Do the Bills have any 2007/2011 Giants playoff run in them?

Another Fan

I still remember those Giant teams well as they were local.  10-6 in 2007 and 9-7 in 2011.  So like the Bills this year they were decent teams but turned it on at the right time to go on epic playoff runs to win the Super Bowl.

Giants had a bad loss in the middle of the 2007 season against Minnesota where there fans thought Eli was a bust.  But had a very respectable last game of the year versus the undefeated Pats where they got momentum.  Then one Giant loss in the Super Bowl!  So why can’t this loss to the Bucs propel the team going forward?

Also Giants we’re 7-7 in 2011 and underachieving before everybody’s favorite big mouthed ex coach inspired them to not only beat the Jets but propelled them through another epic Super Bowl run.

So why not the Bills?  Everybody loves Josh.  I think he has it in him to lead a Super Bowl run.   He’s being certainly compensated as that The Man.  

so yeah I Billieve 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

• Another Fan changed the title to Do the Bills have any 2007/2011 Giants playoff run in them?

Because of Josh, I think the Bills are a very dangerous team in any given game at this point in his career, similar to how I’ve looked at guys like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees throughout their careers.  Nobody likes playing against Rodgers when he is on.  If a QB and supporting cast get hot at the right time, they can make a run (Kurt Warner, Nick Foles, etc to name other examples).

• Like (+1) 3

Those Giants teams could get after the QB with their front 4. Guys like Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck just to name a few. It was one of the main reasons they were able to beat the evil empire twice on the biggest stage. They made Brady's life uncomfortable in both games.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Or 2020 buccaneers haha were not getting that suspect call in the afc championship that the packers got screwed by in the nfc championship though 😂 so we’ll have to be a little better than the bucs last year lol

21 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I have some unique investment opportunities you may be highly interested in.

Haha I could see this side of it too…but the afc being as wide open as it is I’d say it’s possible. If we were in the nfc playoffs heck no.  Pats are the current 1 seed and I think we’ve got a 50/50 shot against them each time we play. We’ve got a more talented roster but they’ve got the coaching. We already beat the chiefs once and this is gonna be controversial but we did enough to beat the bucs Sunday in my opinion…lost a close one against the Derrick Henry led titans gotta think we win that one relatively easily if he doesn’t play.  Lamar may be hurt and the ravens have looked as bad as us or worse at times…they’ve just gotten much luckier than us.  So it’s certainly not impossible but it obviously hinges on us being more consistent 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

No one in the AFC screams unbeatable to me as a fan. Yes likely going on the road the whole way will not be easy but I don’t see a juggernaut out there in the conference. If the Bills can get their lines healthy and right I don’t see why they can’t make noise in the playoffs. But winning 3 road games is a tall task.

57 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I still remember those Giant teams well as they were local.  10-6 in 2007 and 9-7 in 2011.  So like the Bills this year they were decent teams but turned it on at the right time to go on epic playoff runs to win the Super Bowl.

Giants had a bad loss in the middle of the 2007 season against Minnesota where there fans thought Eli was a bust.  But had a very respectable last game of the year versus the undefeated Pats where they got momentum.  Then one Giant loss in the Super Bowl!  So why can’t this loss to the Bucs propel the team going forward?

Also Giants we’re 7-7 in 2011 and underachieving before everybody’s favorite big mouthed ex coach inspired them to not only beat the Jets but propelled them through another epic Super Bowl run.

So why not the Bills?  Everybody loves Josh.  I think he has it in him to lead a Super Bowl run.   He’s being certainly compensated as that The Man.  

so yeah I Billieve 

Allen has led them to a 7-6 record while playing a cupcake schedule. Why in the world is this guy all of a sudden going to run the table against playoff teams when his record against teams at .500 or better is 1-5 ????(the one win coming against a KC team that was a shell of what it is today)

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Aikman said:

Allen has led them to a 7-6 record while playing a cupcake schedule. Why in the world is this guy all of a sudden going to run the table against playoff teams when his record against teams at .500 or better is 1-5 ????(the one win coming against a KC team that was a shell of what it is today)

If he’s the QB we all seem to think he is and is being compensated as such…. he should 

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

so yeah I Billieve 

I’m thinking the same thing!! It’s all about when you get hot!!

This version of the Bills cant win close games.

This version of the Bills also can't play a 60 minute game to save their lives.  We either see them come into a game shot out of a cannon, get a lead then fade over the strech but still win, or we see them not show up until mid 3rd quarter then have a furious effort that falls short in the end.   They aren't mentally strong enough to endure the playoffs

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Me too obviously but Eli was totally underrated in those playoffs…just for the record 🤣

Only at a Bills forum would the guy who takes down BB, Tom Brady, and the "Cheatriots" not once, but TWICE in the BIGGEST GAME OF THEM ALL be mocked as somehow being "no good."

If only we had such losers quarterbacking our teams!  

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

so yeah I Billieve 

Those 2 teams and years are just a couple examples of a team getting hot at the right time and going on a short run.

Keep in mind winning a Super Bowl is not that hard IMO...massively easier than winning a Stanley Cup, for example.

