Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I have no personal problem with him.  I also don't hold him up to be an American hero for spamming twitter with a bunch of misinformation pulled from russian troll farms and the dregs of the internet and calling it research.

Were he vaccinated, he would have an opportunity to play.  He has no chance because of his choices and he's still 

What are you an epidemiologist?. You have an opinion, that's all. Plenty of vaccinated players will miss games. Don't conflate people who have different views from your own with a lack of team loyalty. Are you questioning his effort on the field where he takes viscous hits and keeps coming. Russian troll farms? The majority of professional athletes are on Twitter. It's not personal, ok.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

What are you an epidemiologist?. You have an opinion, that's all. Plenty of vaccinated players will miss games. Don't conflate people who have different views from your own with a lack of team loyalty. Are you questioning his effort on the field where he takes viscous hits and keeps coming. Russian troll farms? The majority of professional athletes are on Twitter. It's not personal, ok.

I have never insinuated a lack of loyalty or questioned his toughness.  That is one "viscous" strawman you've built there.  Have fun knocking it down.

Go familiarize yourself with Cole's campaign of offseason misinformation.  He plumbed the depths of the internet to find some true masterpieces of fiction.  Afterward, familiarize yourself with how an alarming amount of this fiction winds up on our social media platforms being disseminated by unwitting Americans who are generally preconditioned to trust what they read. Well, until recently...

Its not personal for me anymore than its personal when Poyer takes on the internet to compare covid to obesity.  Love all the Bills (not named Cody Ford) on the field, would be thrilled to have a beer with any of them (even Ford), I reserve the right to call out bad takes and/or bad behavior on their part when I see it, and I don't want to discuss politics with a single one of them.   

Is it personal for you, perhaps?

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Evian said:

Actually you don't understand the concept of PUBLIC health. Beasley is right that only testing unvaccinated players is moronic. You have to test everyone if you are going to stop the spread. The NFL is the one ignoring science and public health. Their rules are designed to keep players on the field with very little concern for the public health.

What I stated is absolutely correct with respect to public health.

You seem to be arguing that the NFL should be stricter with their public health and virus containment rules.  I don't disagree with stricter protocols with respect to vaccinated players, but they MAY not be necessary.

If you dont understand the difference between vaccinated and boosted individuals, and unvaccinated individuals, then I'm not sure we can have a productive discussion.

47 minutes ago, Evian said:

lol. If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading. They dropped daily tests for 1 reason. They knew they could not have a season if every positive player had to sit out games. The new variant is so contagious that virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive.

The NFL stopped daily tests of everyone for the reason that vaccinated players were less likely to be infected and less likely to spread covid if infected.

They were doing weekly testing.  It was working.  They were playing games, infection rates were low.

They didn't drop "daily testing" because they're still doing daily testing of unvaccinated players, and they haven't been doing it on vaccinated players all Fall.

The new variant is not that contagious, especially if everyone is masked and distanced as they are supposed to be.

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Unless they've changed these rules too, believe any players signed that didn't just get cut i.e. came directly from another team environment, is required to quarantine for 10 days before joining the team.

The way things are going they may have scaled that back too, but if not the earliest Brown could play would be Jan 1st??

I'm guessing if he's vaxxed and tests negative hes good 

20 minutes ago, 716er said:

Does pharma giant Eli Lilly making money off monoclonal antibody treatments mean something different than pharma giant Phizer and up and comer Moderna doing the same for vaccines?

Actually it does.  Literally the current contract with the US Gov't is 100x higher for a monoclonal antibody treatment than for the most expensive of the vaccines (>$2000 vs <$20).   Cost to administer is also greatly higher - requires a 90 minute supervised infusion vs. a 5 second jab.

This isn't just profiteering - monoclonal antibodies are significantly more expensive to produce as well as more expensive to package, transport, store, and administer. 

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Didn't Beasley get Covid from a vaccinated person?

The source of Beasley's Covid infection has not been publicly identified, and Beasley may not even know.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

O

It isn’t?

