Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Hey get it out of the way now.

Once the playoffs start he'll be in a 90 day testing holiday so guaranteed not to miss due to Covid.

Yeah good point. That and as long as he gets through it ok is about the only silver lining. Hopefully he will be one of those with mild or no symptoms

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Who is the teammate in the hospital Beasley refers to in his latest post?

Feliciano maybe? He tweeted he was in the ER

Just now, HappyDays said:

Glad to hear his symptoms aren't bad.

He’s gonna get flamed by the powers that be for that tweet but he’s honestly right…I’m sure there’s plenty of vaxxed players not getting tested that are positive 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Evian said:

The Bills have receivers. Beasley loss hurts depth but should be no real factor in outcome of game.

I thought Bease was irreplaceable last season, but the production hasn’t been there this year. When he has produced, he hasn’t looked like anything special. Plug McKenzie into the role, and see what he can do. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Feliciano maybe? He tweeted he was in the ER

He’s gonna get flamed by the powers that be for that tweet but he’s honestly right…I’m sure there’s plenty of vaxxed players not getting tested that are positive 

All the more reason to get vaccinated.  Ya know, so you don't miss the important game of the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

There's gotta be a better way to get that point across than by saying if it were up to him, he'd play while sick, full well knowing he was infecting others 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I thought Bease was irreplaceable last season, but the production hasn’t been there this year. When he has produced, he hasn’t looked like anything special. Plug McKenzie into the role, and see what he can do. 

Huge opportunity for Lil' Dirty.  If he shines on Sunday, Beas may find his role drastically reduced.  

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Beasley last year was the guy who reliably and consistently moved the chains.  This year, not so much.  I don't know if he's lost a step or if defenses are playing him better or if the rotten O line is not giving Allen time to go through his progressions and find Beasley.  But Knox (with some painful exceptions) seems to have developed into a good, move the chains, kind of TE.  And we have McKenzie.  So we can get by without Beasley.  

Just so you know, Cole has 76 receptions for 640 yds with 33 1st downs. He's played hurt most of the games and is a leader on the team. McKenzie has 7 catches and a devastating unforced fumble against Indy, that turned the game on its head. This guy takes a lot of abuse from fans for his incredible production.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There's gotta be a better way to get that point across than by saying if it were up to him, he'd play while sick, full well knowing he was infecting others 

True, but there are a ton of guys playing with Covid. The NFL does not care about players infecting others. They have made that very clear by their new policy. All they care about is the PR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Just so you know, Cole has 76 receptions for 640 yds with 33 1st downs. He's played hurt most of the games and is a leader on the team. McKenzie has 7 catches and a devastating unforced fumble against Indy, that turned the game on its head. This guy takes a lot of abuse from fans for his incredible production.

Would have been nice to have him Sunday.  I guess Twitter and Instagram will keep him busy until hes cleared to play football again.  We are back to preseason Bills with half the team going off the rails on social media days before we play for the division title.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Well 7 catches is because he rarely has been playing offense, which will change Sunday I expect. 

Reports from the UK is that 90% of those in hospital being treated for Covid are unvaccinated. Good to hear Beasley is fine but the vaccination v treatment approach outlined his reply to Feliciano is stupid to put it mildly. Treatments take longer to implement and also means a hospital bed is taken up to carry them out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Would have been nice to have him Sunday.  I guess Twitter and Instagram will keep him busy until hes cleared to play football again.  We are back to preseason Bills with half the team going off the rails on social media days before we play for the division title.  

Hopefully the other guys should be busy preparing for games and not worrying about Twitter noise.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Glad to hear his symptoms aren't bad.

Blaming the rules which he has been fully aware of all year is an interesting take on accountability.   

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Hopefully the other guys should be busy preparing for games and not worrying about Twitter noise.

By the other guys, do you mean the New England Patriots?  I guarantee you they're focused on football and not debating health policy with nitwits.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Evian said:

True, but there are a ton of guys playing with Covid. The NFL does not care about players infecting others. They have made that very clear by their new policy. All they care about is the PR.

