Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That's my point.   They're is not depth.  McKenzie imo, is one of the most overrated players on this team.   He's a gadget player that doesn't produce.  1 rushing TD and a 5.4 yards/rec average.  38 yards receiving.  A difference maker how?

Davis has been the most criminally underutilized receiver I’ve seen in the league this year so things could definitely be worse…missing your starting wr2 and slot guy and you can still roll with diggs-Davis-McKenzie is pretty good depth imo but maybe I have too much faith in McKenzie that’s certainly possible 

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Absolutely.   He's played so well.  So well he's been benched and his numbers are amazing 👏 

McKenzie’s never been the starter, so I’m not sure how you can say he was “benched”.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think it's "inevitable", but I think it's very likely given the NFL's change in policy to only test players with self-reported symptoms.

They are betting the season on the belief that asymptomatic players won't be contagious.

It's only Tuesday.

Tell me about it,  i would just look at quarantine for some of the top players.  End of the day we need this game Sunday and we could easily win final two games with some backups.  I would keep Allen/Diggs out or let them work on passes away from the team,  too much on the line

4 minutes ago, Success said:

If we have Diggs, Knox & Davis, we're fine. There will be a drop-off, but we have capable receivers who can fill in for Beasley.

This is not the end of the world.  I'm more concerned about headlines that we might see in the next few days.  The attrition needs to stay relatively even.

Ya but if it spreads thru reciever room we done.  Go sign brown just in Case 

Josh Allen is probably the easiest qb to play wr for lol the play breaks down instantly because our oline is garbage and josh runs around in circles until someone’s defender drops them in coverage because they decided ‘no way josh can make that throw’ 😂 so who knows maybe Stevenson or somebody absolutely goes off lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PolishDave said:

Bears 15 players out

Browns 21 players out

Houston 14

Detroit 11

Chiefs 11

Giants 12

etc.....

Unreal.

If they tested everyone vaxxed it would be so much worse…I wonder what percentage of vaxxed guys they’re testing are getting positive tests…they’ll never tell us that lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That's my point.   They're is not depth.  McKenzie imo, is one of the most overrated players on this team.   He's a gadget player that doesn't produce.  1 rushing TD and a 5.4 yards/rec average.  38 yards receiving.  A difference maker how?

He hasn't even been used at all on offense this season like he was last year. So it's a little difficult to produce when there's very few or any at all opportunities. He did come in for Bease when he got dinged up, 1st play he's in makes tough 1st down catch in traffic between 2 defenders. Did you somehow overlook that ?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

He hasn't even been used at all on offense this season like he was last year. So it's a little difficult to produce when there's very few or any at all opportunities. He did come in for Bease when he got dinged up, 1st play he's in makes tough 1st down catch in traffic between 2 defenders. Did you somehow overlook that ?

Something definitely happened with McKenzie behind the scenes this year I think and we may never find out what it was.  Don’t really have a choice now though if that’s the case McDermott will have to just get over it lol 

I want to see more Jake Kumerow in all honesty. Give Josh bigger targets where he doesn’t have to be pinpoint accurate all the time. Behind this porous line, there are times he can’t use proper footwork to put ball where it needs to be. Someone with a better catch radius may be a plus in this scenario 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Did overlook his 1 catch?  Yes, yes I did.  Gamechanging play.  

Gabriel Davis is the team's true #2 now and I dare say he will prove to be the best #2 they've had since Peerless Price (the first time, with Moulds). 

Dawson Knox becomes more important and the slot receiver, presumably McKenzie, is now the 4th option. I could see Knox getting 8-10 targets. 

Between the injuries, the mantra "the best ability is availability", and being only a $1.5 million cap hit if cut, I think odds are that 2021 is Beasley's last season as a Bill. 

14 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You live under a rock?

Wait, are you talking about McKenzie being replaced as the kick returner when the discussion was about him filling in for Beasley at slot WR?  Try being less insulting... 

6 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Gabriel Davis is the team's true #2 now and I dare say he will prove to be the best #2 they've had since Peerless Price (the first time, with Moulds). 

Dawson Knox becomes more important and the slot receiver, presumably McKenzie, is now the 4th option. I could see Knox getting 8-10 targets. 

Between the injuries, the mantra "the best ability is availability", and being only a $1.5 million cap hit if cut, I think odds are that 2021 is Beasley's last season as a Bill. 

Go back and watch his college film…dude got better each year and at the end, was a machine. I agree, he is going to slide into the 2 spot soon.

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I seriously think every non-vaccinated player will test positive in the coming weeks. Omicron is spreading at a ridiculous rate and unvaccinated players are tested daily.

If the initially reported numbers are correct we are almost out of non-vaccinated players. Of course, there is a good chance that many vaccinated players will also test positive.

Also, best wishes to Cole and hopefully he does not get very sick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

With almost every team impacted, after tonight's games close out week 15 the league should consider postponing week 16, shutting down for a week, and pushing the remainder of the regular season and post season back a week.  But I expect they won't...

This isn't going to clear up in a week. LOL

• Like (+1) 1