Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What?

Yeah.

Me too.  A lot of these guys have kids in schools.  So do I.  It’s sort of bubbling in OP schools—two in one building, three in another, a few more in a third—every day.   Personally I think it spreads on the bus, which is why I’m worried about it coming home to some of these guys and then spreading within the team.  And, on top of that, I suspect that at least some of them had family in town last week for Christmas.  So that’s another (football) concern.  

13 minutes ago, frogger said:

He might be, but let’s hope the rest of his family and friends are too…let’s not forget that he can’t be around his family on Christmas…unless he truly doesn’t care.

You’re being a bit dramatic with “he might be”. He’s young and in great physical condition. He is going to be fine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think it's "inevitable", but I think it's very likely given the NFL's change in policy to only test players with self-reported symptoms.

They are betting the season on the belief that asymptomatic players won't be contagious.

I think they are betting the season on the belief that most of the vaccinated infected players will be asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic and play through it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sure.  But that’s obviously not what you implied.  And you also ignored the reality that the unvaccinated are more likely to be infected with COVID.  Let’s just leave it at that.  

No, that's not what I implied. And I ignored nothing. My simple statement was that everyone is getting this regardless of ones vaccination status and that has everything to do with the availability of a player. My post from the last couple days have been consistent with that stance. You're the one trying to open the can of worms here. My view is strictly on football and the availibility of players.

• Dislike 1

The Pats may be without a few receivers also.

This is hardly insurmountable.  I wouldn't mind seeing Hodgins brought up - but they can still be potent w/ what they have, and it would be cool to see Stevenson in on some plays to stretch the field.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Did he say being young and healthy would stop him from getting it or help him fight it off?  Omicron is gonna give ammo to both sides of the vax debate because tons of vaccinated people I know are getting it…some with boosters even 

I think both. Vaccinated people will get it but symptoms will be milder. If he is vaccinated he has a chance to play Sunday. I'm sure he'll be fine. I was concerned about the game

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I don't think McKenzie or Kumerow are good at WR

Oh yea this is in the context of you’re missing two of your top three receivers also…pats are in the same boat and who else do they have? McKenzie can be a difference maker in more than just the passing game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

McKenzie might actually play better in the slot than Beasley has. No knock on Beasley, but he hasn’t been very good this year and I think he’s been playing through injuries.

Ranked number 16 in number of catches.    And he is receiver number 2 on the team.     No.   He's not very good.   What a ridiculous take.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2021/reg/all/receivingreceptions/desc

• Agree 2

I hope he does not contract a serious case. He has a family.  That is the primary concern, football be damned.

Having said that, I stated at the outset of this season Covid would cost us a shot at a title.  And I am sure there are fans of each team saying the same.  This year’s champion will likely have nothing to do with who the best team is, it will have to do with who gets the virus and/or the randomness of who of the vaccinated players get tested and turn up positive or negative.  Total crap shoot.

Firstly, I hope all the players and their families are okay. They are all people first and football players second.

Secondary matter: Given the huge difference in the way the NFL treats vaccinated and unvaccinated players and the statistically somewhat likely difference in severity and duration of symptoms between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, the Bills have been walking a finer path than most teams all season. We have tripped off that path in the week leading to our most crucial game of the season. This is why the anti-vax stance of some team members was irresponsible from a football point of view.

Edited by Jeff1954
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Jeff1954 said:

Firstly, I hope all the players and their families are okay. They are all people first and football players second.

Secondary matter: Given the huge difference in the way the NFL treats vaccinated and unvaccinated players and the statistically somewhat likely difference in severity and duration of symptoms between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, the Bills have been walking a finer path than most teams all season. We have tripped off that path in the week leading to our most crucial game of the season. This is why the anti-vax stance of some team members was irresponsible from a football point of view.

Vaccine status doesn’t matter with omicron

It’s endemic at this time, just stop testing. People have had the chance to vaccinate. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea this is in the context of you’re missing two of your top three receivers also…pats are in the same boat and who else do they have? McKenzie can be a difference maker in more than just the passing game 

That's my point.   They're is not depth.  McKenzie imo, is one of the most overrated players on this team.   He's a gadget player that doesn't produce.  1 rushing TD and a 5.4 yards/rec average.  38 yards receiving.  A difference maker how?

If we have Diggs, Knox & Davis, we're fine. There will be a drop-off, but we have capable receivers who can fill in for Beasley.

This is not the end of the world.  I'm more concerned about headlines that we might see in the next few days.  The attrition needs to stay relatively even.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

If we have Diggs, Knox & Davis, we're fine. There will be a drop-off, but we have capable receivers who can fill in for Beasley.

This is not the end of the world.  I'm more concerned about headlines that we might see in the next few days.  The attrition needs to stay relatively even.

McKenzie is a great backup in the slot. We will miss Cole, but I think McK is up to the task.  Plus, it may help Cole getting a little break— he has been banged up a lot this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2