Completely agree.  I'm vaxxed + booster, everyone's personal choice, but NFL is definitely not "equally treating" this situation.

Guidance from all health experts is to self quarantine for 10 days, vaxxed or not, if testing positive.

NFL is too greedy to enforce forfeits, as they said they would prior to season, so easiest solution for them is to handle this in an unfair fashion.

Either:

1. Enforce positive test quarantine equally amongst all players/teams and enforce forfeits OR

2. Drop all testing and covid requirements

Anything in the middle, is just that and provides unfair/inconsistent enforcement of said "rules".  Im not advocating any side, just be fair and consistent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

What do you expect when the unvaccinated are demonized in our politically charged Covid world. All these guys use social media to defend their position. His teammates love him, he's not hurting us.

No, they don't.  Many of them are smarter than that.

Hes not hurting the team? Fooled me.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Process said:

Can we cut these two right after the season? Or do we have to wait until June or something for cap reasons?

What is Feliciano talking about? He was in the hospital? I thought he had an injury? Brutal Beasley is out let’s hope no more players test positive. 

1 minute ago, Special K said:

The worst thing is it’s only Tuesday.....the thought of how many more players might be lost between now and Sunday is an unsettling one.

I literally just said the same exact thing to my wife...Only Tuesday, no telling how many more we may lose between now and weekend. But what ya gona do.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

I'm vaxxed + booster, everyone's personal choice, but NFL is definitely not "equally treating" this situation.

They haven't treated unvaccinated and vaccinated players equally since the start. The complaints that Beasley has now were the same complaints he had in the offseason. Agree with it or not those have been the rules. All of the unvaccinated players have known they were at greater risk of missing games, irrespective of the vaccine's efficacy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

All well and good, but the poster indicated he was OK with McKenzie replacing Cole going forward because he wasn't having a good year.

Ah I see. Well I wouldn't say going all the way forward, but I'm confident in McKenzie taking over for Bease a couple games if needed...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

What is Feliciano talking about? He was in the hospital? I thought he had an injury? Brutal Beasley is out let’s hope no more players test positive. 

Feliciano said he needed to go to the hospital on Sunday for the Covids, out and at a hotel today but got a monoclonal Ab treatment.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can some one please explain the difference to me why if either a vaccinated player or unvaccinated player tests negative that one can play and the other can't or has to wait a extended period of time  ?

If they (vaccinated or unvaccinated) are negative for the virus that means that they don't have it any more correct ??

So what's the deal is it just to punish the guy that decides he doesn't want to get the vaccination (that's what it looks like to me) because if you do as they use to say

"Follow the Science"

And you test negative which the science says if you test negative you no longer have the virus so if you no longer have it you can no longer pass it on because you test negative & no longer have it then why do you need to wait the extra time to play ? 

But then if you do have the vaccine and can still get it & pass it on why do they only have to test once a week wouldn't it make more sense to test every body every day to make sure vaxxed or not that you don't have it ?? 

If you can come up with a reasonable common sense explanation PLEASE dear god PLEASE let me know what it is !! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, HamptonBillsfan said:

How so?. The team supports him, he plays hurt, and 76 grabs for 640 as a slot receiver is good production. 

He is unavailable for the biggest game of the year.  How are you not hurting the team when you aren't on the field against the New England Patriots and are sitting home once again popping off on twitter and making yourself the center of a sideshow days before the biggest game of the year?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Can some one please explain the difference to me why if either a vaccinated player or unvaccinated player tests negative that one can play and the other can't or has to wait a extended period of time  ?

If they (vaccinated or unvaccinated) are negative for the virus that means that they don't have it any more correct ??

So what's the deal is it just to punish the guy that decides he doesn't want to get the vaccination (that's what it looks like to me) because if you do as they use to say

"Follow the Science"

And you test negative which the science says if you test negative you no longer have the virus so if you no longer have it you can no longer pass it on because you test negative & no longer have it then why do you need to wait the extra time to play ? 

But then if you do have the vaccine and can still get it & pass it on why do they only have to test once a week wouldn't it make more sense to test every body every day to make sure vaxxed or not that you don't have it ?? 