The original statement was that "virtually everyone" would be positive.

There isn't a lot of solid data, but an early study might suggest 70-75% would catch it. (Link) That's still pretty much extremely contagious.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Corrected quote

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It isn’t?

No, it's not. 

It is not so contagious that "virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive."  The guys in locker rooms right now are supposed to be masked, distanced when unmasked to eat, and having virtual meetings.

4 minutes ago, Evian said:

🤣  You have no idea what you are talking about. 

Actually, I do.   I understand how Ro is calculated, what the current study in Japan says about it for Omicron, what UK is seeing, and what Cornell (which tested every one of its 30,000 students weekly until winter break) saw.  You?

But way to divorce what I said from its context, which was your unsupported assertion that Omicron is so contagious "virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive". 

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

The original statement was that "virtually everyone" would be positive.

There isn't a lot of solid data, but an early study might suggest 70-75% would catch it. (Link) That's still pretty much extremely contagious.

Interesting most were vaccinated and none who tested positive were hospitalized.  Makes Feliciano somewhat of an anomaly.

Just now, Virgil said:

Yeah, saying COVID isn't the reason he's missing the game is a bit much for me.  Take some responsibility man.

End of the day, he's missing our most important game of the season.

To be fair, the guy played through broken ribs for us last playoffs and we’ve had maybe three most import games at this point.

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have never insinuated a lack of loyalty or questioned his toughness.  That is one "viscous" strawman you've built there.  Have fun knocking it down.

Go familiarize yourself with Cole's campaign of offseason misinformation.  He plumbed the depths of the internet to find some true masterpieces of fiction.  Afterward, familiarize yourself with how an alarming amount of this fiction winds up on our social media platforms being disseminated by unwitting Americans who are generally preconditioned to trust what they read. Well, until recently...

Its not personal for me anymore than its personal when Poyer takes on the internet to compare covid to obesity.  Love all the Bills (not named Cody Ford) on the field, would be thrilled to have a beer with any of them (even Ford), I reserve the right to call out bad takes and/or bad behavior on their part when I see it, and I don't want to discuss politics with a single one of them.   

Is it personal for you, perhaps?

Coles campaign is a different view that you hold, doesn’t make it disinformation. It’s amazing how some believe they have all the answers and anyone going against that belief is nuts, an idiot, a trouble maker. 🤦

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

It’s dumb. I wish they would’ve told the players ahead of time that this was going to happen…

It's like we're going by the seat of our pants and reacting instead of being proactive. Why is it so hard to get tests? We knew this strain was super transmittable

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

he new variant is not that contagious, especially if everyone is masked and distanced as they are supposed to be.

It's only the 2nd most contagious virus on the planet

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/omicron-variant-contagious-rate-university-hospitals-doctor/95-6c4cd1a7-a1f3-428a-9192-e50b7afd3cb5

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Didn't Beasley get Covid from a vaccinated person?

Perhaps?   That’s the thing I keep seeing people forget. You may be vaccinated.. but you can still infect other people.  Since you shouldn’t want to spread the virus to anyone, and never know who’s vaccinated or not, everyone should still be masking up, distancing, and washing their hands frequently.  But everyone has completely over politicized this and/or are too self centered to care about the  rest of the world.  So here we are, infections running rampant...2 years in!   And sure. It’s mild for a lot of people ...but some of us have several family members and friends that have died, and more still in the hospital. 

Bottom line, vaccinated or not, young or old, wear a mask and take common sense precautions.   Get vaccinated.  And stop hating on people regardless of their stance.    It’s my only problem with Beasley’s stance.. stop thinking of yourself and think of people like Dawkins.   There is no conspiracy other than the league trying to keep the Bills down. 

I wish Cole well and all the Bills’ players and fans as well.    Pats players.. that’s another story.  Lol. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Interesting most were vaccinated and none who tested positive were hospitalized.  Makes Feliciano somewhat of an anomaly.

