2022 RB Draft class looks pretty good

78thealltimegreat

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hate for us to burn a 1st or 2nd round draft choice on a RB!

I can't Billieve we blew it with not one but two third round picks (at RB). Boy, the wheels sure are falling off. With little cap room next season even though, Hughes, Addison, Star, Sanders and others have finished their time in Buffalo. It is crazy sounding thinking about the cap. What ever happened to getting good backs undrafted? 
I mean, I'm glad we have nine picks for the draft but I thought we'd have around forty mill to spend next season. Our team seems weak, small and devoid of Blue-chippers other than Allen (with White hurt).

You need five or six Blue Chippers to win a SB, we're about half way there,btops. I don't see how how we're going to get three more looking back at Beane's offseasons to date. 
Things look snafu again. Same as it ever was.

And another thing! Do we just suck all along the front seven or does McD's defense make everyone look bad?

It really is hard to tell. I wonder what McD would do with a Bruce Smith?

"C'mon Bruce, just walk the OT slowly back into the QB, bea team player...."

Is it too late to get Wade Phillips back?

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.........

I'm depressed.

At least!

Well, there's a catch....

Yes, theSabreswill also suck next season.

However!

They will be fun to watch as our many kids about to be Sabres make the team next season.

We should have four lines of good to very good players. Just very young.

It will make for some really exciting moments next season and who knows?

They might surprise.

We will have young and very young impressive talent on all four lines. Throughout the defense and in goal.

i reccomend watching next season.

• Vomit 1

There are only 2 ways to get an impact RB in the draft.

1) Draft one in Rounds 1-2 (preferably 2)

2) Draft one later & get extremely lucky

We already have a pair of 3rd Round RBs, and it's clear they're not impact players. Lucking out with a Kamara or Kareem Hunt in the 3rd is rare. Sure there's success stories, but the vast majority of 3rd round & later RBs are JAGs. Who's to say the third time would be a charm if we dive back the to 3rd round well? Can we afford to waste another year of Josh's prime with a weak run game?

Edited by 947

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

McCaffrey would...trade!

I’d throw up.  

I’m surprised I got so much hate about the DB comment.  Don’t people realize that Tre won’t be back until late October at best?  

Wallace is a UFA.  We are on track to have Johnson and Jackson as our only two starting DB’s

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry my good friend, not even close. We desperately need blockers and receivers.

Ha!  I was just typing about this. 

I also disagree on receivers.  I’m very comfortable with Gabe and Diggs on the outside.  Now, If they are worried about Beasley in the slot, I understand.  But I don’t see a slow guy going early nor is that replaced in the draft.  

I’m not dismissing the need for blockers.  I just don’t know that we will go there with a 1st pick.  I hate to say it, but I see it going DB or DT with our first two picks, then G.  

Edited by Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’m not dismissing the need for blockers.  I just don’t know that we will go there with a 1st pick.  I hate to say it, but I see it going DB or DT with our first two picks, then G.  

Eliminate the guard and toss in a running back (with the DB and DT) and you will have what does resemble the Bills recipe for being a losing franchise.

I wouldn't be upset if they went O line in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

You fix the the line and your franchise QB stays healthy and the running game gets better.

JMHO

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’d throw up.  

I’m surprised I got so much hate about the DB comment.  Don’t people realize that Tre won’t be back until late October at best?  

Wallace is a UFA.  We are on track to have Johnson and Jackson as our only two starting DB’s

Ha!  I was just typing about this. 

I also disagree on receivers.  I’m very comfortable with Gabe and Diggs on the outside.  Now, If they are worried about Beasley in the slot, I understand.  But I don’t see a slow guy going early nor is that replaced in the draft.  

The Bills have Macleod on the PS and Jackson looks ok and there is also Cam Lewis.

Levi isn't getting big money anywhere and knows he fits the scheme so he should be back at a value price

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

From the little I've read and watched on this year's RBs I really like Charbonnet. Sounds like he can power through defenders, has breakaway speed and good vision, and can pass protect well. Reminds me of Henry/Taylor/Mixon. I'd gladly spend a low 1st on a player like that although I recognize that is not a popular opinion.

*Had to edit my original post*

Of all the RBs near the top of this class, Spiller and Charbonnet are the only game changers I see.

Our current RBs aren't good enough, I don't care how much people like "Motor".

Edited by Chicken Boo

16 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Obviously if Zack Moss turns it around would be the best news but should he keep getting benched…

With KJ Walker declaring for the draft there’s like 5 top 2ish round kinda prospects 

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Isiah Spiller (no relation to CJ) Texas A&M

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

The Bills could actually get a nice Guard prospect cause it is deep at Guard in the first

Comeback with RB to get at least Moss

replaced and immediately upgrade the depth at two positions 

Zach Moss just isn’t good.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Watching more clips, Bryce Hall looks like a baaaaaad mane!!!!

