Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

The man made a choice, and now that choice is hurting his team in probably the biggest Bills-Pats game ever.  I don't think that's even arguable.

I hope he has a speedy recovery and that he has mild symptoms.  COVID sucks, a lot. 

Edited by Bruffalo
Missed a word.
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If they tested everyone vaxxed it would be so much worse…I wonder what percentage of vaxxed guys they’re testing are getting positive tests…they’ll never tell us that lol 

Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

A - freaking - men.  

I think there’s still a point to made that he’s putting his team at a strategic disadvantage by not being vaccinated but as far as his health goes for sure. There’s probably tons of Covid positive vaccinated guys right now skating by by not being tested and playing right now…of course that is not the best thing safety wise lol I feel like the nfl kind of flubbed this one. They’re too scared to test everybody cuz they’d likely have to postpone everything.  If nobody gets tested nobody can have Covid 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

His production is replaceable?

He has the 16th most receptions this year in the NFL among receivers and he is not the Bills' number 1 receiver.

In other words, he has more catches than half the rest of the NFL teams' starting number 1 receiver.

Good luck replacing that kind of production.    I bet it doesn't happen.    If it was that easy, more teams would be doing it.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2021/reg/all/receivingreceptions/desc

If this is a bad year for him, how good is he in a good year?

Dude is money.   He produces.    Yes he is a dick - a dick that produces.

So, let me ask this. Honestly. If Cole has 10 catches for 70 yards that's a solid game from him right? 

If Davis (who has barely been seeing the field) steps in and gets 6 catches for 70 yards...is that not replacing production? Also understand that other players may see a spike in targets. 

Beasley is good at getting separation...no doubt. But he is not the "irreplaceable force" many make him out to be. We have seen him while playing injured disappear for entire games. Wheels keep going. It's nice when he's out there and an asset...absolutely. But his production is definitely replacable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I guess being young and healthy didn't protect him like he thought

There's a difference between catching covid and getting very sick from it.  Those that are healthy and young (under 40) seldom get very sick.  The problem the NFL faces is its dealing with a strain whose spread is likley not impacted much by vaccination or natural immunity status.  As such it will spread through the players.

The only hope to not have a screwed up ending to this season is to adopt the same procedures that they use with the flu.  If you're to sick to play you don't play.  If you are asymptomatic or the symptoms are mild you play.  But given the current climate that is very unlikely to be adopted.

It will turn out that this season wasn't a bad one for the Bills to suffer a regression like in 1989.  Imagine if we were 11 - 3 and started losing players to covid?

2 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

Hope he gets well. Not sure his 8 yards per catch and 1 TD will be hard to replace.  Not the player he used to be.  

TD production aside, he was still on pace for one of his best seasons of his career in terms of receptions and yards.

And any chance this team has of winning any games in the playoffs (assuming they get there) involves Beasely in the lineup and on the field.

Beasley is a victim of this omicron variant and protocols that will be adjusted to enable games to be played. 10 days to quarantine even with a negative test and this variant proven to be mild, shows an inflexibility in NFLmedical approach. They never acknowledge natural immunity or vaccinated and boosted players having the majority of positive tests. These players can return after one negative test and never be tested again. It makes no sense. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

TD production aside, he was still on pace for one of his best seasons of his career in terms of receptions and yards.

And any chance this team has of winning any games in the playoffs (assuming they get there) involves Beasely in the lineup and on the field.

It can be done without him if need be. McKenzie will fill in fine

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Just read all 11 pages. It was as level headed and fun as I expected it to be.

Im almost to the end of reading from page 1.........My comment?

a Loud Very Sad mad and frustrated BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this news makes me sad, we could have used him in new england .............NEXT MAN UP

SMH 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I just think it’s crazy everyone gets Covid these days and the Flu has disappeared…..

2019- 38 Million cases of the Flu

2020- 2k cases of the flu

Curious to see what the flu numbers are so far or what will be for this year.

I remember when athletes got the flu and would play sick…. Now everyone just gets covid!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

So, let me ask this. Honestly. If Cole has 10 catches for 70 yards that's a solid game from him right? 

If Davis (who has barely been seeing the field) steps in and gets 6 catches for 70 yards...is that not replacing production? Also understand that other players may see a spike in targets. 

Beasley is good at getting separation...no doubt. But he is not the "irreplaceable force" many make him out to be. We have seen him while playing injured disappear for entire games. Wheels keep going. It's nice when he's out there and an asset...absolutely. But his production is definitely replacable.

Judge production however you want to judge it.

When it comes to receivers, my primary measuring stick is do they get open and catch the ball.  