If you can come up with a reasonable common sense explanation PLEASE dear god PLEASE let me know what it is !! 

if youre vax and still test pos - you can and usually have a very low viral load (the antibodies circulating in your body neutralize )- so you dont typically get sick and your chances of spreading are greatly reduced

if youre not vax -opposite

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

McD likely realized this was a throwaway season after seeing half of the starters remain unvaxed week after week. Every one of these players needs to be gone in the off-season. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They haven't treated unvaccinated and vaccinated players equally since the start. The complaints that Beasley has now were the same complaints he had in the offseason. Agree with it or not those have been the rules. All of the unvaccinated players have known they were at greater risk of missing games, irrespective of the vaccine's efficacy.

The NFL just changed the rules. That is the problem. 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Agree, but the NFL just changed their "rules" again in the past week.

In addition, with the 1st opportunity to enforce a "forfeit" or at least keep the game as scheduled, they decided to reschedule multiple games. 

I have a problem with that inconsistent enforcement.  NFL set the original rules, just stick to that, or at the very least don't adjust them to make even more biased/subjective.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

if youre vax and still test pos - you can and usually have a very low viral load - so you dont typically sick and your chances of spreading are greatly reduced

if youre not vax -opposite

Reduced but no guarantee that you can't pass it on & there is still a chance that you can correct ? although it may be small .

So if the chance is still there wouldn't it make more sense to treat every one the same & have the same amount of time away to reduce that chance to spread it even more ? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

McD likely realized this was a throwaway season after seeing half of the starters remain unvaxed week after week. Every one of these players needs to be gone in the off-season. 

It's not half the starters though, that would be 26 and half players. 

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Reduced but no guarantee that you can't pass it on & there is still a chance that you can correct ? although it may be small .

So if the chance is still there wouldn't it make more sense to treat every one the same & have the same amount of time away to reduce that chance to spread it even more ? 

its not black or white. simply put vax populations greatly stopped the spread. you can not put a vax person in the same bucket /category as an unvax person immunologically or from a public health perspective.  ill add. all the data. all the agencies. all the countries are in aggreement on this. its not your local loser youtuber talking about politics and religion and rights > and illogically deducing vaccine science conclusions

Edited by balln
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

Does Cole realize that by him believing and acknowledging that he may not have gotten tested if he just got vaccinated, that he’d probably be playing and helping his team in the biggest game of the year if he just took a shot? 

Maybe he should have done the unselfish thing and just got vaccinated. He could still voice his opinion on it, but he could’ve played. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 2

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe I misread but I think he was more saying the system is unfair and they should test everyone and he’s being singled out.  I didn’t really read that snippet as advocating people playing sick but I didn’t read the full statement if there’s more 

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Reports from the UK is that 90% of those in hospital being treated for Covid are unvaccinated. Good to hear Beasley is fine but the vaccination v treatment approach outlined his reply to Feliciano is stupid to put it mildly. Treatments take longer to implement and also means a hospital bed is taken up to carry them out. 

Well, not quite.

There are a couple of things uninformed about it, though.

Preventive medicine like vaccines are always less expensive than disease treatment, and this is no exception.

Vaccines (like Prevnar) normally sell for about $200/dose.  The various Covid vaccines are being sold to the US Gov't currently for between $4 to <$20/dose.  A single pharmacist can administer at least 20 doses/hr, more if it's a clinic where one person is checking the paperwork and filling out vaccine cards, another is drawing up doses, a third is administering them.  6 doses fit in a tiny vial, and racks and racks of vials can fit in a freezer box.

Monoclonal antibodies are far more expensive to produce, store, ship, and administer.  Regeneron is currently selling its mAb treatment to the go'vt at a discount- $2,100 dose (a mAb treatment may normally cost $5,000-7,000).  The treatments can be given on an out-patient basis, so they don't take up a hospital bed, but they do take up a treatment room and the attention of a nurse for 90 minutes.   The patient to staff ratio should be something like 1:5 to be sure the IVs are all running smoothly, no air, no blown veins, no adverse reactions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1