Breece Hall!! He’s, to me, Thurman like

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s my guy in the draft man 6’1 225 catches the ball…blocks well…oh and runs as sub 4’5 40

I don’t think he’s announced he was coming out yet

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

*Had to edit my original post*

Of all the RBs near the top of this class, Spiller and Charbonnet are the only game changers I see.

Our current RBs aren't good enough, I don't care how much people like "Motor".

You are correct without Josh’s 531 rushing yards only the Texans have a worse rushing attack in the Nfl this is unsustainable 

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Breece Hall!! He’s, to me, Thurman like

I don’t think he’s announced he was coming out yet

Oh I think he will his draft stock is only going to marginally get higher if he came back and to see a guy with this kinda production with Josh in the same backfield 

90A9A4CA-5921-4110-A245-5AA7551A5041.jpeg

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Concentrate on the OL in the off-season.  Going to need at least a new starting C and LG.

I agree. I'd like to see us bring in one stud G in free agency, then draft one in round 1. Pick up a backup C to groom in round 3 or 4. In two years our OL is a team strength.

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I agree. I'd like to see us bring in one stud G in free agency, then draft one in round 1. Pick up a backup C to groom in round 3 or 4. In two years our OL is a team strength.

I hope you’re right.  It’s possible as long as Dawkins returns to pre COVid form.  He’s been one of the worst OLmen on the team this season. Brown vs TB was laughable.  He was the worst player on the field in the first half.  Mental mistakes up the wazoo.

The class overall is average.   Shouldnt be any 1st round picks in the group, but the middle 2-3 rounds have pretty good options for contributors.

Just watched 3 games on both Hall and Walker.   My preference right now would be Walker because he brings the size and speed aspect.   However, even beyond being a Bills fan Hall is a little bit of a Fred Jackson clone.   Runs upright like Fred did, not the fastest player, but is elusive in the open field,  is able to absorb contact well, hard to bring down, and falls forward on most plays.  

My main issue with Hall right now is he struggled against teams with stout defensive lines, and was brought down behind the line enough to concern you.  Wonder if the lack of speed is an issue like it is with our current backs.   In comparison, Walker exploded this year against some very good defenses.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The class overall is average.   Shouldnt be any 1st round picks in the group, but the middle 2-3 rounds have pretty good options for contributors.

Just watched 3 games on both Hall and Walker.   My preference right now would be Walker because he brings the size and speed aspect.   However, even beyond being a Bills fan Hall is a little bit of a Fred Jackson clone.   Runs upright like Fred did, not the fastest player, but is elusive in the open field,  is able to absorb contact well, hard to bring down, and falls forward on most plays.  

My main issue with Hall right now is he struggled against teams with stout defensive lines, and was brought down behind the line enough to concern you.  Wonder if the lack of speed is an issue like it is with our current backs.   In comparison, Walker exploded this year against some very good defenses.  

Ditto.  Well put together post.  Hate seeing ankle injuries before getting to the nfl but every rb gets hurt for the most part.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I’ll take a Fred Jackson clone any day of the week. The problem with Walker is that he’s a one year wonder. Hall has been producing since day one. I want to see Breece against Clemson. He did well against Baylor

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’ll take a Fred Jackson clone any day of the week. The problem with Walker is that he’s a one year wonder. Hall has been producing since day one. I want to see Breece against Clemson. He did well against Baylor

I get what you're saying about the one year wonder thing, but I think if you look at his output at Wake you may see that its not completely accurate.  He scored 13 touchdowns in 2020, and while his yards per carry could have been higher in 2020, his overall work at Wake was good despite a lack of touches.     May have been even better if he wasnt splitting carries.

The main difference I see between Walker and Hall is the explosiveness to their first read.   Hall is a more patient runner, but Walker makes decisions a lot faster, which is what I think the Bills really need.

20 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills could actually get a nice Guard prospect cause it is deep at Guard in the first

If Beane goes Guard - RB in the first 2 rounds he should be fired before making his third pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Obviously if Zack Moss turns it around would be the best news but should he keep getting benched…

With KJ Walker declaring for the draft there’s like 5 top 2ish round kinda prospects 

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

I gotta be honest...it still baffles me why people think the bigger issue with our run game is the running backs themselves.  Our OL is not opening lanes, and its both an issue with personnel and scheme.  

