of the very most impressive of the McDermott regime. I hope to death I'm wrong about this, but I envision:

• The NE defensive scheme wreaking havoc on the Bills' offensive line, with the rookie Brown at left tackle and several other positions shifted like last week
  • Allen committing a couple of turnovers due to the necessitation of hero mode, which will lead to NE points despite a lackluster NE offensive effort

To beat NE, you have to play almost perfectly, and I have a hard time envisioning the Bills doing that with the OL situation being what it is.

Of course, the Beasley absence/Covid distraction that we all thought would come at some point is here at the worst of times, and I think this is also at least a mild factor to consider.

Other things potentially going against the Bills:

• Patriots/Belichick coming off of a loss
  • Belichick mad about McDermott not crediting him after MNF game
  • I can't remember the last time the Bills won a big swing game like this, when a win vs. a loss makes such a massive difference to the team's prospects
  • The Bills have struggled mightily in Sunday afternoon games broadcasted to a large, non-regional audience, going 1-6 since 2019 (see below)*
  • Blue pants are still a possibility as of this writing, although they did wear them last year in the big win at NE

*Here is how the Bills have fared since 2019 in Sunday afternoon games broadcasted to large, non-regional audiences:

2021, Week 14: @ TB, L

2021, Week 1: PIT, L
2020, Week 10: @ ARI, L
2020, Week 4: @ LV, W

2019, Week 14: BAL, L

2019, Week 8: PHI, L
2019, Week 4: NE, L

Tell me again why you even bother posting all you do is trash this team like stick for the Pats or Dolphins or Jets if you hate them so much 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tell me again why you even bother posting all you do is trash this team like stick for the Pats or Dolphins or Jets if you hate them so much 

Giving an honest prediction is not trashing the team. I am as big a Bills fan as they come. I just try to look at things realistically.

Unfortunately:

Cheats 31

Bills 21

Dabol has yet to put together a balanced gameplan that plays on our strengths. This game has the feel like he’s is going to try to outsmart the Dark Lord Bellicheat but will end up looking like Mr. Coach Kline.

i really hope I am wrong.

Edited by JDubya76

20 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Giving an honest prediction is not trashing the team. I am as big a Bills fan as they come. I just try to look at things realistically.

Lots of people (most?) here do not operate as you do.

They are here to function as a cheerleader for the Bills, and offer thoughtless enthusiasm.

If someone wants to do that sort of thing, that's cool, but take it to a Bills Booster Club site, if there is one, where everyone is there to do the same thing and everyone knows the game plan.

I thought this forum was for discussing topics regarding the Bills, good, bad, or indifferent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Lots of people (most?) here do not operate as you do.

They are here to function as a cheerleader for the Bills, and offer thoughtless enthusiasm.

If someone wants to do that sort of thing, that's cool, but take it to a Bills Booster Club site, if there is one, where everyone is there to do the same thing and everyone knows the game plan.

I thought this forum was for discussing topics regarding the Bills, good, bad, or indifferent.

Excellent post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:31 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The way some of these losses have happened though this season points more to that statistic is going to even out imo 

On 12/24/2021 at 11:41 AM, entropyrules said:

If both teams were at even strength I would have given the Bills a slight edge to win this game. As it is with Beasley and likely Davis out plus the ramshackle O line the Pats should take this in a close one say 24-20. I can predict there will definitely be at least one head scratching penalty on the Bills that will either kill a drive by the O or keep a Pats drive alive for a score. Hoping they can take the following two games against the Jests and the Pigeons and slip into the playoffs at 10-7. Maybe if everyone gets back at the same time they can make a run.

Dawkins is back…offensive line is much less ramshackle than last week. Call me crazy I just don’t see the pats taking two against us I think this was always going to be a split. We’re +1.5 on the road the betting public doesn’t see the pats as this powerhouse team that most on here do 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.