It's definitely bad luck. Of course, he could have Delta, breakthrough cases were happening with increasing frequency anyhow, hence the boosters. But it does feel like an anomaly when you look at his age and overall health. Hopefully he makes a strong recovery now.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Right, but he says that it is the rules stopping him from playing. Both can be true, some players (not just Beasley) would be willing to play with a sore throat and congestion for example. I mean, this guy played with a rib injury. His toughness is not in question. Other players feel the same. Fortunately the league does not set its policy based on that.

I see what you're saying.  Yes, you're right, I believe some players would get an IV before the game and at halftime and try to play through the flu in previous years.

I guess my point was that vaccinated or unvaccinated don't make a difference to whether a player with symptoms can play.

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol well he’s out 10 days minimum…any news on sanders coming back? Not to defend Beasley too much but I think most of the nfl is getting omicron in the next 3 weeks vaccinated or not.

I would not take that as defending him. 

unfortunately, not shocking to see it happen but he made the choice to have it impact his availability worse than most. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I see what you're saying.  Yes, you're right, I believe some players would get an IV before the game and at halftime and try to play through the flu in previous years.

I guess my point was that vaccinated or unvaccinated don't make a difference to whether a player with symptoms can play.

I agree. I also think players with highly contagious serious diseases should not play (insert sport here) while they are highly contagious. I understand why the NFL has decided to, in my opinion, partially bury its head in the sand and assume that vaccinated asymptomatic players are not contagious, even though the evidence for that is ... ?.

What I really don't understand is the "negative tests" criteria. It seems like any asymptomatic player who tests negative a sufficient number of times should be eligible to return to play if the focus is on safety - regardless of vaccination status. Are they basically not trusting the tests? I have heard of false negatives, but isn't that why they repeat them?

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Corrected last sentence
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, it's not. 

It is not so contagious that "virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive."  The guys in locker rooms right now are supposed to be masked, distanced when unmasked to eat, and having virtual meetings.

Actually, I do.   I understand how Ro is calculated, what the current study in Japan says about it for Omicron, what UK is seeing, and what Cornell (which tested every one of its 30,000 students weekly until winter break) saw.  You?

But way to divorce what I said from its context, which was your unsupported assertion that Omicron is so contagious "virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive". 

If the NFL tested every guy in every locker room over the next month, everyone will test positive at some point. That is why they changed the rules. 

You can't stop this variant from spreading. Thankfully most healthy young people will have little problem with the virus.

213 players tested positive in last week. 200 + more probably have it. That means everyone will have it by the end of the season. Not even debatable.

7 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I think there's a certain degree of alarmism going on.  For example, there were people suggesting that Delta variant was more infectious than Chicken pox, I think when the dust settled a little bit, it didn't turn out that way.

But either way, assuming that distancing and masking are being observed, even measles wouldn't spread to every single person in an NFL locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think there's a certain degree of alarmism going on.  For example, there were people suggesting that Delta variant was more infectious than Chicken pox, I think when the dust settled a little bit, it didn't turn out that way.

But either way, assuming that distancing and masking are being observed, even measles wouldn't spread to every single person in an NFL locker room.

213 positives in the last week. Probably double that if you throw in all the positives that went untested. By seasons end everyone will test positive or have it but not get tested.  That is why they changed the rule. 

I've never had a lot of interest in "woulda, coulda, shoulda."   If Beasley was not vaccinated, he's out of the game, pure and simple -  as per league policy.  If he was vaccinated he's got a chance.  Beasley has had a somewhat reduced role in the offense this season.  McKenzie is the obvious option to serve as a slot receiver.  McKenzie may not be as crafty as Beasley, but he has more potential to bust a big play.  Buffalo still has lots of weapons, even with both Sanders and Beasley out.  If Buffalo loses versus New England, the lack of receiving weapons won't be the primary reason.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There is ALWAYS alarmism in the media with regards to this topic. However, all preliminary data indicates that this variant can out-spread Delta and there appears to be widespread agreement on that subject from scientific and public health authorities, not just from news reports. This appears to be based both on immune escape and pure transmissibility factors. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Evian said:

If the NFL tested every guy in every locker room over the next month, everyone will test positive at some point. That is why they changed the rules. 