Look at Tenn, any scrub off the street keeps coming in and putting up 100+ yards behind that OL, including 2 in one game since Henry went down.  Henry was a so-so RB for Tenn for a long time before they built an elite OL.  He was no where near the player the first part of his career there that he has been most the more recent years.  Dont get me wrong, Henry is very talented...but even his talents were being squandered before they fixed the OL.

We need to address the OL first...and maybe most importantly, make a change at both OL Coach (fire Bobby Johnson) and possibly OC (Daboll has no idea how to build an offense that has an effective run game).  

Im not against upgrading the RB spot, but for me the OL and coaching issues around the OL and run scheme are a bigger priority this offseason.

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I wouldn't be upset if they went O line in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

You fix the the line and your franchise QB stays healthy and the running game gets better.

JMHO

The Bills have Macleod on the PS and Jackson looks ok and there is also Cam Lewis.

Levi isn't getting big money anywhere and knows he fits the scheme so he should be back at a value price

Saw Levi's market value at 5.7 million.

Breece Hall looks slower than Singletary in that highlight. If he's routinely getting caught from behind vs average college teams, he's too slow for the NFL. He's a nice runner & reads blocks well, but he's going to run a 4.7. He's a day 3 pick.

1 hour ago, Billl said:

If Beane goes Guard - RB in the first 2 rounds he should be fired before making his third pick.

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I gotta be honest...it still baffles me why people think the bigger issue with our run game is the running backs themselves.  Our OL is not opening lanes, and its both an issue with personnel and scheme.  

Look at Tenn, any scrub off the street keeps coming in and putting up 100+ yards behind that OL, including 2 in one game since Henry went down.  Henry was a so-so RB for Tenn for a long time before they built an elite OL.  He was no where near the player the first part of his career there that he has been most the more recent years.  Dont get me wrong, Henry is very talented...but even his talents were being squandered before they fixed the OL.

We need to address the OL first...and maybe most importantly, make a change at both OL Coach (fire Bobby Johnson) and possibly OC (Daboll has no idea how to build an offense that has an effective run game).  

Im not against upgrading the RB spot, but for me the OL and coaching issues around the OL and run scheme are a bigger priority this offseason.

That lack of vision cost us the pats game that’s why he was benched for Tampa 

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

Breece Hall looks slower than Singletary in that highlight. If he's routinely getting caught from behind vs average college teams, he's too slow for the NFL. He's a nice runner & reads blocks well, but he's going to run a 4.7. He's a day 3 pick.

He ran 4.43 in high school and he’s supposedly faster now 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Really disagree. They need another playmaker at wide out, and interior offensive line before CB… the defense should be low priority. Stack the offense.

Totally agree we need to load up on O we have enough pics on the d side 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Totally agree. Beane's strategy this offseason HAS to be committing 3 high picks to G/C. Even if that means signing a big name FA like Scherff.  Most of the resources have to be focused on OL.  I'm not thrilled about our 3 headed rb monster but I could live with Singletary one more year then go shopping in 23 for an elite RB. The only thing that terrifies me is McD will insist on a defensive player somewhere in the first 3 rounds. 

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@78thealltimegreat, what’s impressing me even more is that if he does enter the draft, he hasn’t dropped out of playing in upcoming bowl game against Clemson. I’ll be watching to see how he performs. He’s Iowa State’s #1 option on offense 

Good point like i said I can see going oline in round 1 definitely but man we need a back with break away speed and he definitely has that 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right.  It’s possible as long as Dawkins returns to pre COVid form.  He’s been one of the worst OLmen on the team this season. Brown vs TB was laughable.  He was the worst player on the field in the first half.  Mental mistakes up the wazoo.

I'm glad someone else noticed that. As much as I'm hopefully for Spencer's development,  he looked terrible v TB. And Dawkins has been off all season. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hate for us to burn a 1st or 2nd round draft choice on a RB!

Why?  Sure looks to me like that's the 1 thing our offense is missing.  Draft one in the 2nd round because that seems to be the sweet spot as that's where 3 of the 4 best RBs in the NFL were drafted in Henry, Taylor and Cook.  Kamara was drafted at the top of the 3rd.

OL round 1.  RB round 2.... maybe even trading up to get one.

I know nothing about any of these RBs, though.  Who do we want?  In other words, who is closer to resembling Taylor or Henry rather than Cook or Kamara?

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

Huge A&M fan here.

I thought throughout 2021 that Achane was the getter back for the Aggies this year, not Spiller. Achane is so explosive.

Achane won't be coming out this year, but I would put a hold on Spiller, unless you get him bottom of round 2.

Gig'em!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.