You don't need to be playing excellent football every other night for a month and a half, while avoiding the injury bug, to get to where you are going.

Win a few games and you are in the big dance...once there, focus, and get it done.

Sure the Bills can go on a run, maybe starting this week...or even with the 2nd half of the Tampa game!

In fact, I can see that now.  In about 3 weeks, people are going to say "Since that second half of the game in Tampa, this Bills team has been different."

Let's go! 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Only at a Bills forum would the guy who takes down BB, Tom Brady, and the "Cheatriots" not once, but TWICE in the BIGGEST GAME OF THEM ALL be mocked as somehow being "no good."

If only we had such losers quarterbacking our teams!  

Those 2 teams and years are just a couple examples of a team getting hot at the right time and going on a short run.

Keep in mind winning a Super Bowl is not that hard IMO...massively easier than winning a Stanley Cup, for example.

You don't need to be playing excellent football every other night for a month and a half, while avoiding the injury bug, to get to where you are going.

Win a few games and you are in the big dance...once there, focus, and get it done.

Sure the Bills can go on a run, maybe starting this week...or even with the 2nd half of the Tampa game!

In fact, I can see that now.  In about 3 weeks, people are going to say "Since that second half of the game in Tampa, this Bills team has been different."

Let's go! 

It’s certainly set up well for us to have a chance…pats are far from unbeatable and they are the best team in the conference right now.  Titans and ravens have had a bunch of huge injuries.  If we were in the nfc playoffs I wouldn’t be holding out hope but you never know with the afc this season.  Could be anybodys game. It’s a bunch of good but not quite powerhouse teams 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No, those Giant teams had better trenches than us. We'll go 10-7 and barely sneak into the playoffs.  But the goal is Lombardi and our OL will not sustain this.

I never felt like actually winning the SB was a viable goal for this season.  Even before this season turned into this season (and current record) it felt like we are still a work in progress.  

I do think we will "barely sneak into the playoffs" but that's quite OK.  It's about what we do once there.

Let's say we are the #7 seed....we will be the #7 seed that NO ONE wants to play.

Because no one will know when we snap into form and throw 30+ on the board.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I never felt like actually winning the SB was a viable goal for this season.  Even before this season turned into this season (and current record) it felt like we are still a work in progress.  

I do think we will "barely sneak into the playoffs" but that's quite OK.  It's about what we do once there.

Let's say we are the #7 seed....we will be the #7 seed that NO ONE wants to play.

Because no one will know when we snap into form and throw 30+ on the board.

You know you wont be playing the Jets or Dolphins in the playoffs. 1-5 record against teams this year who are .500 or better. Got over 30 twice in those 6 games. Perspective is a big thing here.

• Agree 1

If they could actually get into the playoffs I think we have the stuff to be dangerous. But I. doubt we'll even make the playoffs now so may never know.

Eisen had a good bit this week comparing the Bills to the Bucs last year, how everyone thought they were dead after losing to the defending champions to fall to 7-5. He said they looked great in the second half of that game but lost anyway. I have to say his pep talk did motivate me a bit, but we'll see. 

Doubtful. Bills don't have that kind of Dline Giants had and their LBer's were better than what we have outside of Milano. OL was good too. Bills are not as good in the trenches like they were.

But I guess you never know what can happen. It's certainly not impossible, but it's highly doubtful imo

Having a Qb with Allens talent gives us that chance.  He gets hot its over.  Green Bay won a Super Bowl with Rodgers because he was red hot.  Allen has the potential to do it.  I dont believe the roster has high end talent to do it without Allen playing to his full potential.

Funny that you bring the 2007 NYG team up.  I thought about them the other day as well.  

I don’t subscribe to moral victories by any means but in Week 17 there was a ton of attention on the game against 16-0 New England who were absolutely rolling teams.    

Everyone expected them to roll over but they played New England tough and have them the toughest fight they had in weeks. Many players said this was a confidence building moment even in a losing effort.  

I’m hoping this is the case with Buffalo in Tampa the other night.  I could see it but aI could also see the Bills blowing a game or two to finish 8-9.  So much variance with this team - you never know what you will get

9 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The biggest difference was that Giants had excellent defensive and offensive lines, they were the strength of the team. Our lines are our weakness.

I can’t really remember the games leading up or the Super Bowl but NYG really benefitted from a great matchup.  They were on of the few teams that could pressure New England without blitzing - especially up the middle.  It completely threw off Brady.

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I just don't have any faith in Daboll anymore…

I think the players deserve some of the blame Daboll is getting…lots of these games have been lost because big game changing plays are just being executed terribly.  Some of it has been bad luck as well…guys slipping/josh stepping out of bounds by inches/refs forgetting how to throw penalty flags. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if we turned it on just in time. We have lost two games against top tier teams by literally several inches 

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I can’t really remember the games leading up or the Super Bowl but NYG really benefitted from a great matchup.  They were on of the few teams that could pressure New England without blitzing - especially up the middle.  It completely threw off Brady.

They were a mess and backed into the playoffs at 9-7.  First time around if we beat them in week 17 we would’ve knocked them out of the playoffs entirely.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.