That was not your statement.  You said "virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive".  In a masked and distanced locker room holding virtual meetings - Baloney.

As far as "can't stop this variant from spreading, horseradish - even if it's the "second most contagious virus on the planet", the most contagious virus on the planet, Measles, was able to be curtailed by public health measures before vaccines.

15 minutes ago, Evian said:

213 players tested positive in last week. 200 + more probably have it. That means everyone will have it by the end of the season. Not even debatable.

It's probably true that all the players will have it by the end of the season, but there's a "cause and effect" going on here. 

The NFL has made a decision that it's no longer going to monitor all players for infection, therefore unless the NFL has marvelous data they aren't sharing with the world about the lack of contagiousness of infected, asymptomatic vaccinated players (and can count on symptoms to be accurately self-reported), widespread infection is likely to occur, yes.

7 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

There is ALWAYS alarmism in the media with regards to this topic. However, all preliminary data indicates that this variant can out-spread Delta and there appears to be widespread agreement on that subject from scientific and public health authorities, not just from news reports. This appears to be based both on immune escape and pure transmissibility factors. 

No question it's more contagious than Delta.  It's out-competing Delta very effectively (though Delta is still out there).  That doesn't mean the Doctor's estimated Ro in the article to which I was responding (from @Sheneneh Jenkins) is correct or that it's the "second most contagious virus on the planet". 

Please, Beasley do what all Americans have to do. Play by the rules set forth by your employer or just quit. Stop whining. I am so sick of his acting out and again making this about him and not the team when his choices hurt the team and he knew that could be the case going into the season. I hope McKenzie lights it up in his place. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No question it's more contagious than Delta.  It's out-competing Delta very effectively (though Delta is still out there).  That doesn't mean the estimated Ro in the article to which I was responding is correct or that it's the "second most contagious virus on the planet".

Good point. The value of 15 represented one speaker's opinion and not any kind of established fact.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was not your statement.  You said "virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive".  In a masked and distanced locker room holding virtual meetings - Baloney.

As far as "can't stop this variant from spreading, horseradish - even if it's the "second most contagious virus on the planet", the most contagious virus on the planet, Measles, was able to be curtailed by public health measures before vaccines.

It's probably true that all the players will have it by the end of the season, but there's a "cause and effect" going on here. 

The NFL has made a decision that it's no longer going to monitor all players for infection, therefore unless the NFL has marvelous data they aren't sharing with the world about the lack of contagiousness of infected, asymptomatic vaccinated players (and can count on symptoms to be accurately self-reported), widespread infection is likely to occur, yes.

Sent you an interesting article about how Covid really spreads. Don’t want issues with posting it here. Interesting read if you have the time…

Given who the Bills have lost, and who the Pats have lost (At this time 10:36am EST) I's rather be in the Bills position by far. McKenzie, Davis and Kumerow, can more than adequately provide what Beasley provides. and much more. Bills need to get their O-Line back however .    

22 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

What I really don't understand is the "negative tests" criteria. It seems like any asymptomatic player who tests negative a sufficient number of times should be eligible to return to play if the focus is on safety - regardless of vaccination status.

The NFL purposefully designed the protocols in the first place to punish players for not being vaccinated, in the hopes that it would encourage more players to get vaccinated. The design worked. I know of several players that got the vaccine just in the interest of being available for their team, Emmanuel Sanders being one. The protocols were not designed with the goal of 100% effectiveness or safety. They were designed to minimize the number of unvaccinated players in NFL locker rooms and on that goal they succeeded.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Evian said:

You can't stop this variant from spreading. Thankfully most healthy young people will have little problem with the virus.

100% chance that statement is wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1