The stats say unequivocally that Beasley does that exceptionally well.       So well in fact, that if you look at the guys who had more catches than him this year, you will see that Beasley is fourth or fifth on the list for completion percentages.    He gets open and catches the ball.    In fact, he does it better than a lot of well known players NFL fans drool over like Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, etc.

Beasley is a way above average receiver.   And it is remarkable he outperforms much larger receivers with a larger catching radius.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

Im almost to the end of reading from page 1.........My comment?

a Loud Very Sad mad and frustrated BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this news makes me sad, we could have used him in new england .............NEXT MAN UP

SMH 

Amen Muppy! This isn't the Buffalo Beasleys. Davis, McKenzie....perhaps Stevenson all need to and have the ability to step up.

We lost Tre and Dane Jackson has stepped up. Good teams find a way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He's going to get a shot this week, as will other guys with the Bills suddenly depleted WR corps.

We already know what he can do. He had his shot. He showed last season. 5 TDs, 9.4 ypc...282yds. Not bad for a guy getting limited opportunities... 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

13 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Not the same.  Davis should ALSO get 6 catches with Beasley there. 

And no one is better than Beasley at getting those critical short 3rd down passes for a first.  

So yes, we will miss him, especially if the weather is bad.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Beasley is a victim of this omicron variant and protocols that will be adjusted to enable games to be played. 10 days to quarantine even with a negative test and this variant proven to be mild, shows an inflexibility in NFLmedical approach. They never acknowledge natural immunity or vaccinated and boosted players having the majority of positive tests. These players can return after one negative test and never be tested again. It makes no sense. 

They can return after no negative tests. 

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

We already know what he can do. He showed last season. 5 TDs, 9.4 ypc...282yds. Not bad for a guy getting limited opportunities... 

Never underestimate this coaching staff though when it comes to their roster evaluation.

It took them 3/4 the season to realize Singletary is a #1 back and should be getting the bulk of the carries, among other head scratching moves.

12 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

This is bad info. They changed the policy 

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Judge production however you want to judge it.

When it comes to receivers, my primary measuring stick is do they get open and catch the ball.  

The stats say unequivocally that Beasley does that exceptionally well.       So well in fact, that if you look at the guys who had more catches than him this year, you will see that Beasley is fourth or fifth on the list for completion percentages.    He gets open and catches the ball.    In fact, he does it better than a lot of well known players NFL fans drool over like Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, etc.

Beasley is a way above average receiver.   And it is remarkable he outperforms much larger receivers with a larger catching radius.

So basically you are tap dancing around answering the question I asked. 

Couldn't care less about Hill, Adams, Kelce et all. But I can mention other players too.

Earlier in the season the Cardinals lost Kylar for a couple games. They still won. Team sport. You don't have to have a 1:1 swap. Production can come from many areas. And even be a cumulative stat. It's ridiculous to think that any WR (even Diggs) is completely irreplaceable. 

Hey, remeber when we lost Tre? Defense seems to be skipping along. People step up. 

You are gonna lose it when he's a cap cut this offseason 😂

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

2019- 38 Million cases of the Flu

2020- 2k cases of the flu

The flu has not disappeared.... last year the cases of the flu were so low because of quarantining, a record number of flu shots, and widespread mask wearing....I saw a report that this year, cases of the flu are right back to usual levels due to the fact that people are no longer taking the same precautions as they did last winter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

The flu has not disappeared.... last year the cases of the flu were so low because of quarantining, a record number of flu shots, and widespread mask wearing....I saw a report that this year, cases of the flu are right back to usual levels due to the fact that people are no longer taking the same precautions as they did last winter.

Not saying it’s disappeared but the numbers from 2020-21 were beyond low. My point is you never hear of anyone being sick or having the flu in sports anymore, all you here is Covid and craziness.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

If I'm Beane, this off season I will cut/trade any player who's not vaccinated.  Period.  Probably he won't be allowed to say that's what's behind each move, but the players will get the message.  And obviously not sign as FAs, or draft, any unvaxxed players.

Send the message that the Bills are committed to winning, and anyone who's NOT committed to winning doesn't belong on the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That is unfortunate but the show must go on, between, Diggs, Knox, Davis and Sanders the team should have enough fire power but Beasley probably not being there stinks. 

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If I'm Beane, this off season I will cut/trade any player who's not vaccinated.  Period.  Probably he won't be allowed to say that's what's behind each move, but the players will get the message.  And obviously not sign as FAs, or draft, any unvaxxed players.

Send the message that the Bills are committed to winning, and anyone who's NOT committed to winning doesn't belong on the team.

Problem is this team is littered with those guys. Beasley and Poyer are both not easy to replace for example.